You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to all with interview invites!!
I noticed in the complete email it says they will ONLY notify us if we are invited to interview. Does that mean they don't send Rs over email? If not, where do we check??
I noticed in the complete email it says they will ONLY notify us if we are invited to interview. Does that mean they don't send Rs over email? If not, where do we check??
flightless_bird
Full Member
Just got the II email, IS LM 83
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I assume that means instead of emailing you an R they just ghost you.Congrats to all with interview invites!!
I noticed in the complete email it says they will ONLY notify us if we are invited to interview. Does that mean they don't send Rs over email? If not, where do we check??
I think some schools wait until March to send out any Rs. I know Emory does thisI assume that means instead of emailing you an R they just ghost you.
In past years they have done waves of Rs but im not sure about this yearCongrats to all with interview invites!!
I noticed in the complete email it says they will ONLY notify us if we are invited to interview. Does that mean they don't send Rs over email? If not, where do we check??
do you mind sharing when you were complete?Just got the II email, IS LM 83
do you mind sharing when you were complete?II invite! First one for me! OOS
Forgot to include stats: MCAT 510, sGPA 4.0, cGPA 3.96
EVMS has already sent out pre-secondary R’s so I do think ppl we be notified.I think some schools wait until March to send out any Rs. I know Emory does this
flightless_bird
Full Member
8/14do you mind sharing when you were complete?
desperate_premed
Full Member
I received their secondary on 7/30 and was complete 8/6! Fingers crossed for everybody!do you mind sharing when you were complete?
thank you!! good luck with your interview!8/14
thank you! good luck with your interview!!I received their secondary on 7/30 and was complete 8/6! Fingers crossed for everybody!
D
deleted1061754
Anyone not get a payment email? Or do we not get one. My bank is charged already
D
deleted1048149
Secondary received today, OOS no ties
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1057987
complete email today! submitted last week 🙂
Does EVMS have a 1-month deadline for their secondary applications?
On the secondary invite, they recommend that you submit it in 30 days.
Just received a secondary invite today, with a MCAT hold. My scores come in 9/1 and I submitted on 8/18. OOS. URM. Low GPA, High Grad GPA
D
deleted1061754
Did you get a payment confirmation before?Complete email today. OOS, no ties. I submitted the secondary on Saturday.
macninny
Full Member
Hey guys dumb question. I'm working on my secondary and accidentally hit "complete" on the prerequisites but forgot to add a lab credit. But it won't let me edit what I put?! Is there a way to change this? I haven't paid yet or submitted it yet. Has this happened to anyone else?
Hey guys dumb question. I'm working on my secondary and accidentally hit "complete" on the prerequisites but forgot to add a lab credit. But it won't let me edit what I put?! Is there a way to change this? I haven't paid yet or submitted it yet. Has this happened to anyone else?
I would advise you to email admin team. I am having similar issue in that My labs + lectures are grouped together.
Mine is in a month, but I have not got a confirmation email, nor did I think to ask. Let me know if you find out!For those of you that received an II and called the office to schedule, do you know when they will send out interview confirmation emails?
desperate_premed
Full Member
The woman who scheduled my interview said we will get an email about a week before our interview confirming our times and providing links to their interview platform. I don't know if we will receive any word before then though!For those of you that received an II and called the office to schedule, do you know when they will send out interview confirmation emails?
Hey all! So excited to see you’re interested in EVMS. Im a current M1 and wanted to let you know that EVMS loves to waitlist students so if you get that email after your interview, please be aware that its NOT a rejection.
This school is truly unique and I love it dearly. The student body here is the friendliest you’ll ever find (I interviewed at a few other places and NONE of them compare to EVMS). The administration puts students first 100% of the time and wants all of you to succeed. Please feel free to pm me for any personal questions/comments/concerns
This school is truly unique and I love it dearly. The student body here is the friendliest you’ll ever find (I interviewed at a few other places and NONE of them compare to EVMS). The administration puts students first 100% of the time and wants all of you to succeed. Please feel free to pm me for any personal questions/comments/concerns
Lol I'm feeling the exact same way and was actually wondering the same thing. Tried to google it but can't find any numbers :/ Would love to hear from anyone who knows on this threadDoes anyone know the approximate amount/percentage of people who are screened out prior to getting a secondary? I got my secondary a few days ago and I got slight hope that I could have some chance with this school lol
D
deleted889667
Secondary this morning, OOS, verified 8/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wanderingservant
Full Member
Are IIs being sent out chronologically or in another order? If so, should we assume silent Rs?
desperate_premed
Full Member
I talked briefly about my exposure to medicine as a child (rural and underserved area) and how that sparked my interest. Then I talked about how that led me to work at a nursing home/shadow and eventually apply to medical school! Not sure if that's what they were looking for but I got an II so I guess it works!The first question: Briefly describe your exposure to medicine.
Does this includes research, or mainly asking about clinical/shadowing. Can I also take about how I became interested in medicine? Thanks
Secondary this morning, OOS, verified 8/7
flightless_bird
Full Member
I talked briefly about my exposure to medicine as a child (rural and underserved area) and how that sparked my interest. Then I talked about how that led me to work at a nursing home/shadow and eventually apply to medical school! Not sure if that's what they were looking for but I got an II so I guess it works!
Pretty similar here, I talked about my childhood interest in medicine, connected it to my early exploration in HS, and connected that to what I did in college. Didn't mention research (even though that was my app's focus). Got the II as well
medelsh
Full Member
My interview is next week and I received confirmation yesterday, hope this helps!The woman who scheduled my interview said we will get an email about a week before our interview confirming our times and providing links to their interview platform. I don't know if we will receive any word before then though!
pre-secondary R, LM 65
tequillamockingbird
Full Member
Has anybody had to wait over 3 weeks for the complete email?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Secondary received this morning. Submitted my primary to EVMS on 8/18!
Took me like 8 ish daysHas anybody had to wait over 3 weeks for the complete email?
D
deleted1061754
Your pfp kills meTook me like 8 ish days
LOL thank you. Its a moodYour pfp kills me
wanderingservant
Full Member
Any post secondary Rs?
Does anyone know if EVMS has a portal to check application status?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1057987
lol had a random call from a Virginia number this morning and picked up and of course, it was a spam call 😵
D
deleted1062113
URM?II invite! First one for me! OOS
Forgot to include stats: MCAT 510, sGPA 4.0, cGPA 3.96
D
deleted1062113
how many hours is a lot of clinical hours ?OOS secondary today. Verified 7/21. 3.44c, 3.49s, 512, lots of clinical hours
desperate_premed
Full Member
No, ORMURM?