2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any info regarding what interview day is like? Is it just the MMI/teamwork assessment or are there longer one-on-one interviews too? Trying to get a better idea of what to expect...

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any info regarding what interview day is like? Is it just the MMI/teamwork assessment or are there longer one-on-one interviews too? Trying to get a better idea of what to expect...
No solo interviews at any point aside from the MMI stations. The teamwork exercise is very relaxed and supposed to be fun. I imagine they use it mostly to spot red flags personality-wise. The MMI wasn't too bad at all. I'm sure it helps to have a bit of preparation, but being relaxed and mentally flexible is all you need.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for all the pre-II R’s :(

Just withdrew my A here, so hoping it goes to one of you WL folk!

Reactions: 5 users
No solo interviews at any point aside from the MMI stations. The teamwork exercise is very relaxed and supposed to be fun. I imagine they use it mostly to spot red flags personality-wise. The MMI wasn't too bad at all. I'm sure it helps to have a bit of preparation, but being relaxed and mentally flexible is all you need.
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current students that can comment on how much time students spend in the classroom with the flipper classroom curriculum? Also, how much time you spending preparing for the flipped classroom. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
bump

Anyone worried about the winter storm? Interviewing 2/7 but looks like it’s not at all safe for driving.

I know people who interviewed in late Nov/Dec still haven’t heard back, but does anyone know when Jan 8 interviewees should hear? I don’t remember them saying anything on the interview day.

I know people who interviewed in late Nov/Dec still haven’t heard back, but does anyone know when Jan 8 interviewees should hear? I don’t remember them saying anything on the interview day.
I interviewed the 17th and they said they probably wouldn’t even start looking at our files until the end of February, and we might not even hear until the end of March.

I interviewed the 17th and they said they probably wouldn’t even start looking at our files until the end of February, and we might not even hear until the end of March.
Did they also mention how they are going about the waitlists?

Interesting. I havent gotten an R and was complete mid September. Wonder if im reading too much into it.
I'm with you. I've been complete since July and haven't heard anything either

Complete since July and silence.

UGH

Thanks. This is gonna be a looong wait. Absolutely loved the school

What is this interview day like?
I felt really relaxed all day! Everyone I met was so kind and helpful. You start with breakfast and some basic presentations about the school. Most of the tables have a medical student that you can ask questions to during breakfast. Then you get split up into groups. Half goes to the teamwork thing and half goes to do the MMIs then you switch. After lunch, there’s presentations on the different campus types and time for you to ask any questions. Then you go to a little mingle session with the current students. The day is over at that point so you can either stay and talk to the students/other applicants or you can leave. I felt so comfortable the entire day! Every single person I talked with whether they were a fellow applicant, current student, admissions person, or faculty made me feel so wanted and confident, and they were some of the kindest people. Truly a great atmosphere at this school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Did they also mention how they are going about the waitlists?
Not too much, though from what I have heard they have 2 waitlists; high priority and normal. Most years they pull all (or almost all) of the high priority list, and occasionally they will pull people from the normal waitlist.

Does anyone have any good conspiracy theories for when the next batch of acceptances will go out?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any good conspiracy theories for when the next batch of acceptances will go out?
lol my running conspiracy theory is rejections and regular waitlists come out tomorrow and HPWL/acceptances friday but i truly never know what i'm talking about

lol my running conspiracy theory is rejections and regular waitlists come out tomorrow and HPWL/acceptances friday but i truly never know what i'm talking about
I agree with this, but think that rejections/reg waitlists will come out on Wednesday because that's what happened last month! Friday seems on point though. Fingers crossed guys

I agree with this, but think that rejections/reg waitlists will come out on Wednesday because that's what happened last month! Friday seems on point though. Fingers crossed guys
Yes it seems like they always send out acceptances early morning Fridays. I got mine around 7 am MST if that helps

Reactions: 4 users
I think this Friday, because they only release decisions once a month and the last round will be four weeks ago this Friday.

I think this Friday, because they only release decisions once a month and the last round will be four weeks ago this Friday.
I wonder if they’ll start taking people off the high priority waitlist. Does anyone know if their last interview day is this week?

I wonder if they’ll start taking people off the high priority waitlist. Does anyone know if their last interview day is this week?
yeah, the last interview date is this Friday, 2/14

the suspense is kiiilling me i really hope we hear something this week

It was actually Jan 14 and Jan 17 which was Tuesday and Friday! I have a feeling we’re not hearing anything this week.

Has anyone heard anything about financial aid or scholarships?

Has anyone heard anything about financial aid or scholarships?

I haven't heard anything about scholarships yet? Has anyone else??

Financial aid isn't going to come out until April probably but a financial aid webinar has been sent out for accepted students.

You're so right, which makes me so sad!
This is the longest its ever taken for a school to get back to me, over three application cycles. This saturday will make 12 weeks. :/

I haven't heard anything about scholarships yet? Has anyone else??

Financial aid isn't going to come out until April probably but a financial aid webinar has been sent out for accepted students.
oh when did you get that? I never received this

I also never got that
So I just called the financial office and got it sent to me. Kari stated that there might be something going on with the communications platform and she included admissions on the email to me to notify them of the problem. Glad to know I wasnt the only one cause I had a minor freak out!