pagingdocopp
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, they're on it!!Secondary received 7/10 and submitted 7/14! After payment, I got an email immediately telling me my application was complete and being sent to review.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same, they're on it!!Secondary received 7/10 and submitted 7/14! After payment, I got an email immediately telling me my application was complete and being sent to review.
Is there a two week deadline or is the deadline August? That final email confused me
Is there a two week deadline or is the deadline August? That final email confused me
My email had a large bolded section specifically addressing submission deadlines. Here it is verbatim:
SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
For “regular M.D.” applicants the deadline for submitting the secondary application is one month from the date on which you received this invitation (e.g. if you receive the email on August 8, your deadline is September 8)
For applicants to the MD/PhD program, the deadline is two week from the date on which you received this invitation (e.g. if you receive the email on August 8, your deadline is August 22)
Note that these deadlines do not apply to submission of your letters of recommendation. The deadline only applies to things for which you are directly responsible – your secondary application and the secondary application fee payment.
Yes but after that I received an email saying the following:
“We are writing to address a common question that is asked in regard to the deadline to submit your secondary applications.
We realize there has been some confusion, as there is conflicting information given on whether the deadline is two weeks or one month.
You will have one month to submit your secondary application.”
Ah, I never got that email. Good to know! But I'm personally not waiting that long to submit either way.
I think what I'm going to do is generally describe my mission/goals at UCSD in my autobiography (and how my life lead me to them) and in my why UCSD essay go into specifics about its programs that I intend to be involved inFor you OOS MSTP folks out there-
How are you addressing Why UCSD in your autobiography and OOS additional essay? Just repeating the same stuff or more focusing on the MD-side in the OOS additional?
For you OOS MSTP folks out there-
How are you addressing Why UCSD in your autobiography and OOS additional essay? Just repeating the same stuff or more focusing on the MD-side in the OOS additional?
I focused more on the MD side and why I want to train in San Diego and at UCSD in the OOS additional. In the autobiography, I focused more on Why UCSD MSTP.
Quick question-- are OOS applicants more competitive for UCSD if they are applying to one of the additional pathways/dual degree programs? I am a research-oriented applicant but unsure if applying to the MAS in clinical research combined program makes me a more attractive applicant or if it actually just places me into a more competitive pool...alternatively could it be questionable that I am writing my essays about research interests without applying to the MAS in clinical research?
But definitely don't apply for a program because you're trying to game the system.
I definitely agree with this sentiment, but I’m mostly looking at it from the opposite perspective.
I think I’d be a solid fit for the program, but if applying to it means I’m placed into a separate and/or more competitive applicant pool, than I’d rather not risk it given the low odds for OOS applicants to begin with...
I will!Anyone still want to trade?
Did anyone add another most meaningful experience?
I just started volunteering with a program that organizes different sports events for youth with disabilities. I know it will definitely become one of my most meaningful but I've only done one event so far (its not on my primary)... Should I add it?
Did anyone add another most meaningful experience?
I just started volunteering with a program that organizes different sports events for youth with disabilities. I know it will definitely become one of my most meaningful but I've only done one event so far (its not on my primary)... Should I add it?
I mean I *think* it would have been one of my most meaningful if I started doing it earlier and I'm assuming they're not expecting you to have that many hours since its a new experienceThat's like saying you're going to marry a girl you've dated for the first time.
That helps, thank you!I did! I did not get a chance to talk about my new scribing job that I acquired in May due to the fact that I did not have many hours/much to talk about it. But, now that I have been scribing for 2+ months, I believe I can confidently talk abut my experiences during the interview (if i get one??? i hope. help.)
I would add it if you believe you can confidently talk about it during your interview 🙂
How long have you been verified?Anyone IS not get a secondary yet? I'm IS LizzyM > 75.
Anyone have an issue paying the application fee? Paid on 7/19, even got a confirmation of payment email from UCSD and it shows on my credit statement, but it still says missing payment on the portal.
YesDoes SD have secondary fee waiver for FAP recipients?
Would anyone be willing to exchange/ read my autobiography? 🙂
They send out secondaries on Wednesdays. Hope that helps!Anyone IS not get a secondary yet? I'm IS LizzyM > 75.
How does one apply to UCSD's PRIME-HEQ program? I'm not seeing an option for it on AMCAS.
Not necessarily! I received it todayThey send out secondaries on Wednesdays. Hope that helps!
Yes they pre-screenDoes UCSD pre-screen before sending the secondary application? Or do everyone mostly get one anyways?
I believe all SoCal schools have big Spanish speaking patient populations. ie UCLA and USCDoes UCSD have a high spanish patient population considering they're so close to Mexico?
I believe all SoCal schools have big Spanish speaking patient populations. ie UCLA and USC
That would be a safe assumption.Underserved patients?
Sorry to sound clueless...but I'm new to the jargon. What is "IA"?have an IA, but received a secondary yesterday !!!! yeeeeet
In this context, Institutional Action. You might also see in some user signatures on here "IA" listed next to "II" which would then stand for Interviews Attended and Interview Invite(s), respectively.Sorry to sound clueless...but I'm new to the jargon. What is "IA"?
Woah we have the same GPA and MCAT. Also, OOS, verified 7/11, secondary received 7/11, secondary submitted 7/24.secondary received!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.