You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Seemed like it’s for URM studentsDid anyone else get an email from a current EVMS student?
Yeah I just thought it was weird because it had the students phone number. It was basically an email just letting me know I could reach out to them if I had any post interview questions.Seemed like it’s for URM students
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I mean they said explicitly in mine that it has no bearing on admissions because they’re not a part of the adcom.Yeah I just thought it was weird because it had the students phone number. It was basically an email just letting me know I could reach out to them if I had any post interview questions.
OntheRightPath
Full Member
I have not🙁Have any 9/30 interviewees heard back yet? Do they normally release on Fridays ?![]()
I hope we get notified this week.
Let me know if you hear anything and good luck!
Interviewed on 9/16 and silence. anyone else? Also how often are decisions made, once every week?
flightless_bird
Full Member
Have any 9/30 interviewees heard back yet? Do they normally release on Fridays ?![]()
I have not🙁
I hope we get notified this week.
Let me know if you hear anything and good luck!
Interviewed 9/30 too and I haven't heard back either. Good luck to both of you, we got this 🙂
Interviewed on 9/16 and silence. anyone else? Also how often are decisions made, once every week?
I’m guessing once a week bc based on this thread no one’s heard back since 10/15?
OntheRightPath
Full Member
2 people from this thread got accepted and they interviewed on 23rd and 25th. I am not sure about how often the decisions are made, but last year they released the second set of decisions the week after October 15th.Interviewed on 9/16 and silence. anyone else? Also how often are decisions made, once every week?
2 people from this thread got accepted and they interviewed on 23rd and 25th. I am not sure about how often the decisions are made by last year they released the second set of decisions the week after October 15th.
So I guess it’s probably tomorrow then? Too late for today i’m guessing
OntheRightPath
Full Member
If not tomorrow, then most likely next week.So I guess it’s probably tomorrow then? Too late for today i’m guessing
I was thinking maybe they want to release decisions to a larger group of interviewees than 20 people. It seems like people that interviewed one week earlier, were notified already. This way if they notify us next week, they can release the decision for our week and the following week interviewees (it will be 4 weeks for us and 3 weeks for them), if that makes sense.
If not tomorrow, then most likely next week.
I was thinking maybe they want to release decisions to a larger group of interviewees than 20 people. It seems like people that interviewed one week earlier, were notified already. This way if they notify us next week, they can release the decision for our week and the following week interviewees (it will be 4 weeks for us and 3 weeks for them), if that makes sense.
that makes sense! just hope for my sake its not true 🙂 haha i guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing stats and when you were complete? URM or ORM? You can always DM if you want 🙂II received today!
D
deleted599599
Last edited by a moderator:
mikey41500
Full Member
For those who got interviews today, when were you guys complete? And CONGRATS!!!
D
deleted1060270
II today, IS, complete 8/13
Complete 9/4/20, LM 72, ORM, out of state!Do you mind sharing stats and when you were complete? URM or ORM? You can always DM if you want 🙂
D
deleted1040408
Happy to find out I'm on the top third of the waitlist. 🙂 You can call to inquire.
this is post II WL I assume?
flightless_bird
Full Member
Interviewed 9/30 and silence so far
Same hereInterviewed 9/30 and silence so far
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Interviewed 9/30 and silence so far
Sameeeeee. I JUST WANT TO KNOWSame here

However, it is good to know that at least we are all in the same boat here.
flightless_bird
Full Member
Seems like it. Best of luck friends, fingers crossed for all of us!Sameeeeee. I JUST WANT TO KNOW
However, it is good to know that at least we are all in the same boat here.
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Hopefully, we hear something today. They said 3-4 weeks; It has been more than that now, so....Seems like it. Best of luck friends, fingers crossed for all of us!
Edit: My hopes are dying slowly as the time passes...:/
Last edited:
D
deleted1075607
interviewed on 16th and nada 🙁
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Have you tried emailing them? 1.5 months is more than they said it should take them to make a desicion.interviewed on 16th and nada 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1075607
i meant 10/16 lolHave you tried emailing them? 1.5 months is more than they said it should take them to make a desicion.
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Just a crazy thought, should we email them about the results? I mean It has been over 4 weeks since the interview and students that interviewed 5 days prior to us have received their results over 2 weeks ago. Maybe there was a glitch in the system or something?
I don’t think you should reach out. They said around 4 weeks so I would try and be patient. If after a month and a half or two months they haven’t reached out then it might be okay to email.Just a crazy thought, should we email them about the results? I mean It has been over 4 weeks since the interview and students that interviewed 5 days prior to us have received their results over 2 weeks ago. Maybe there was a glitch in the system or something?
Absolutely definitely notJust a crazy thought, should we email them about the results? I mean It has been over 4 weeks since the interview and students that interviewed 5 days prior to us have received their results over 2 weeks ago. Maybe there was a glitch in the system or something?
Just a crazy thought, should we email them about the results? I mean It has been over 4 weeks since the interview and students that interviewed 5 days prior to us have received their results over 2 weeks ago. Maybe there was a glitch in the system or something?
Just be patient. I interviewed the first day (9/9) I believe... still no decision. I’m not sure how their review process works but I’m being patient.
OntheRightPath
Full Member
I applaud your patience but didn't they tell you that you were going to be notified on October 15th?Just be patient. I interviewed the first day (9/9) I believe... still no decision. I’m not sure how their review process works but I’m being patient.
Yea.... but it is what it isI applaud your patience but didn't they tell you that you were going to be notified on October 15th?

It’ll be nice to hear something soon though because I really like this school.
In case anyone was interested I was just told that they might send out decisions this week.
Can anyone who interviewed tell me how long the actual interview itself was?
Relatively short. My interview day was different than the info session. I logged in and was in the interview for less than an hour!Can anyone who interviewed tell me how long the actual interview itself was?
Can anyone who interviewed tell me how long the actual interview itself was?
my interview was 30 minutes
Does EVMS accept updates pre-II ?
mine was 48min with an adcom member and a student - we were very chatty at the end!my interview was 30 minutes
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Mine was about 45 minutes. The time limit depends on what time slot you schedule your interview for. Mine was in the middle, so the interviewers had to go to the next interview.Can anyone who interviewed tell me how long the actual interview itself was?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you everyone, I appreciate it! @OntheRightPath @bananberry @simplicityw @dindjarin87
flightless_bird
Full Member
5-week post-II mark for me today, interviewed 9/30 and no decision so far. Not in a rush but would love to hear good news from EVMS
OntheRightPath
Full Member
D
deleted1075607
same lol congrats btwI got an acceptance earlier today!
I AM GOING TO A MEDICAL SCHOOL 🙂
Good luck to you all. Hopefully, they release more decisions soon.
I am in-state, interwieved on 09/30, LizzyM 72
congrats! Any tips/advice for the interview?I got an acceptance earlier today!
I AM GOING TO A MEDICAL SCHOOL 🙂
Good luck to you all. Hopefully, they release more decisions soon.
I am in-state, interwieved on 09/30, LizzyM 72