2019-2020 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning! Silence was finally broken after being complete 8/3. Only date was in early-mid-December.
Congrats! if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? Happy Turkey Day by the way :p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete 7/27, scheduled for mid December

LM 72, ORM, CA Resident

Reactions: 6 users
So much for decisions by the end of November...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
what’s taking them so long lol. almost 2 months now.

• Sad
So much for decisions by the end of November...

Ya bro, I def messed up with my Thanksgiving prediction, my bad. It's definitely nutts they're going this slow, I wonder what's going on.

Maybe they're just being extra competitive and trying to wait out as long as possible for all the UCLA and UCSF acceptances to come out to weed out kids...if so we got a few more weeks at least.

But Imma be positive and believe answers will come out this week or next :)

Ya bro, I def messed up with my Thanksgiving prediction, my bad. It's definitely nutts they're going this slow, I wonder what's going on.

Maybe they're just being extra competitive and trying to wait out as long as possible for all the UCLA and UCSF acceptances to come out to weed out kids...if so we got a few more weeks at least.

But Imma be positive and believe answers will come out this week or next :)
It looks like many schools are slower this year (been lurking around threads) even schools that have their waves on time have smaller waves.

Maybe this is due to competitiveness? Or maybe schools almost over admitted last year and are more cautious this year?

Reactions: 1 users
I sent in a pretty significant update and got rejected lol. Still up to you of course

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile
If you don't mind me asking, how did you send in that pre-II update? I don't see any info on where to do that! Thanks.

Does UCI accept pre-II updates? Couldn't find it on the FAQs or portal

Members don't see this ad :)
every time i see a notification from this thread i think the calls have started:eek:

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
12 weeks out... I am beginning to think I dreamt that I interviewed here loll:help:

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Where dem A’s at tho

Reactions: 2 users
i'm just gonna keep posting here everyday till they start calling :whistle:

If I haven't heard anything back from them (no II, H, R), what does this mean ?!

Anyone here choosing UCI over USC? I know pretty specific question, but just wondering! Good luck everyone!

Anyone here choosing UCI over USC? I know pretty specific question, but just wondering! Good luck everyone!

I know some people who chose UCI over USC. I feel like most people who get into a UC (other than Riverside) AND USC, end up choosing the UC. My n=7 but you get the idea!

I know some people who chose UCI over USC. I feel like most people who get into a UC (other than Riverside) AND USC, end up choosing the UC. My n=7 but you get the idea!
Definitely a larger sample size than my 1 friend who chose USC>UCI! Thanks!

I was waitlisted at USC, which I thought I would be more bummed out about, until I realized that I would've chosen UCI over USC anyways. Although USC is great, the cost is too insane for me and the area wasn't somewhere I wanted to live/go to school in. I also enjoyed UCI more on interview day.

Accepted here 3 days ago!! Interviewed mid October.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! What’s your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its been silence for me since late july...when is the latest IIs are sent out?

Reactions: 1 users
What if we were all basically rejected and that's why we have heard nothing LOL.

Cuz there was that one dude from mid-october who got accepted...so...could be anyone from before that was knocked out?

It's only 50/50 after all and we aren't a particularly good sample size :/

What's the protocol on calling admissions offices to get a sense of when they are going to send acceptances etc.?

What's the protocol on calling admissions offices to get a sense of when they are going to send acceptances etc.?

If you do you'll be a god damn hero lmao. If someone calls them and gets an answer that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

On the flip side, they might be like: "Oh, but we have been giving out acceptances. If you didn't get one then...sorry..."

noooooooo

i called a while ago. they just tell you to communicate through the portal and then that your application is still under review.

For people waiting for II's, I found out that they only interview 1-2 days a month which I found pretty surprising. Hopefully helps soothe some stress while waiting or choosing dates!

Reactions: 2 users