R
Removed 982794
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ugh complete aug 26th and nothing yet :/
+1Ugh complete aug 26th and nothing yet :/
yup.. it stings a littleseems like most schools are picking up with communication now tho at least
+1Pre-II R just now. Complete 8/31 OOS.
Pre-II R just now. Complete 8/31 OOS.
I would say hang in there, it is not a decent sign but not a rejection either. You are still being considered for an interview whether you will get it or not.If we were complete 8/20~ and didn’t get an R in that wave is that a decent sign? Obviously not good or bad news but still
i really wished EVMS to drop more IIs before Thanksgiving, but it seems like we need to wait a bit more!Have interviews not been going out regularly. Seems like it’s been a while
Mine was exactly 4 weeks!What is the average turnaround time for a decision? I know they say 3-4 weeks on interview day but it seems most people here had to wait longer?
Congrats!!!!! I really hope to receive II from EVMS. When were the available dates?II Just Now!! Complete August 24th, OOS, MCAT and GPA were 510-513 and 4.0 respectively.
They are currently scheduling into early to mid January.Congrats!!!!! I really hope to receive II from EVMS. When were the available dates?
See my posts above about how I sent updates! Hope they help 🙂I've had numerous activities that would vastly improve my application competitiveness. Which would be the best way to update EVMS on these activities before my interview in Jan?
I enjoyed mine a lot! There were about 6 standardized questions, but my interviewer did a great job making me feel comfortable and following up on my answers so it felt like a really interesting conversation about my experiences and healthcare.What is the interview format like? Was it fun? I have done two interviews so far and both of them were fantastic one on one interviews so just kind of wondering if that will be the case with this school.
felt chill to me! didn't think their info session was all that interesting or exciting, but my individual interviewer was niceWhat is the interview format like? Was it fun? I have done two interviews so far and both of them were fantastic one on one interviews so just kind of wondering if that will be the case with this school.
+1 IS. Completed 10/10II Just Now!! Complete August 24th, OOS, MCAT and GPA were 510-513 and 4.0 respectively.
Check their financial aid site to see a list of scholarships they have. Most are for in state students, though they do have some for high stat students & those they really want.Anyone know anything about financial aid for out of state students? I’m an out of state student excited to have an interview invite, but questioning if it’s worth for me to take the time off of work to interview. I really like EVMS, but I have an instate acceptance and I can’t imagine paying full out of state tuition at EVMS.
Yes, office hours are 9am-5pmAnother question, all I needed to do for the interview is just call and schedule right? I was wondering if I would receive a confirmation email but I haven't received anything since the initial email.
It’s been 6 weeks for me. They told us 3-4 weeks lol.Has anyone else been waiting for over 5 weeks post-interview without hearing back? They said on interview day it would be 4 to 5 weeks.
This is our son's #1 MD school and he interviewed on 11/18. Hoping for an A but any word will likely come after 12/14 which is when deposits are required for the DO schools. He'll have to make a decision before then and then potentially decide what to do if accepted at EVMS.It’s been 6 weeks for me. They told us 3-4 weeks lol.
Unfortunately DO deposits are quite large but even after paying, I have heard always pick the MD school. Hope your son hears back soon.This is our son's #1 MD school and he interviewed on 11/18. Hoping for an A but any word will likely come after 12/14 which is when deposits are required for the DO schools. He'll have to make a decision before then and then potentially decide what to do if accepted at EVMS.
Yep. $1500 non-refundable. But, in the grand scheme of the overall cost, not the biggest. It would just suck to spend $1500 and get an A from EVMS a few days later if the A could have been given just a bit earlier. However, I think he would agree and take the loss (money) in order to get the win (A from EVMS). Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck to you as well!Unfortunately DO deposits are quite large but even after paying, I have heard always pick the MD school. Hope your son hears back soon.
Same. Interviewed 10/28 and still haven’t heard a word...Has anyone else been waiting for over 5 weeks post-interview without hearing back? They said on interview day it would be 4 to 5 weeks.
I had one interview with three people. Two MDs and one M3. It was short, I think like 30 minutes. I had great interviewers. It was fairly relaxed. My biggest advice would be to prepare for ethical questions.Interviewing in a week. Would love any advice/input from anyone that’s already interviewed or current students.
Thanks!
Good luck to everyone in this cycle.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.