2019-2020 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get an insanely high WL position? I don’t know why they didn’t just reject me..?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Plea to the MSTP applicants with March interviews: if you have an acceptance you're sure you prefer, please drop the interview so those on hold can have a chance to interview! Lots of love.

Anyone accepted this week having issues choosing UW on amcas choose your medical school tool?

Does the Seattle cohort have a FB page?

Does anyone know if there is an Alaska cohort facebook page or group yet?

Congratulations to all those recently accepted. Take a breath and relax for a moment now; the hard part is over!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received information to set up my NetID! I interviewed in Spokane and was expecting my foundations phase to be in Spokane, but I did indicate that I would be willing to attend either campus (Spokane or Seattle). My most recent email from the registrar, though, indicated that my campus was Seattle. Does anyone know if this is just the default for all WA students? Or have I actually been placed in the Seattle cohort? Does anyone know when we find out our definitive campus if we indicated no preference?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received information to set up my NetID! I interviewed in Spokane and was expecting my foundations phase to be in Spokane, but I did indicate that I would be willing to attend either campus (Spokane or Seattle). My most recent email from the registrar, though, indicated that my campus was Seattle. Does anyone know if this is just the default for all WA students? Or have I actually been placed in the Seattle cohort? Does anyone know when we find out our definitive campus if we indicated no preference?
It should be the same for all Washington students

If there is anything that makes you think you might have been put in the Seattle cohort then I'd contact them right away to see which cohort you were placed in. If you interviewed in Spokane then Spokane would most likely be your main campus, but it's not unheard of for Seattle to grab someone they liked from the Spokane cohort.

If there is anything that makes you think you might have been put in the Seattle cohort then I'd contact them right away to see which cohort you were placed in. If you interviewed in Spokane then Spokane would most likely be your main campus, but it's not unheard of for Seattle to grab someone they liked from the Spokane cohort.
Isn’t that only for waitlisted students?

Any guesses on when the waitlist movement will start?

I wonder if waitlist movement this year will be smaller cause of the panic of step 1 being pass or fail... but then the opposite trend might hold true too if most of those that got accepted also got accepted somewhere higher ranked...

AK cohort here, but in the same situation. Based off prior years' threads, there's a little movement in the beginning of April, usually around the time of Second Look. On last year's thread, the second to last week of April (around April 20th-27th) saw a lot of movement. The year before that, the WL movement happened close to April 30th.

Received Seattle site confirmation email today!

My fellow second look people... anyone bringing a guest/SO? I'd like my husband to attend with me (my 1 allowed guest) but they say that most students choose to attend alone to mingle with fellow class mates

My fellow second look people... anyone bringing a guest/SO? I'd like my husband to attend with me (my 1 allowed guest) but they say that most students choose to attend alone to mingle with fellow class mates

if you are on the fence and you want his opinion on selecting a school I say definitely go for it. I personally would be happy to mingle with a future classmate and their partner! My partner won’t be coming but I’m pretty set on UW so I dont have a big decision to make and am just going to meet future classmates

Received Seattle site confirmation email today!
Same here! How soon did you get the email after you "accepted" their offer? Mine was literally within the hour which I found to be very strange. I wonder if the preference statement even mattered.

I really hope second look doesn’t get cancelled over Covid 19 :/

Edit: was just cancelled :( Looks like they’re going to do some online events though.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Any accepted TRUST students hear anything back regarding the program or received the email to set up NetID and email yet? Still waiting.

I'm an accepted Idaho applicant and I am withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, is there anyone on here from the Spokane TRUST cohort who'd want to chat? I'd love to start getting to know my potential classmates a bit. I am still trying to decide between UW and one other school, and talking to some future classmates might really help.

Last edited:
Hey, is there anyone on here from the Spokane TRUST cohort who'd want to chat? I'd love to start getting to know my potential classmates a bit. I am still trying to decide between UW and one other school, and talking to some future classmates might really help.
Might be easier if you posted this on the class Facebook page: I can invite you if you haven’t already joined

Are you by chance choosing between WSU and UW because if so I'd love to be privy to your thoughts because I am in the same boat

Might be easier if you posted this on the class Facebook page: I can invite you if you haven’t already joined
Haha that would be rad. I deactivated my Facebook during the Admissions’s cycle (cause idk what wild stuff I posted in 2010). Let me get on and see if I can find it, or if not I’ll message you with my name.

Reposting for visibility but can anyone comment on how to find housing in Seattle? I’m OOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reposting for visibility but can anyone comment on how to find housing in Seattle? I’m OOS

feel free to PM me, been living in Seattle past 6 years and can give recommendations on best neighborhoods to live

What's it like living in Capitol Hill? How much could I get a studio for with a spot I can park my car there? Or would I save a lot more with a roommate in a 2bed :oops:

Are the only financial documents we need to provide our FAFSA? Anything else?

What's it like living in Capitol Hill? How much could I get a studio for with a spot I can park my car there? Or would I save a lot more with a roommate in a 2bed :oops:

I've lived in the heart of Capitol Hill for almost 5 years and love it. You have easy access to anything you'd need or want, and absolutely do not need a car for local travel. There are multiple restaurants on every block, 4 grocery stores within 5 blocks of my apartment, bars everywhere, 6-7 ice cream shops, light rail station around the corner, multiple parks, bus routes to almost anywhere in the city, etc. You can live on the north side of Capitol Hill (north of John) if you are looking for a more residential feel, but with the convenience of living on the hill. It will definitely be more busy and a little louder if you chose to live in the Pike/Pine corridor.

TBH, you will definitely save a LOT of money by finding a roommate and/or living in a different neighborhood. Capitol Hill is one of, if not, the most expensive neighborhood in the greater Seattle area, and for good reason. I am speaking for newish buildings, but a microstudio in the heart of Capitol Hill (~200-350 sq ft) will cost you anywhere from $1200-$1700. Any other studio (~400-500 square feet), depending on location and age of the building, will cost between $1400-$2200+. An open one bedroom (~450-600 square feet) goes for around $1800-$2800+ and a classic one bedroom (~600-800 sq ft) will cost $2400-$3200+. You can expect to pay an additional $200-$400 per month for parking in these buildings. Slightly older apartments will be cheaper, but probably not by more than 10-20% less than their newer counterpart. You might also look around First Hill/south of Madison or Central District/east of ~15th for cheaper rent that is still very much walkable. Feel free to PM if you have more specific questions about the hill.

Last edited:

You can PM me too, have lived here for 6 years.

Sure! Feel free to message me! (I am the tall red head if you remember me)

Has anyone else been accepted but not received the information for their student ID number yet?

Does the Seattle cohort have a FB page?
Yes! Look up: Official UWSOM E-2020 Seattle Cohort

Attachments

• UW cherry blossoms.jpg
    UW cherry blossoms.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I've lived in the heart of Capitol Hill for almost 5 years and love it. You have easy access to anything you'd need or want, and absolutely do not need a car for local travel. There are multiple restaurants on every block, 4 grocery stores within 5 blocks of my apartment, bars everywhere, 6-7 ice cream shops, light rail station around the corner, multiple parks, bus routes to almost anywhere in the city, etc. You can live on the north side of Capitol Hill (north of John) if you are looking for a more residential feel, but with the convenience of living on the hill. It will definitely be more busy and a little louder if you chose to live in the Pike/Pine corridor.

TBH, you will definitely save a LOT of money by finding a roommate and/or living in a different neighborhood. Capitol Hill is one of, if not, the most expensive neighborhood in the greater Seattle area, and for good reason. I am speaking for newish buildings, but a microstudio in the heart of Capitol Hill (~200-350 sq ft) will cost you anywhere from $1200-$1700. Any other studio (~400-500 square feet), depending on location and age of the building, will cost between $1400-$2200+. An open one bedroom (~450-600 square feet) goes for around $1800-$2800+ and a classic one bedroom (~600-800 sq ft) will cost $2400-$3200+. You can expect to pay an additional $200-$400 per month for parking in these buildings. Slightly older apartments will be cheaper, but probably not by more than 10-20% less than their newer counterpart. You might also look around First Hill/south of Madison or Central District/east of ~15th for cheaper rent that is still very much walkable. Feel free to PM if you have more specific questions about the hill.

I have rooms for rent in my home! I was just accepted this fall. Would love to have fellow students here!

Has there been any movement on the waitlists so far? I know the AK waitlist hasn’t moved yet...it’s probably a little early for movement at this point, but just curious about the other states.

Withdrew my OOR/Seattle spot + a tuition waiver, good luck folks on the WL :)

Has there been any movement on the waitlists so far? I know the AK waitlist hasn’t moved yet...it’s probably a little early for movement at this point, but just curious about the other states.

No movement in Washington. Our portal says movement tends to happen around end of April, but who knows what it will be like this year. I doubt timing will change, but wouldn’t be surprised if things take longer at the same time.