2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my alt list position, happy Friday eve y'all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
When do y'all recommend I send a letter of interest to possibly get off the alt list?

For people who got their financial aid package, were you sent an email or did you just happen to check your portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im planning on sending it late march/early April because that is when they will sit together to discuss it.

Reactions: 1 users
does case offer any post-interview feedback for those who interviewed but were waitlisted?? and are our chances for an A any higher next cycle if we're on the alt list this year? obviously I would love to get off the alt list this year but realistically I might have to apply again so I'm wondering!!

does case offer any post-interview feedback for those who interviewed but were waitlisted?? and are our chances for an A any higher next cycle if we're on the alt list this year? obviously I would love to get off the alt list this year but realistically I might have to apply again so I'm wondering!!
I was waitlisted at 5 schools last year, but didn't receive a interview invite from any of them this cycle

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I was waitlisted at 5 schools last year, but didn't receive a interview invite from any of them this cycle
oh gosh ok. there's that and there's also someone in another school's thread who said they were waitlisted last year and got in without an interview this year so I was wondering where case stood.
I asked about feedback specifically bc I had a friend apply and he got a PRE-interview rejection and I think in the email it said something about feedback...but I think he was a university program applicant so idk if its different for the college program

oh gosh ok. there's that and there's also someone in another school's thread who said they were waitlisted last year and got in without an interview this year so I was wondering where case stood.
I asked about feedback specifically bc I had a friend apply and he got a PRE-interview rejection and I think in the email it said something about feedback...but I think he was a university program applicant so idk if its different for the college program
So some schools defer waitlisted students and automatically accept them for next years class. But very few schools do that. Most schools dont provide any feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
So some schools defer waitlisted students and automatically accept them for next years class. But very few schools do that. Most schools dont provide any feedback
ok :(
thank you for the insight!!

I did! I was waitlisted in October. It was very cryptic and talked about bringing us up to date on some new updates

Everyone get the email for the update meeting on Thursday?
Got it too. I wasn’t convinced it had anything to do with WL movement, but kind of interesting not everyone got the email??

I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. It's a pretty cryptic email so it could mean absolutely anything. I was waitlisted on Oct 15 fwiw
FWIW, the email is identical to the Zoom one they send out for acceptances. So it could be a good sign!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. It's a pretty cryptic email so it could mean absolutely anything. I was waitlisted on Oct 15 fwiw
Yeah waitlisted on Oct 15 as well. Manifesting good news

So if we didn't get this email that's either a WL or R then? That's really disappointing :(

• Care
did those of you who got emails after being WL send updates or letters of interest or intent?

• Hmm
I did! I was waitlisted in October. It was very cryptic and talked about bringing us up to date on some new updates
+2 was WL in October..
Yeah waitlisted on Oct 15 as well. Manifesting good news

Seems like everyone who got the email so far was either a February interviewee or an October WL. Did you all send letters of intent? Congrats btw! I'm nearly certain an email is a good sign.

Seems like everyone who got the email so far was either a February interviewee or an October WL. Did you all send letters of intent? Congrats btw! I'm nearly certain an email is a good sign.
Sorry for any misunderstanding, I was quoting someone else who was waitlisted and didn’t receive an email haha 🥲

Was waitlisted in February but didn’t get the zoom email. Did anyone on the WL (not from October) get the email as well?

Reactions: 3 users
I was WL in September, sent a letter of intent, and got email. Not sure if it means anything

Lol god dang it. I came into this thread to see what my chances of coming off the waitlist were. Now I see that they're holding another one of these cryptic invite-only meetings. Since I did not receive this email, again, I will assume I'm probably going to be rejected.

I really am not a fan of how the "admissions dream team" handles these decision releases.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Lol god dang it. I came into this thread to see what my chances of coming off the waitlist were. Now I see that they're holding another one of these cryptic invite-only meetings. Since I did not receive this email, again, I will assume I'm probably going to be rejected.

I really am not a fan of how the "admissions dream team" handles these decision releases.
Yeah I agree this style of communication generates much unnecessary anxiety. I much prefer when a school straight up lets you know a decision date and time of the day and update the portal/send the email right on the clock, regardless of your admission decision. OSU has been the best out of my schools in this regard.

Reactions: 5 users
I heard UVA does a good job too. Same week decisions.
yeah UVA's awesome about decisions. you can interview on a Thursday and get a decision the next day literally, since they release at ~11am every Friday. probably more feasible bc of a lower volume of apps

Last edited:
I really don’t think this email means anything guys.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Why would they send only certain waitlisted applicants, along with some recent interviewees, an invitation to a special “update meeting?”

Reactions: 2 users
Idk it wouldn't have meant anything if everyone on the alt list got it but only a few people got it so..
but I mean I hope you're right cause I didn't get this email loI

• Haha