2019-2020 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This COVID-19 pandemic is nuts tho so I am sure the adcom is busy with that.

Members don't see this ad.

I am once again saying
Good morning, hope everyone hears good news today (or any news)!

Reactions: 5 users
Just saw a post on the FB page. Official decisions WILL be coming today. Good luck everyone!

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw a post on the FB page. Official decisions WILL be coming today. Good luck everyone!
Was it his post about all the acceptances having been given out already and the remainder of the rejections and waitlists to follow? Or was it the one with all three left to be given out? Sorry there were two different posts last year.

Was it his post about all the acceptances having been given out already and the remainder of the rejections and waitlists to follow? Or was it the one with all three left to be given out? Sorry there were two different posts last year.

Good morning everyone,

We are going to send out final notifications today regarding acceptance, alternate list, or not accepted. We had over 3,500 applications this year. We had an extremely talented and gifted group of individuals apply this year. I am continually impressed by the different activities and how so many of you are working and making the world a better place.

These past few weeks (and today) has been extremely difficult for everyone. Our country and the world are experiencing a pandemic and I know many of you are worried, anxious, and frustrated. Our lives have been disrupted in countless ways and I have felt a range of emotions over the past few weeks as medical schools grapple with these incredibly trying times.

We do not mean to add to those negative feelings if you also have received bad news during this admissions cycle (including today). I know that there are so many of you who will become excellent physicians despite learning you were not accepted. We have far too many qualified applicants than we do available positions.

I appreciate you listening and I encourage you to not give up on your dreams (or the precious future that we hope and strive for).

Regards,
Dr. Chan

Reactions: 1 users
No matter what we hear today I wanted to thank you all for sharing feedback here and being willing to engage in discussion together. You are all exceptional and I hope I can meet at least some of you in the future.

Reactions: 7 users
No matter what we hear today I wanted to thank you all for sharing feedback here and being willing to engage in discussion together. You are all exceptional and I hope I can meet at least some of you in the future.
Ditto. I feel like most times in life, suffering with people causes a degree of kinship and this has certainly applied here for me. Thank you all for the support and encouragement, the laughs and the validation (including when I receive the rejection in 3 hours! Haha I’ll need some light-hearted humor to not take it so seriously, and I know y’all will deliver hahaha).
But really, @Doctor13J put it so well: I hope our paths cross in residency or in our future fields. Y’all are incredible.

Reactions: 5 users
So is it just a coincidence that it’s Friday the 13th or what?:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Ditto. I feel like most times in life, suffering with people causes a degree of kinship and this has certainly applied here for me. Thank you all for the support and encouragement, the laughs and the validation (including when I receive the rejection in 3 hours! Haha I’ll need some light-hearted humor to not take it so seriously, and I know y’all will deliver hahaha).
But really, @Doctor13J put it so well: I hope our paths cross in residency or in our future fields. Y’all are incredible.
I second this! I am very comforted to know that you all are the physicians of the future :)

We got this. You ever stop and think how nuts it is that medical school is so friggin competitive while the country is undergoing a physician shortage

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! This is my first post, but I’ve been following along. Got the call at 10 this morning! Idaho applicant interviewed 1/24. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 9 users
alternate list, idaho :/ just got the email

A lot of people get off of the alternate list here, don’t give up!

Is the subject of the alternate list email just “application status,” the same as the rejection email?

Any MSTP applicants on here? Just got the waitlist/alternate email for MD/PhD position - IS.

Question: is the wait list for any opening or just for openings in your group? (OOS graduating from Utah University or an Idaho applicant)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Question: is the wait list for any opening or just for openings in your group? (OOS graduating from Utah University or an Idaho applicant)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I am almost positive just for your group.

Reactions: 2 users
Do the waitlist/ rejection emails come out by category? OOS, IS, etc... or do you think it’s one mass email for rejections, one mass email for alternate list? I haven’t received an email but I also don’t have a phone call and I’m OOS so I’m not confident

Do the waitlist/ rejection emails come out by category? OOS, IS, etc... or do you think it’s one mass email for rejections, one mass email for alternate list? I haven’t received an email but I also don’t have a phone call and I’m OOS so I’m not confident

+1

Ditto.

Subject is “application status”

Feels a hell of a lot better than a rejection!
Nice!! I’m happy for you! Cool to see that a little perspective (being rejected last year) goes a long way! Let that be an example for everyone else who is waitlisted! It’s not the worst—@Docter13J and I know from our experience last year!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Also OOS (with ties) and still waiting. Hang in there

Nice!! I’m happy for you! Cool to see that a little perspective (being rejected last year) goes a long way! Let that be an example for everyone else who is waitlisted! It’s not the worst—@Docter13J and I know from our experience last year!

Thank you. Hoping good news for you soon!

Its been a wild ride for me. For a little more perspective I was placed on the WWAMI alternate list last year and was outright rejected by them this year. This process is so crazy and varies year to year, School to school, and Adcom to Adcom. Hang in there everybody. If you get rejected let it motivate you, not break you down.

Here’s to hanging out on SDN over the coming weeks/months to watch waitlist progress, lol!

Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t heard a dicky bird. Just reject me and get it over with

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
Thank you. Hoping good news for you soon!

Its been a wild ride for me. For a little more perspective I was placed on the WWAMI alternate list last year and was outright rejected by them this year. This process is so crazy and varies year to year, School to school, and Adcom to Adcom. Hang in there everybody. If you get rejected let it motivate you, not break you down.

Here’s to hanging out on SDN over the coming weeks/months to watch waitlist progress, lol!
Still waiting on the decision but I am thoroughly motivated to get into a school next year. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is cost lol but we got this.

also got the call this morning! OOS. best of luck to those still waiting!!

Reactions: 10 users
Have any in-staters received a call yesterday or today? It seems like their only doing OOS calls. I know there was an IS call a couple of days ago. Perhaps they’ve finished their IS acceptances?

Just got the call from Dr Chan!!!! In state, interviewed way back in October!! Good luck everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got the call from Dr Chan!!!! In state, interviewed way back in October!! Good luck everyone :)
First post btw. Been following this thread and think information sharing is helpful during this stressful time. Good luck guys!

My boyfriend has my phone on vibrate in his pocket b/c I cannot handle this waiting purgatory :rofl:

• Haha