2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+4 Crying I can come back home to California

+5 Can't say I am not excited! Though, after that earlier fiasco, I want to check with the others. Did she say something along the lines of "still looking for money" to you guys too?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if USC did away with the full schollys to give more people half schollys and subsequently increase yield that way

Members don't see this ad :)
Reeeejjeeeccttteedddddddddddddd finally

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
My Cali dreams have officially ended! R a few minutes ago. Congrats to all the peeps getting scholarships and good luck to everyone still in the running :)

• Sad
i think they interview until the end of Feb

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg finally I am free. Goodbye brethren! :horns:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I don’t understand the separation in hours. In 6+ months, the difference was hours on a mailing list email?

Just got the pre ii R as well. For those wondering about staggering emails- apparently if you send to too many people at once the likelihood of the email being flagged as spam so they probably did it in batches oof

• Sad
has anyone gotten a post interview decision today?
Nah, I thought it was going to be today, but seeing people get calls yesterday got me really nervous. I interviewed a few weeks ago...

Can someone who is a current student or who interviewed (and got a good feel for the curriculum) comment on what percent of time is spent doing PBL versus sitting in traditional lectures?

I found a few comments from 2016-2018 and about the dental school but I’m wondering if the ratio has changed and/or if lectures have been nixed entirely

I want 100% (or close to) PBL. No traditional lectures (not even recorded)

I was rejected today but am preparing to reapply. Don’t know if USC should stay on my list

Nah, I thought it was going to be today, but seeing people get calls yesterday got me really nervous. I interviewed a few weeks ago...
yeah thought that was for scholarships only but then i got nothing today and got pretty worried haha. i guess time will tell

I was rejected today but am preparing to reapply. Don’t know if USC should stay on my list

Idk about all the other stuff, but I would say to be cognizant of being a reapplicant to USC. One of the earlier R waves was almost straight reapplicants. (Check this thread around August 14th) I am not sure if that trend continued, but USC does not seem to look favorably on reapplicants.

Idk about all the other stuff, but I would say to be cognizant of being a reapplicant to USC. One of the earlier R waves was almost straight reapplicants. (Check this thread around August 14th) I am not sure if that trend continued, but USC does not seem to look favorably on reapplicants.

Ah ok thank you. Were you accepted? If so, what do you know about the curriculum?

Ah ok thank you. Were you accepted? If so, what do you know about the curriculum?

Barking up the wrong tree, buddy. My interview was months ago and I remember little from it. I would recommend just looking it up on their website or messaging a current student :shrug:

Can someone who is a current student or who interviewed (and got a good feel for the curriculum) comment on what percent of time is spent doing PBL versus sitting in traditional lectures?

I found a few comments from 2016-2018 and about the dental school but I’m wondering if the ratio has changed and/or if lectures have been nixed entirely

I want 100% (or close to) PBL. No traditional lectures (not even recorded)

I interviewed a few months ago and from what I can remember this is a heavily lecture-based school. The students I interviewed/toured with basically never went to class and just watched recorded lectures. All their tests are exactly taught to STEP. Feel free to correct me anyone who is a student or remembers differently, but I don't really remember PBL being a part of their curriculum pitch (seems like most schools are trying to include this nowadays).

Anyone get a phone call yesterday post ii?
So I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Got a phone call from the LA number yesterday around 1:30 pm west coast. I answered and heard "hello" and I said hello and then the call ended after 9 seconds before I heard anything else. Tried to call back and couldn't get through. What does this mean

So I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Got a phone call from the LA number yesterday around 1:30 pm west coast. I answered and heard "hello" and I said hello and then the call ended after 9 seconds before I heard anything else. Tried to call back and couldn't get through. What does this mean

I have no idea. I was initially just wondering if anyone got accepted yesterday

Is an early feb interview essentially an interview for the waitlist?

anyone else still radio silence pre-II? are they sending out more IIs?

Reactions: 6 users
Are there separate "second look" events? I see people being invited for a morning "Accepted Students Day" event vs. "Accepted Students" dinner on that same evening!

When everybody be talking about schollys, when I'd be a solid student and wouldn't ask for anything but an A lol

Are there separate "second look" events? I see people being invited for a morning "Accepted Students Day" event vs. "Accepted Students" dinner on that same evening!
All I got was some student social on April 3

Hi! Does anyone have any specific interview advice?/Anthing cool to do on interview day?

I received invitations to an accepted students dinner on April 2nd, “A Day in the Life of a Keck Student” presentation during the day on April 3rd, and the student social during the evening on April 3rd.

I received invitations to an accepted students dinner on April 2nd, “A Day in the Life of a Keck Student” presentation during the day on April 3rd, and the student social during the evening on April 3rd.
Uhhhh... I definitely didn’t get the students dinner or a day in the life of keck thing ... :(

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Is today decision day? Or is it next Tues?