2019-2020 UT Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they wait for CASPer and recommendations before inviting for an interview?

Everyone, here is an application timeline for UTMB. As you can see, they BEGIN reviewing applications in July and begin interviewing in August.
Application Timeline

If your application is incomplete you will get an email at some point but not yet.

It is early. Congratulate yourself for getting things done. Spend some time reading the sites of each school and doing your regular work.

Reactions: 1 users
UTMB now sits in a multiple-way tie for the 2nd highest median GPA in the nation (with JH and NYU tied for 1st). I only mention it for those who wish to strategically target their application/interview resources.

UTMB now sits in a multiple-way tie for the 2nd highest median GPA in the nation (with JH and NYU tied for 1st). I only mention it for those who wish to strategically target their application/interview resources.
Are they eliminating candidates with lower GPAs from interviews?

Well guess my 3.8 is low for utmb lol

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know the median mcat?

Just received email confirmation that my application is under review.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received email confirmation that my application is under review.
Will they let us know if they've received our CASPer scores? I took mine May 14th and it says the results have been delivered.

Will they let us know if they've received our CASPer scores? I took mine May 14th and it says the results have been delivered.
I don't think so, the email I got has a generic "don't forget to take CASPer" message even though my results were delivered a while ago.

Dang, I submitted 5/19. IS with 76 LM. I guess I got passed up?

Everyone getting IIs have all of their LOR in?

Just got an II as well (Transmitted 5/29/2019).
Have not submitted LOR yet, but am a reapplicant (no II here last year, but applied MD/PhD. Am MD only applicant this time).
LizzyM 71.

Last edited:
Oh just checked and got an II cool lol

Reactions: 3 users
So are they sending them out in waves? I am getting more and more desperate lol
Just breathe brother. This is still super early. We're all going to make it.

Did everyone receiving IIs today previously receive an email from Medical Branch confirming their application was under review? Transmitted 6/19 but have not gotten confirmation yet

Are the IIs coming out at once or are they sending them in bunches?

Did everyone receiving IIs today previously receive an email from Medical Branch confirming their application was under review? Transmitted 6/19 but have not gotten confirmation yet

Yes, I got one about two weeks ago. Transmitted 05/23

Yes, I transmitted late May, got an email that I was under review 12 days ago and got the II today

Reactions: 1 users
Has everyone receiving II have their CASPer scores submitted to schools already?

Just emailed them; CASPer scores need to be in before getting an interview invitation.

Just emailed them; CASPer scores need to be in before getting an interview invitation.
According to my CASPer account it's been sent, but were we supposed to receive an email from them indicating they've received our scores? I have confirmation from other schools that my CASPer was received by them as well.