premed20172017

2+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2018
Same, I think they are holding on to us as back-ups, in other words we are the waitlist to the waitlist lol.

They probably thought we were good enough to be students, but we didn't catch their eye (or they did some statistical wizardry and though the chance of us attending was too low or something) so now we are in purgatory XD
So you're saying there's a chance...I'll take it.

Ogichi

Already experiencing Imposter Syndrome
Jul 2, 2019
Watch the ringer, Dr. Arias is out here handing out scholarships. Just got the call for a half tuition!

About the Ads

kellyk12

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
are people filling out the roommate interest form only if they are 100% they're going to keck ? Or is anyone filling it out just because they are most likely going?

Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
are people filling out the roommate interest form only if they are 100% they're going to keck ? Or is anyone filling it out just because they are most likely going?
I'm filling it out because I'm pretty sure but not 100%

The-Medical-Mamba

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I wonder if USC did away with the full schollys to give more people half schollys and subsequently increase yield that way

About the Ads

A-Fib

The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades...
Bronze Donor
Jan 14, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Bye bye.

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
i think they interview until the end of Feb

Reactions: PapayaJambalaya
About the Ads

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Yep, same

• Sad
Reactions: PapayaJambalaya

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I don’t understand the separation in hours. In 6+ months, the difference was hours on a mailing list email?

Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got the pre ii R as well. For those wondering about staggering emails- apparently if you send to too many people at once the likelihood of the email being flagged as spam so they probably did it in batches oof

About the Ads

tommymomo24

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2015
Can someone who is a current student or who interviewed (and got a good feel for the curriculum) comment on what percent of time is spent doing PBL versus sitting in traditional lectures?

I found a few comments from 2016-2018 and about the dental school but I’m wondering if the ratio has changed and/or if lectures have been nixed entirely

I want 100% (or close to) PBL. No traditional lectures (not even recorded)

I was rejected today but am preparing to reapply. Don’t know if USC should stay on my list

Jul 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Nah, I thought it was going to be today, but seeing people get calls yesterday got me really nervous. I interviewed a few weeks ago...
yeah thought that was for scholarships only but then i got nothing today and got pretty worried haha. i guess time will tell

Apr 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was rejected today but am preparing to reapply. Don’t know if USC should stay on my list
Idk about all the other stuff, but I would say to be cognizant of being a reapplicant to USC. One of the earlier R waves was almost straight reapplicants. (Check this thread around August 14th) I am not sure if that trend continued, but USC does not seem to look favorably on reapplicants.

tommymomo24

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2015
Idk about all the other stuff, but I would say to be cognizant of being a reapplicant to USC. One of the earlier R waves was almost straight reapplicants. (Check this thread around August 14th) I am not sure if that trend continued, but USC does not seem to look favorably on reapplicants.
Ah ok thank you. Were you accepted? If so, what do you know about the curriculum?

Apr 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Ah ok thank you. Were you accepted? If so, what do you know about the curriculum?
Barking up the wrong tree, buddy. My interview was months ago and I remember little from it. I would recommend just looking it up on their website or messaging a current student :shrug:

Jul 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Can someone who is a current student or who interviewed (and got a good feel for the curriculum) comment on what percent of time is spent doing PBL versus sitting in traditional lectures?

I found a few comments from 2016-2018 and about the dental school but I’m wondering if the ratio has changed and/or if lectures have been nixed entirely

I want 100% (or close to) PBL. No traditional lectures (not even recorded)

I interviewed a few months ago and from what I can remember this is a heavily lecture-based school. The students I interviewed/toured with basically never went to class and just watched recorded lectures. All their tests are exactly taught to STEP. Feel free to correct me anyone who is a student or remembers differently, but I don't really remember PBL being a part of their curriculum pitch (seems like most schools are trying to include this nowadays).

Jan 29, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone get a phone call yesterday post ii?
So I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Got a phone call from the LA number yesterday around 1:30 pm west coast. I answered and heard "hello" and I said hello and then the call ended after 9 seconds before I heard anything else. Tried to call back and couldn't get through. What does this mean

Jan 29, 2020
So I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Got a phone call from the LA number yesterday around 1:30 pm west coast. I answered and heard "hello" and I said hello and then the call ended after 9 seconds before I heard anything else. Tried to call back and couldn't get through. What does this mean
I have no idea. I was initially just wondering if anyone got accepted yesterday

Oct 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Are there separate "second look" events? I see people being invited for a morning "Accepted Students Day" event vs. "Accepted Students" dinner on that same evening!

About the Ads