inode

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Hi everyone! You all stay safe and take care of yourself and others amid this COVID-19 pandemic! Was hoping to meet some of you before the summer / the upcoming academic year, but looks like that won't be happening anytime soon. Please maintain social distancing and good hand-washing practices! Wishing you all well! Message me about anything med school-related (my classmates and I will also continue responding on facebook too).

P.S. Re: need-based aid, unfortunately, I don't have any information about aid. :/

inode

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Are the deans still present on campus, or is everyone working remotely now?
I can't speak for the deans, but all faculty are supposed to work remotely unless there's an urgent, essential matter that they need to attend to on-campus.

Basically, everyone is (or should be) working remotely as of now.

Reactions: hopefulpremed2020
About the Ads

alwayseating

Non-trad w 1000s of hours of healthcare exp!
Jul 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Tonight, the governor of California issued a “Stay at Home” executive order effective immediately for the entire state of California. This goes for all non-essential businesses. This happened around 7 or 8 pm PST, right after the LA mayor issued a “Safer at Home” order. These are executive orders rather than recommendations so everyone except those who are healthcare providers or work in transportation, gas stations, grocery stores, banks should be working from home.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Got the A this week!!! Literally so surprised given everything else going on right now. Interviewed in December and my portal didn't update until after I got the email from admissions. Anyone else who hasn't yet heard either way--there may still be hope!
Holy G U A C A M O L E!! Congratuheckinglations! :bow:

Were you ever waitlisted? Or straight up zero words from UCLA since you interviewed?

Jul 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Got the A this week!!! Literally so surprised given everything else going on right now. Interviewed in December and my portal didn't update until after I got the email from admissions. Anyone else who hasn't yet heard either way--there may still be hope!
I also got the A late last week! Was so surprised to hear back but I’m so excited. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: docb2 and Nrzajn
Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
hi - hope everyone's doing well! Does anyone know when our financial aid packages get finalized (for UCLA and other schools)? I received a provisional award letter for UCLA but no updates since. It's going to be a big factor in my decision on where to matriculate so I was wondering if we'd receive a final package prior to 4/30. thanks!

Jun 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi friends,

Louie here from the StART team. I just want to let you know that we are actively communicating with the admission office trying to sort this out as soon as possible! At this moment, we have not received any updates from the admission office to officially canceled the second look nor a plan to make the event online or postpone. Once we have any information, we will be making an official post in the Class of 2024 Facebook Page. An email from the Admission Office will also be sent to all accepted students.
Hi Louie, would you mind sending me a private message. I have a question if you don't mind

About the Ads