2020-2021 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully for those of us who interviewed in early November we hear back this week.
I was in the 11/3 group and received a delay email - they said around December 12th the latest :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Does anyone know if the nonrefundable deposit/associated paperwork is binding? For example, if an applicant has other pending admissions decisions or future interviews, can that person still be eligible for admission elsewhere despite the deposit and signing the "Signed Offer of Admission to the Class of 2025?"
It’s not binding, sign away!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! Can we also talk about how the background check/drug screen is $124.... was the $1500 not enough :(
That’s the same at most schools! This is not a poor man’s game, I’ll tell ya that...I’ve sunk thousands in these apps/acceptances at this point lol. It’s crazy!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! Can we also talk about how the background check/drug screen is $124.... was the $1500 not enough :(
What I'm wondering is, is their CastleBranch service used by a lot of schools. Like, if I did commit elsewhere down the road, or simply want to use the info I've uploaded there elsewhere, can I use what I've already done? Or will I have to do all that stuff over again?

Has anyone sent thank you emails post interview to the interviewers for this school? Not sure if I should do so now, since I interviewed earlier in the week.

Has anyone sent thank you emails post interview to the interviewers for this school? Not sure if I should do so now, since I interviewed earlier in the week.
They recommend same day “thank you” emails! It’s never too late, although I think they meet and talk about you the Friday after your interview

They recommend same day “thank you” emails! It’s never too late, although I think they meet and talk about you the Friday after your interview
Thanks, I will send them tomorrow morning then. I wanted to know did you send the email directly to your interviewer or to the Campbell admissions email, or both?

Thanks, I will send them tomorrow morning then. I wanted to know did you send the email directly to your interviewer or to the Campbell admissions email, or both?
I personally sent them to my interviewers emails, but if you didn’t write down their names then there’s nothing wrong with sending It to the Campbell admissions email

Just wanted to post that I cancelled my interview for 12/8 because I was accepted to my top choice today. Short notice, but wanted to let y'all know in case anyone can take my spot. Best of luck future docs!

Reactions: 1 users
Would not having much rural experience hurt my chances? I'm pretty sure they are going to ask how I would like to live in a rural setting, and I'm thinking about mentioning enjoying outdoors because of having run cross country, but other than that I don't have much experience in rural areas since I spent pretty much all of my life in the suburbs

Would not having much rural experience hurt my chances? I'm pretty sure they are going to ask how I would like to live in a rural setting, and I'm thinking about mentioning enjoying outdoors because of having run cross country, but other than that I don't have much experience in rural areas since I spent pretty much all of my life in the suburbs
Not at all - I would just mention that you’re very open to living in a rural community. My interviewers kept telling me how close Raleigh is and that you’re a short drive from many suburbs. You’ll be fine! Don’t panic. Very conversational interviews and great people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed today. Overall I felt like it went much better than the interviews I had at the 2 other schools. My interviewers were both very chill, although my first interviewer was easier than the second. Really hoping to be accepted, this school is toward the top of my list of schools I applied to!

Just interviewed today. Overall I felt like it went much better than the interviews I had at the 2 other schools. My interviewers were both very chill, although my first interviewer was easier than the second. Really hoping to be accepted, this school is toward the top of my list of schools I applied to!
Good luck!! What do you mean by easier? I'm interviewing this week and trying to remain calm since its my first interview. Overall I feel like people's feedback of Campbell's interview day seems to be positive on this thread.

Good luck!! What do you mean by easier? I'm interviewing this week and trying to remain calm since its my first interview. Overall I feel like people's feedback of Campbell's interview day seems to be positive on this thread.
It's just that my first interviewer mostly talked about North Carolina, why they like Campbell, some of the research going on, and I only had to answer 2-3 questions about myself. My second interviewer asked me more of the standard medical school interview questions like why doctor, why DO, etc. although I didn't get any unexpected or very difficult questions. I felt way more relaxed at my CUSOM interview than my other med school interviews. Good luck!

• Love
Does anyone know how long the interview workshop is? And do we have to turn our cameras on?

Accepted today! Interviewed on 10/27.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys any thoughts on the post-interview acceptance rate? Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I couldn't find a Class of 2025 Facebook, so I went and made one.

So excited to meet everybody (virtually)!

• Love
November interviewees; y’all heard anything?

November interviewees; y’all heard anything?

Interviewed on 11/3. I got an email stating decisions would be delayed. The email specified the latest we would hear is December 15th.

Upset because if it does take until the end of the day on the 15th that means that the 14th deadline to secure a position in other schools has passed. Ultimately meaning you just have to give up the $1500 to secure your spot and potentially get into this school the next day:/

Hoping to hear before the 14th so this doesn't happen... fingers crossed!

Interviewed on 11/3. I got an email stating decisions would be delayed. The email specified the latest we would hear is December 15th.

Upset because if it does take until the end of the day on the 15th that means that the 14th deadline to secure a position in other schools has passed. Ultimately meaning you just have to give up the $1500 to secure your spot and potentially get into this school the next day:/

Hoping to hear before the 14th so this doesn't happen... fingers crossed!
Is $1500 deposit for the other school? Is the cost the same across other schools? (I ask b/c I think that is the cost for CUSOM too... so maybe just a coincidence.)

Is $1500 deposit for the other school? Is the cost the same across other schools? (I ask b/c I think that is the cost for CUSOM too... so maybe just a coincidence.)

Yes for a different school i was accepted to! I do believe it is the same amount for DO schools nationwide and I do believe it is the same date (December 14th) for all other schools as well!

The deposit amounts vary for each school but most do follow the AACOMAS traffic guidelines! You can find individual schools information on their Choose DO website

Hi guys, congratulations to those new acceptances!

Current MS-1 here willing to answer any questions via PM (I don't check this thread frequently enough for questions in here unless tagging me sends an email)
@BananaBaron For the scholarships at CUSOM, is there a separate application? what is the timeline for that? Is it rolling? TIA!!!

Trying to figure out if Campbell is going to give us a decision or having to put down a deposit at another school is a great game to play every passing hour.

• Sad
Trying to figure out if Campbell is going to give us a decision or having to put down a deposit at another school is a great game to play every passing hour.
I was told that I wouldn’t get a decision until the first week of January! I interviewed on 12/1.

Edit: they also said that their last day in office is the 17th!

if you have been accepted and have to respond by 12/14, then did you get your background check etc all done by now?

if you have been accepted and have to respond by 12/14, then did you get your background check etc all done by now?
That's my understanding, yes. Here is the quote from the acceptance email:

To secure your seat in the class, you must submit a tuition deposit for $1500.00 before December 14, 2020. Failure to submit your tuition deposit by the date listed above will automatically relinquish your seat in the class.

As part of matriculation, you must also complete the following by the deadline listed above.
  • Complete your CastleBranch Criminal Background Check
  • Complete the CastleBranch Drug Screen 10 Panel Submission (lab visit required)
  • Signed Offer of Admission to the Class of 2025
  • Signed acknowledgment of the Technical Standards
  • Signed acknowledgment of the Academic Bulletin

That's my understanding, yes. Here is the quote from the acceptance email:

To secure your seat in the class, you must submit a tuition deposit for $1500.00 before December 14, 2020. Failure to submit your tuition deposit by the date listed above will automatically relinquish your seat in the class.

As part of matriculation, you must also complete the following by the deadline listed above.
  • Complete your CastleBranch Criminal Background Check
  • Complete the CastleBranch Drug Screen 10 Panel Submission (lab visit required)
  • Signed Offer of Admission to the Class of 2025
  • Signed acknowledgment of the Technical Standards
  • Signed acknowledgment of the Academic Bulletin
If you need help, you can private message me and I'll walk you through it :) It can be a little confusing

Has anybody received a thank you letter post-interview? Is this a standard thing or...

Has anybody received a thank you letter post-interview? Is this a standard thing or...
From admissions? I did. Was told at the end of interview day we’d receive and email shortly which was a quick thank you for attending and stated we’d hear back in around 4 weeks with decisions.

Unless you’re asking if we sent thank you emails to our interviewers and if that’s standard?

From admissions? I did. Was told at the end of interview day we’d receive and email shortly which was a quick thank you for attending and stated we’d hear back in around 4 weeks with decisions.

Unless you’re asking if we sent thank you emails to our interviewers and if that’s standard?
Ah thanks. Did not remember them saying we would receive a email! Must be a courtesy thing. Hopefully December interviews hear back soon!

Accepted a seat for the class of 2025!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 12 users
Hey everyone,

Has anybody heard anything regarding scholarships? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,

Has anybody heard anything regarding scholarships? Thanks in advance.

I received the presidential scholarship from CUSOM this morning. I submitted my deposit and all my documents last night. I was invited to apply for the scholarship about a week and a half ago and submitted the essay a few days after.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Interviewed 11/3. Complete 7/27!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users