2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone rescheduled their interview for this school? I want to but unsure if they already are like out in november or december

Edit: for future reference they do not reschedule interviews
you got 12 II??? WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Do you guys think attending the Wednesday pre-interview info sessions has any bearing on the admissions process? Trying to decide whether I should skip my class which is graded on attendance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think attending the Wednesday pre-interview info sessions has any bearing on the admissions process? Trying to decide whether I should skip my class which is graded on attendance.
I want to say that they took attendance at my info session so you probably want to attend it

Reactions: 1 user
I want to say that they took attendance at my info session so you probably want to attend it
This sucks -- I scheduled my interview for a Friday because I knew I'd be free for the day, but honestly I don't think I can make a Wednesday happen at that time in the near future.

I received the secondary today. Is it worth completing, given as I am pretty late in the game?

ORM, OOS, 4.0, 508

For the interview we only get one BlueJeans link (for one interview) right? I'm very stressed that I'm going to miss something lol

For the interview we only get one BlueJeans link (for one interview) right? I'm very stressed that I'm going to miss something lol
Yes, just one link, one interview. Mine was almost exactly 30 minutes long. You'll do great!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone who has completed their interview already? I just have a few questions about the interview day format online since interviews are only 45 minutes long ish. Thanks in advance!
You probably already interviewed, but if you still have questions feel free to PM!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has there been an interview drought recently?
Literally wondering the same thing, has anyone heard back from this school in a while? I received my complete email on August 19th, so I wonder if I should send an update letter or something.

Would it be a good idea to update EVMS about a meaningful clinical experience I have had for 2+ months that wasn't listed on primary (got the position right after submitting primary)? I have also been volunteering at blood drives and will be mentoring youths virtually.

I feel like it would be a good idea and could give schools a better idea of my ECs but for some reason I see people sometimes saying not to update schools about things.

Would it be a good idea to update EVMS about a meaningful clinical experience I have had for 2+ months that wasn't listed on primary (got the position right after submitting primary)? I have also been volunteering at blood drives and will be mentoring youths virtually.

I feel like it would be a good idea and could give schools a better idea of my ECs but for some reason I see people sometimes saying not to update schools about things.
I would definitely update schools with that, especially EVMS (check to see other schools accept updates). Yeah unless schools specifically say they don’t accept updates, or only accept limited updates, than update them because it shows you’re interested and continually doing things.

Just finished my interview day at EVMS. My interviewers were very nice and I didn't feel like I got any curveball questions. I'm happy to share more about my experience with anyone interviewing/interested, just pm me :)

Reactions: 9 users
so i'm realizing I still haven't gotten a complete email.... even though I submitted August 12th. Anyone else? My application portal has everything checked off and it's all been sent in and everything, so not sure why. Do you guys think I should email them? And I got the email awhile ago to send in my in-state information, so I figured that meant I was complete but I just checked and never got an actual email

so i'm realizing I still haven't gotten a complete email.... even though I submitted August 12th. Anyone else? My application portal has everything checked off and it's all been sent in and everything, so not sure why. Do you guys think I should email them? And I got the email awhile ago to send in my in-state information, so I figured that meant I was complete but I just checked and never got an actual email
You should call them if u haven’t already! They are super responsive!

I had a similar realization a few days ago too, and emailed them. I was told I was missing a pre-requisite, perhaps it's a similar situation for you.

I had a similar realization a few days ago too, and emailed them. I was told I was missing a pre-requisite, perhaps it's a similar situation for you.
I submitted July 30th and didn't get a complete email until October 3rd, so it might just take time for them to review everything.

I submitted July 30th and didn't get a complete email until October 3rd, so it might just take time for them to review everything.

That's weird. I submitted my secondary on September 24 and got my complete Email the next day.

I'm wondering the same thing. As far as I can tell, the last interview invites they sent out were on September 29th. On Monday it'll be pretty much two weeks since the last time they sent any. Is that normal?

That's weird. I submitted my secondary on September 24 and got my complete Email the next day.

Yeah I think it varies bc I got my complete email the same day I submitted (but I was also placed on an "MCAT hold" as I received my supplemental app)

Hi everybody! Do you guys know how the school lets us know about acceptance? On my interview day they said we would get a decision by the 15th/16th of October, but I don’t know if I should expect a call, email, or if I have to check the app portal.

Hi everybody! Do you guys know how the school lets us know about acceptance? On my interview day they said we would get a decision by the 15th/16th of October, but I don’t know if I should expect a call, email, or if I have to check the app portal.
When did you interview?

First off, I interviewed 9/18 and do not remember hearing this, but I hope it is true! I would assume they send an email/update your portal.

First off, I interviewed 9/18 and do not remember hearing this, but I hope it is true! I would assume they send an email/update your portal.
I interviewed last week but they specifically said that we would get a decision within 3-4 weeks of our interview date so that makes sense!

I interviewed last week but they specifically said that we would get a decision within 3-4 weeks of our interview date so that makes sense!
I wonder if anyone has already been accepted yet then?

II today! Complete email on 8/26, IS, ORM, 516, 3.97

Reactions: 3 users
II today! Never received a "complete" update/status for my secondary, so I was planning to call today to inquire, but here we are!

Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday, LM 67.8 OOS ORM complete 9/7

Reactions: 4 users