Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
there's still another set Acceptance release date on March 1st. The assoc. dean said that on each of their release dates they except to fill 25% of the class.
lets get this bread

Reactions: avocadogirly1
About the Ads
Aug 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone else get an email saying there was an update on their application, only to find it just said (paraphrasing) "File review complete. If you are getting an interview invite it will say it here"....then nothing

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone get a status email today?

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I did around 6pm, but I can't check it until I get home. What could it be??

Edit: Hold for possible acceptance! This is good news right?!
edit: i see that too

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Has VCU sent out Post-II R?

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Stuoid question but whats vcus first day of class orientation for next year

ppushpak

2+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Not to frame this as bad news but everyone who interviewed gets hold for possible acceptance.

I haven’t heard of a post-II rejection before the last acceptance date (3/1). I think the first time people got rejected was after VCU created the waitlist in about mid March

Ive heard July 27th as the first day of orientation but not confirmed

About the Ads

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
They send out about 25% of the As on each date?

rdyotz

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2017
Arizona
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Did you bomb the interview? I think I tripped myself in couple stations lol Worried asf now
It was my worst interview so far and I was expecting a rejection, but not prior to the 1st. If you haven't heard yet you might be fine(received mine yesterday) ? Not sure if it was just a glitch that sent it out before the expected march 1st date.

Reactions: Talldoctor96

keelhaul

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
It was my worst interview so far and I was expecting a rejection, but not prior to the 1st. If you haven't heard yet you might be fine(received mine yesterday) ? Not sure if it was just a glitch that sent it out before the expected march 1st date.
Nah I'm pretty sure the way it works is that on those four dates including March 1st, they issue acceptances, and not any other decisions. Shortly after your interview they just put people on hold until those acceptance dates, unless you do badly in the interview, in which case yes they can give post-II rejections such as yours. At least, that's how I understood their process to work. Sorry for the bad news friend, but I'm glad you were at least expecting it rather than it being a nasty surprise.

Feb 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Placed on hold for acceptance. This is my first choice school.

Would it be best to wait until the alternative list is formulated to send a letter of intent? Or would it be more wise to send it before decisions are released in February?
I am in the same boat as you. Was wondering what you decided to do, or if anyone else knows how amenable VCU is to letters of intent?

Reactions: awklittlefoot
Dec 17, 2018
I am in the same boat as you. Was wondering what you decided to do, or if anyone else knows how amenable VCU is to letters of intent?
They aren’t. On my interview day I specifically asked Michelle whitehurdt cook. She said she will put a check mark next to your name to show ur interested but beyond that it won’t help.

About the Ads

keelhaul

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
be advised i think they usually release decisions around 6pm but idk
officially yes the portal updates ~6pm but historically speaking, some extra tabs/info in the portal shows up earlier in day for those who are going to be getting an acceptance

Morc

*grin*
Bronze Donor
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
be advised i think they usually release decisions around 6pm but idk
If you get green tabs under your post-interview profile at any point in the day, you’re in. Tabs showed up at 11am for me last October (not today)

They could also show up at any point in the day. You just get the status change at 6pm

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: imbesrs

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
If you get green tabs under your post-interview profile at any point in the day, you’re in. Tabs showed up at 11am for me last October (not today)
Oh that sucks for me i didn't get tabs

keelhaul

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh that sucks for me i didn't get tabs
Well it hasn't necessarily happened yet-- it seems like some days they've appeared in the morning, sometimes it's been late afternoon. A couple people have reported not getting tabs at the same time as everyone else on sdn. It's all a bit of a mystery honestly lmao

Reactions: Medsthetic

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't worry yet, tabs didn't show up until around 3:45ish in February. There also aren't a bunch of people here saying Tabs yet so they probably haven't released them.
I'm gonna be on mobile (no portal access) till like 6 so if people start yelling tabs I'm gonna be in a cold sweat

keelhaul

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm gonna be on mobile (no portal access) till like 6 so if people start yelling tabs I'm gonna be in a cold sweat
you can still log in on mobile! You just have to "request desktop site." If you have an iphone, you do it by holding down the refresh button in safari and then the option will pop up. It's kinda finicky (you may have to log back in after you request it) but it works. Or you can spare yourself the anxiety and not check til 6pm lol

Reactions: tinfoilforests
About the Ads

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
No tabs here, oos

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
only 2 SDNers today?

Jan 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Got an update via email to check portal. Nothing on my portal besides: "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile."

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Got an update via email to check portal. Nothing on my portal besides: "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile."
When did you interview

Jul 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
got a kind of last minute II for the last interview date on 2/26. Got the status update that im on hold for a later acceptance date, which, I guess I’m glad I didn’t completely bomb the interview lol. Onwards to 3/15

Mar 2, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
so I got the "on hold for possible acceptance at a later date" message... but like then it says the acceptance days are oct 16th, dec 16th, feb 1st, and march 1st. so like does that just mean im probably gonna be on the waitlist since acceptance were sent out today?? has anyone ever gotten an acceptance not one of those days??
also can we just send updates to Dr. Whitehurst-Cook directly?

Mar 2, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
got a kind of last minute II for the last interview date on 2/26. Got the status update that im on hold for a later acceptance date, which, I guess I’m glad I didn’t completely bomb the interview lol. Onwards to 3/15
also trying to figure out what this means lol

Oct 16, 2019
so I got the "on hold for possible acceptance at a later date" message... but like then it says the acceptance days are oct 16th, dec 16th, feb 1st, and march 1st. so like does that just mean im probably gonna be on the waitlist since acceptance were sent out today?? has anyone ever gotten an acceptance not one of those days??
also can we just send updates to Dr. Whitehurst-Cook directly?
This does look like the wait list notification. They do have a fair number of people who come off the WL- last year's thread. Last year, after April 1st, folks were sent acceptances on random dates.

About the Ads