You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Did you send in an update?II earlier today. LM 70 OOS and complete 8/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS?Just got an acceptance email. Interviewed 12/9. Keep the faith everyone and good luck!
Hello_There_117
Full Member
Fairly certain the email says you can attend a later session, it's towards the bottom of the email after the Zoom information. It is not mandatory. GL on your interview!!Question about the Wednesday info session prior to the II. Is this mandatory or something I can schedule for later? I have another interview that day and was curious. Thanks!
II! IS. Complete mid-December.
congrats!!! did you receive the email earlier today? or did it come just nowII! IS. Complete mid-December.
Thank you. Earlier today around 1congrats!!! did you receive the email earlier today? or did it come just now
Thank you! No I did not send any updatesCongrats! Did you send in an update?
How far out is EVMS scheduling interviews?
Currently, I saw mid-February dates as being available. I think they interview until end of March though (correct me if I’m wrong).How far out is EVMS scheduling interviews?
Thank you! and congrats on your II!Currently, I saw mid-February dates as being available. I think they interview until end of March though (correct me if I’m wrong).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that's correct.Currently, I saw mid-February dates as being available. I think they interview until end of March though (correct me if I’m wrong).
Blueberries are excellent.
Helos_to_hospitals
Full Member
Thanks. And OOS, very non-tradCongrats! Are you IS or OOS?
You and I both, friend. Congrats again, very happy for you!Thanks. And OOS, very non-trad
confirmed they interview through the end of march with the admissions office, i scheduled for the end of februaryHow far out is EVMS scheduling interviews?
Congrats!! What were your stats?Just got an acceptance email. Interviewed 12/9. Keep the faith everyone and good luck!
Helos_to_hospitals
Full Member
Thanks! 512 /3.45 cGPA /3.65 sGPA / some post-bacc work / non-trad with little clinical or academic researchCongrats!! What were your stats?
codestroke
Full Member
Is there a specific day or timeframe people hear back post-interview? Or any day M-F within 4-5 weeks?
Hello_There_117
Full Member
From what I have gathered from this thread it seems most people hear back on W within 3-4 weeks if OOS and later if IS. I could be wrong though.Is there a specific day or timeframe people hear back post-interview? Or any day M-F within 4-5 weeks?
Great stats! Are you IS/OOSThanks! 512 /3.45 cGPA /3.65 sGPA / some post-bacc work / non-trad with little clinical or academic research
Helos_to_hospitals
Full Member
Thanks. OOSGreat stats! Are you IS/OOS
WL just now. Top third.
+1WL just now. Top third.
You IS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1060270
WL (top third), IS, 3.97/520. I thought my interview was pretty terrible so it makes sense but still stings. Will be withdrawing my app so hopefully that helps someone else!!
Wow nice stats! Makes me wonder if the IS side is currently full if they're WL'ing people like you!WL (top third), IS, 3.97/520. I thought my interview was pretty terrible so it makes sense but still stings. Will be withdrawing my app so hopefully that helps someone else!!
Yes. You?You IS?
Yes- was asking that that seems to add support to our IS turnaround time is longer than OOS theory.Yes. You?
Interesting, I had assumed their secondary deadline had already passed,Just got an email saying “we are no longer requesting your supplemental” does that mean they’ve reached their capacity for applications this year?
According to the secondary app it is 02/07. Just surprised its a "no longer accepting"Interesting, I had assumed their secondary deadline had already passed,
Ah, thanks for the correction. Yeah, that is weird. Maybe give them a call?According to the secondary app it is 02/07. Just surprised its a "no longer accepting"
TheRealTomHanks
New Member
Oh hey guys! I’m a current M1 Student and got bored of studying GMD, so popped on here. Just wanted to let you guys know that being waitlisted is a common thing for EVMS. I think they accept most of top third and a little less than half of the middle third (rough estimates). The list won’t move until May at the earliest, but once it gets going those acceptances will start flying out. Also they attempt to match similar students, so say it’s an OOS non-traditional female that chooses another school, they’ll try to find an OOS non-traditional female on the waitlist to replace them regardless of their position on the list. Sorry for the long message, but best of luck and I look forward to seeing you guys in the Fall.
When you say most of the top third and little less than half of middle third are you referring to the OOS waitlist? What about top third IS?Oh hey guys! I’m a current M1 Student and got bored of studying GMD, so popped on here. Just wanted to let you guys know that being waitlisted is a common thing for EVMS. I think they accept most of top third and a little less than half of the middle third (rough estimates). The list won’t move until May at the earliest, but once it gets going those acceptances will start flying out. Also they attempt to match similar students, so say it’s an OOS non-traditional female that chooses another school, they’ll try to find an OOS non-traditional female on the waitlist to replace them regardless of their position on the list. Sorry for the long message, but best of luck and I look forward to seeing you guys in the Fall.
Looks like we’ve already seen some waitlist movement as early as November/December. Does that mean certain demographics have already been filled (eg OOS female, etc) and they’ve begun pulling from the WL for that match? I’m intrigued why WL movement began so early.Oh hey guys! I’m a current M1 Student and got bored of studying GMD, so popped on here. Just wanted to let you guys know that being waitlisted is a common thing for EVMS. I think they accept most of top third and a little less than half of the middle third (rough estimates). The list won’t move until May at the earliest, but once it gets going those acceptances will start flying out. Also they attempt to match similar students, so say it’s an OOS non-traditional female that chooses another school, they’ll try to find an OOS non-traditional female on the waitlist to replace them regardless of their position on the list. Sorry for the long message, but best of luck and I look forward to seeing you guys in the Fall.
Also, could you clarify how only most of top third is accepted and then roughly half of middle third? I understand that in some cases, a demographic match may not be present in top third but from a more macro perspective I would have thought top third is exhausted before moving to middle third. Thanks for your comments and time!
Helos_to_hospitals
Full Member
Anyone know of an accepted students FB page? Thanks!
MermaidDoc
Full Member
Was wondering the same thing!Anyone know of an accepted students FB page? Thanks!
My friend who is an M1 said it will likely be a bit longer before it's created!Anyone know of an accepted students FB page? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BumpHave Rs gone out yet? OOS complete mid-Aug and still silent.
Hello_There_117
Full Member
It was a lot of fun, don't worry about it. My interviewers really just wanted to get to know me more as an applicant and we even had some laughs together so not too stressful at all. GL!!For those that have interviewed, how stressful was the interview?
Hey! I'm an EVMS alumnus, now a PGY-1 elsewhere- so, the OP is correct in that not all of the top third is accepted. EVMS does try to prioritize the demographic match so if they're not able to find what they're looking for in the top third, they'll move to the middle third, and potentially even the lower third.Looks like we’ve already seen some waitlist movement as early as November/December. Does that mean certain demographics have already been filled (eg OOS female, etc) and they’ve begun pulling from the WL for that match? I’m intrigued why WL movement began so early.
Also, could you clarify how only most of top third is accepted and then roughly half of middle third? I understand that in some cases, a demographic match may not be present in top third but from a more macro perspective I would have thought top third is exhausted before moving to middle third. Thanks for your comments and time!
As for early WL movement, what usually happens is that the applicants who are accepted earlier tend to be those with the highest stats. So, as the season progresses and they end up with acceptances at their top choices and consequently drop their EVMS acceptance, EVMS starts perusing the waitlist and pulling the next top applicants off it. I don't know if that early on in the season it's based off demographics because there are still so many great applicants to choose from.