You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For questions like this, search "this thread" RDoes EVMS actively send post-secondary, pre II Rs, or do they just ghost till the end of the cycle?
and you will see that lots of Rs have flown out
D
deleted1075607
be prepared for a lot of ethical questionscongrats! Any tips/advice for the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an acceptance earlier today!
I AM GOING TO A MEDICAL SCHOOL 🙂
Good luck to you all. Hopefully, they release more decisions soon.
I am in-state, interwieved on 09/30, LizzyM 72
Congrats! Did you get a call?
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Thank you. I got an email around 11 am today. All applicants are notified by email.Congrats! Did you get a call?
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Thank you, I am thrilled 🙂congrats! Any tips/advice for the interview?
I would say, make sure you understand what this school stands for and see if it aligns with your own values and attributes.
Good luck to all of you! You got this!
OntheRightPath
Full Member
They did send several pre-II Rs on October 15thDoes EVMS actively send post-secondary, pre II Rs, or do they just ghost till the end of the cycle?
Kind of wondering this too. been complete here for a while, but haven't heard a thing while people who submitted after me have been rejected.Does EVMS actively send post-secondary, pre II Rs, or do they just ghost till the end of the cycle?
OntheRightPath
Full Member
I think no news is better than bad news. That probably means they are still considering you, given that they do not do holds.Kind of wondering this too. been complete here for a while, but haven't heard a thing while people who submitted after me have been rejected.
I was complete 8/24 and am still waiting so hopefully it's a good thing!Kind of wondering this too. been complete here for a while, but haven't heard a thing while people who submitted after me have been rejected.
R
Removed 982794
When was the last round of Rs?
Interviewed 9/30 still nada :/
IS LM 74 (3.71, 522)
IS LM 74 (3.71, 522)
Last edited:
D
deleted1075607
I'd email them. I interviewed like mid-October and already heard backInterviewed 9/26 still nada :/
IS LM 74 (3.71, 522)
premedprincess1
Full Member
Accepted by email yesterday morning! OOS, LM 74. Interviewed 10/9.
I'd email them. I interviewed like mid-October and already heard back
Hmm weird. I wonder if they are waiting to send batch wait list or post II rejections
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do not email them.... admissions committees prioritize different applicants. Just be patient.I'd email them. I interviewed like mid-October and already heard back
D
deleted1075607
well it worked for me so...Do not email them.... admissions committees prioritize different applicants. Just be patient.
You emailed them asking if there was an update on your status and they sent you an A?well it worked for me so...
Just cause a random person on the internet says it worked for them does not mean someone should do it. If you interviewed, they know about you. And you will hear back when they notify you.You emailed them asking if there was an update on your status and they sent you an A?
I was just asking a question because I was doubtful. No need to roastJust cause a random person on the internet says it worked for them does not mean someone should do it. If you interviewed, they know about you. And you will hear back when they notify you.
Sorry I wasn’t trying to roast you, I replied to the wrong person. Wasnt even trying to roast them either! This is just an anonymous Internet forum and everyone should know emailing schools about a post-II decision is a no no.I was just asking a question because I was doubtful. No need to roast
Interviewed a few weeks ago, Waitlisted just now. Congrats to those who were Accepted this week! 🙂
flightless_bird
Full Member
Just got WL'd (top 1/3). Interviewed 9/30
flightless_bird
Full Member
It sounds like our odds are good since they said 2/3 of their class traditionally comes from the waitlistWaitlisted . Top 1/3 as well. does this mean were gonna get accepted ?
It does not mean you are going to be accepted. It means that you have a viable chance, but nothing is gauranteed. They usually take about 100 from the WL and each 1/3 for IS and OOS has about 100 people in it. Also OOS 1/3 movement is historically more than IS 1/3 movement.Waitlisted . Top 1/3 as well. does this mean were gonna get accepted ?
This is correct this is how most waitlists work and how it works at EVMS. Take a journey through last years thread if you want to see more!So how does the waitlist work? Does EVMS fill an entire class first and then when people drop they pull from the high priority waitlist? What are people’s thoughts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1075607
waiting to hear back from my top choice, if I get in I will for sure decline my EVMS acceptance and hope it goes one of youWL earlier today, top 1/3 as well
grizz411
Full Member
Good luck to you at your top choice regardless!!waiting to hear back from my top choice, if I get in I will for sure decline my EVMS acceptance and hope it goes one of you
Waitlist top 1/3 LM 74 IS
It does not mean you are going to be accepted. It means that you have a viable chance, but nothing is gauranteed. They usually take about 100 from the WL and each 1/3 for IS and OOS has about 100 people in it. Also OOS 1/3 movement is historically more than IS 1/3 movement.
So I’m trying to understand the math here. You say they take about 100 of the waitlist. However the class size is 150 and they extend 400ish offers... so I get how 100 people come off the waitlist and stay which would compute with the idea that 2/3 of the class came from off the waitlist. But, there has to be more people offered to than just 100 total. Makes it seem that if you’re in the top 3rd there is a high statistical likelihood of being offered an acceptance. Am I terribly wrong in that thinking? Thanks for the input.
OntheRightPath
Full Member
So, people on the waitlist may be accepted somewhere else by the time turn comes to them, for example. They deny the acceptance, and it goes to someone else. EVMS extends about 300 offers to fill a class of 150, which means that statistically, 150 people turn down the offers along the way, by either choosing a different schol after a direct acceptance or waitlist. There is no limit on how many people will receive offers. They gonna keep coming until the class of 150 people is filled. I am not sure they overbook, I think it is easier to extend more offers as the spots free up rather than offering acceptances to too many qualified applicants and hoping that someone will turn them down. I hope it helps.So I’m trying to understand the math here. You say they take about 100 of the waitlist. However, the class size is 150 and they extend 400ish offers... so I get how 100 people come off the waitlist and stay which would compute with the idea that 2/3 of the class came from off the waitlist. But, there has to be more people offered to than just 100 total. Makes it seem that if you’re in the top 3rd there is a high statistical likelihood of being offered an acceptance. Am I terribly wrong in that thinking? Thanks for the input.
benignradical
Full Member
anyone complete mid-August receive an II lately?
Does anyone know about EVMS policy about sending update letters? I can't find anything on their website about it. Thank you!
I have sent updates via email to admissions. They request the file name (pdf in my case) to be saved as "Your name, your AAMC ID," then I also added what the update was after AAMC ID.Does anyone know about EVMS policy about sending update letters? I can't find anything on their website about it. Thank you!
I.e. "John Brown 55555555 Publication" Hope this helps and good luck! 🙂
Thank you so much for the help!I have sent updates via email to admissions. They request the file name (pdf in my case) to be saved as "Your name, your AAMC ID," then I also added what the update was after AAMC ID.
I.e. "John Brown 55555555 Publication" Hope this helps and good luck! 🙂
Yes!Did you just send to this address? [email protected]
Per their secondary app invite email: "The supplemental application and all materials should be submitted within 30 days for a timely review"Hi! I'm super late with some of my apps and I spent a lot of time completing other ones and I'm just not getting to this secondary. Does anyone think it's worth finishing the secondary? I have FAP also.
Seems a bit ambiguous as to if >30d is exclusion criteria but your chances are 0 if you don't complete the app! I'd say go for it, especially with FAP, just be aware it's a bit of a grind.
Is it worth it? Probably not. You will literally be at the bottom of 8000 apps (the last day to submit is in 3 days). But will it make you feel better? If yes they F it why not.Hi! I'm super late with some of my apps and I spent a lot of time completing other ones and I'm just not getting to this secondary. Does anyone think it's worth finishing the secondary? I have FAP also.
How did you all send your thank you notes? I didn't get the emails to my interviewers. I'm thinking of sending it through the admission office.
My best advice is to take a scroll through this years thread! All the advice you need has already been given 🙂)Hi all! I am going to be interviewing at the medical school in the coming weeks. I am a URM, OOS student and I am wondering if anyone can provide general tips/outline on what to expect, or how you prepared?
I have interviewed with 2 interviewers and even had 2 MMI's but the panel is new to me. Cheers to everyone that has been accepted and God speed to those waiting to here back.
Wish you all the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1048149
Rejected pre-II. Good luck to everyone else 🙂
D
deleted1040408
Rejected pre-II. Good luck to everyone else 🙂
post-secondary?
+1Rejected pre-II. Good luck to everyone else 🙂
D
deleted1048149
post-secondary?
Yup! Complete 9/8