2019-2020 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh that sucks for me i didn't get tabs
Don't worry yet, tabs didn't show up until around 3:45ish in February. There also aren't a bunch of people here saying Tabs yet so they probably haven't released them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry yet, tabs didn't show up until around 3:45ish in February. There also aren't a bunch of people here saying Tabs yet so they probably haven't released them.
I'm gonna be on mobile (no portal access) till like 6 so if people start yelling tabs I'm gonna be in a cold sweat

I'm gonna be on mobile (no portal access) till like 6 so if people start yelling tabs I'm gonna be in a cold sweat

you can still log in on mobile! You just have to "request desktop site." If you have an iphone, you do it by holding down the refresh button in safari and then the option will pop up. It's kinda finicky (you may have to log back in after you request it) but it works. Or you can spare yourself the anxiety and not check til 6pm lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I have green tabs on my portal (It lists transcripts, VCU information, and Instate tuition eligibility)

Reactions: 5 users
Got an update via email to check portal. Nothing on my portal besides: "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile."

Got an update via email to check portal. Nothing on my portal besides: "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile."
When did you interview

Members don't see this ad :)
got a kind of last minute II for the last interview date on 2/26. Got the status update that im on hold for a later acceptance date, which, I guess I’m glad I didn’t completely bomb the interview lol. Onwards to 3/15

If no portal update or email, at this point is the waitlist a sure thing, or are Rs gonna get thrown out before the waitlist

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
so I got the "on hold for possible acceptance at a later date" message... but like then it says the acceptance days are oct 16th, dec 16th, feb 1st, and march 1st. so like does that just mean im probably gonna be on the waitlist since acceptance were sent out today?? has anyone ever gotten an acceptance not one of those days??
also can we just send updates to Dr. Whitehurst-Cook directly?

got a kind of last minute II for the last interview date on 2/26. Got the status update that im on hold for a later acceptance date, which, I guess I’m glad I didn’t completely bomb the interview lol. Onwards to 3/15
also trying to figure out what this means lol

If acceptances were given out based on how many times someone refreshed the portal today, I would definitely be in.

Reactions: 3 users
so I got the "on hold for possible acceptance at a later date" message... but like then it says the acceptance days are oct 16th, dec 16th, feb 1st, and march 1st. so like does that just mean im probably gonna be on the waitlist since acceptance were sent out today?? has anyone ever gotten an acceptance not one of those days??
also can we just send updates to Dr. Whitehurst-Cook directly?
This does look like the wait list notification. They do have a fair number of people who come off the WL- last year's thread. Last year, after April 1st, folks were sent acceptances on random dates.

They will send out waitlist information in mid-March. Right now, everyone is on hold for acceptance. If you are not offered a spot on the waitlist, then you are rejected.

Dr. Whitehurst-Cook told us that offers go out on Monday and waitlist/rejection notifications will be coming out later in the week during my interview (Late February). They also said that almost half of their class is from the waitlist so there's still a really good shot :)

Reactions: 6 users
So, to answer the questions. At this point everyone on hold for acceptance will be shrunk to the waitlist which last year was 250 people. Let’s say at this point they interviewed about 700-about 200 acceptances-let’s say maybe 50 post II rejections (they don’t seem common) or 100. That’s like a pool of 400 or 450 that needs to be shrunk to about 250. These numbers are just guesses but yes rejections will be given out when the waitlist is made. From there 250 or so are on the waitlists for 80-100 acceptances.

Source: q and a from dean mission last waistlist

So, to answer the questions. At this point everyone on hold for acceptance will be shrunk to the waitlist which last year was 250 people. Let’s say at this point they interviewed about 700-about 200 acceptances-let’s say maybe 50 post II rejections (they don’t seem common) or 100. That’s like a pool of 400 or 450 that needs to be shrunk to about 250. These numbers are just guesses but yes rejections will be given out when the waitlist is made. From there 250 or so are on the waitlists for 80-100 acceptances.

Exactly this.

Thank you.

Dr. Whitehurst-Cook told us that offers go out on Monday and waitlist/rejection notifications will be coming out later in the week during my interview (Late February). They also said that almost half of their class is from the waitlist so there's still a really good shot :)
So we can expect waitlist info tomorrow?? In the past I think it’s been more mid March...

I emailed her. She said that we should get waitlist info later today.

My withdraw tab disappeared. Looks like I’m getting the ax. Welp looks like I won’t be a doctor. Good luck to everyone else

• Sad
My withdraw tab disappeared. Looks like I’m getting the ax. Welp looks like I won’t be a doctor. Good luck to everyone else
For those who don’t know: when the withdraw tab disappears that means you didn’t make the waitlist cut. I guess this really is happening now.

I know this doesn’t need to be said, but I believe you’re going to be an incredible doctor. You got an interview and put on hold for acceptance at an excellent medical school. I believe in you, you should too!!

If we still have withdraw tab is that confirmed waitlist, or still unsure?

P.s. this is my last skool

If we still have withdraw tab is that confirmed waitlist, or still unsure?

P.s. this is my last skool
You’re on the waitlist. If by confirmed you mean you received the official notice: that will be 6:05. But that’s how it works, you’re on the waitlist.

You’re on the waitlist. If by confirmed you mean you received the official notice: that will be 6:05. But that’s how it works, you’re on the waitlist.
Waitlist is like 250ish people right?

"This is outrageous, its unfair"
1583434472626.png

Waitlist is like 250ish people right?
MSAR is mentioning waitlist for VCU - 100 (250 apprantly may be coming from some other source). Acceptance from waitlist-75. so they are filling little less than half the class from waitlist. Get waitlisted, then dont lose hope.

MSAR is mentioning waitlist for VCU - 100 (250 apprantly may be coming from some other source). Acceptance from waitlist-75. so they are filling little less than half the class from waitlist. Get waitlisted, then dont lose hope.

MSAR isn’t accurate about the waitlist. If you look at last year’s VCU sdn thread, Dean Mission aka a VCU adcom had a Q&A and mentioned the WL being ~250 people

Reactions: 2 users
never been so happy to be on an alternate list!!! here's hoping!

Reactions: 2 users
I got a portal update to be offered a spot on the alternate list.

I am extremely excited and scared to get my hopes up at the same time.

I got a portal update to be offered a spot on the alternate list.

I am extremely excited and scared to get my hopes up at the same time.
you and me both - like on one hand i'm thinking like okay, a decent amount of people get off the waitlist, there is still a good chance. but also like what if I'm last on the waitlist and there's actually no chance lol

Someone should ask the dean how many on wl this year

Hi everyone! Was the Alternate List Form we were supposed to fill out just that multiple choice question in the Alternate List tab?