2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted my primary on 8/24 - no secondary yet. Should I email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if EVMS is strict with their prereq requirements? My undergrad only offered one semester long 1 credit bio lab for both bio i&ii. I know their website says 1 yr bio with labs, but what if that was unavailable at my institution?

Does anyone know if EVMS is strict with their prereq requirements? My undergrad only offered one semester long 1 credit bio lab for both bio i&ii. I know their website says 1 yr bio with labs, but what if that was unavailable at my institution?
I would email them now and ask in case you will need take a course between now and matriculation

Email them, they are very prompt! I had a similar situation with my chem req and they waived it because they were familiar with the course at my undergrad

Any recent interviews? Seems quiet since like two weeks ago.

Can someone who has interviewed/received the confirmation email elaborate on the schedule for the day, generally? Are they doing a full day of synchronous informational sessions + interviews, or is it mainly just going to a short interview and reviewing information on your own? Trying to figure out if I need to take the entire work day off, or just a half day for my afternoon time slot!

They were very flexible with a similar exemption I needed. They seem responsive to email.

I would email them now and ask in case you will need take a course between now and matriculation
Email them, they are very prompt! I had a similar situation with my chem req and they waived it because they were familiar with the course at my undergrad
They were very flexible with a similar exemption I needed. They seem responsive to email.
Thank you everyone! I called this morning and a very nice admissions lady said I will be fine. I recommend calling them if any of you have the same issue because she did say that it depends on your undergrad instituition.

Reactions: 1 user
II earlier today. IS, LM 70 :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling your Interview

Can anyone tell me if the interviews are open or closed file? And confirm that they're more of a traditional interview style? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the interviews are open or closed file? And confirm that they're more of a traditional interview style? Thanks!
Open file! And more of a traditional interview. They have some questions they ask everyone and then they asked a few additional questions based on my responses/application(time permitting). There were quite a few ethics/social questions so I thought the interview was pretty fun. The cliche “just be yourself” advice definitely applies for this interview!

I submitted my secondary 8/26 and as of 9/9 STILL haven't gotten the complete email. Anyone think I should email, or just wait it out? Im going insane lol this cycle is going to be the end of me. I just want that first II ughhhhhh I think i need to stay away from SDN haha

I submitted my secondary 8/26 and as of 9/9 STILL haven't gotten the complete email. Anyone think I should email, or just wait it out? Im going insane lol this cycle is going to be the end of me. I just want that first II ughhhhhh I think i need to stay away from SDN haha
Haha I feel yah and I still haven’t heard anything. I actually ended up emailing them to ask and they essentially told me to wait it out. This is what they sent to me specifically.

“If you have submitted a supplemental application, your complete application will be reviewed for all required courses and letters, and then forwarded to the admissions committee for an interview decision. You will hear from EVMS once complete.”

Haha I feel yah and I still haven’t heard anything. I actually ended up emailing them to ask and they essentially told me to wait it out. This is what they sent to me specifically.

“If you have submitted a supplemental application, your complete application will be reviewed for all required courses and letters, and then forwarded to the admissions committee for an interview decision. You will hear from EVMS once complete.”

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! And lol alright I guess I won't bother them then. Sending II vibes your way!

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! And lol alright I guess I won't bother them then. Sending II vibes your way!
Are you guys missing anything on portal, because I got the complete email within 12 hours of submitting the app. So maybe you guys should reach out!

Are you guys missing anything on portal, because I got the complete email within 12 hours of submitting the app. So maybe you guys should reach out!
Yeah I know it’s really strange. My friend sent his application after me and he recurved a complete soon after. I sent mine on 8/6 and still haven’t received any complete email. I tried reaching out but they gave me that email above. When I go to my portal, everything is there and all the sections are completed. At the bottom where it thanks you for submitting the application it still says they will notify me when my file complete. I even checked to see if my payment went through, which it did. So I just think they haven’t got to me somehow.

Yeah I know it’s really strange. My friend sent his application after me and he recurved a complete soon after. I sent mine on 8/6 and still haven’t received any complete email. I tried reaching out but they gave me that email above. When I go to my portal, everything is there and all the sections are completed. At the bottom where it thanks you for submitting the application it still says they will notify me when my file complete. I even checked to see if my payment went through, which it did. So I just think they haven’t got to me somehow.
Oh no, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried calling? I don't know about EVMS, but I had the same issue with Albany so I called them and found out that they can initiate completion through phone as long as you have everything on your application. So I assume EVMS may be able to do something similar.

Also, I have the same message about they will notify me when I'm complete on my application. So I wouldn't worry about that!

Oh no, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried calling? I don't know about EVMS, but I had the same issue with Albany so I called them and found out that they can initiate completion through phone as long as you have everything on your application. So I assume EVMS may be able to do something similar.
I haven’t called them but that’s because I thought they were only taking emails, but I will if I don’t hear anything still. I actually just emailed them with an update to my application so I also asked if I had any other materials that needed to be sent so hopefully I’ll hear something tomorrow.

Can someone who has interviewed/received the confirmation email elaborate on the schedule for the day, generally? Are they doing a full day of synchronous informational sessions + interviews, or is it mainly just going to a short interview and reviewing information on your own? Trying to figure out if I need to take the entire work day off, or just a half day for my afternoon time slot!
Replying to my own question for future readers. The day of your interview, you just need to be present for the scheduled time. There are no other informational events if it's on a Friday. On Wednesdays, interviewees from that day and the upcoming Friday can attend information sessions about fin aid, student life, diversity, etc. These should also be recorded in case you cannot make it.

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks for the advice - I reached out and and was told my my letter from a math professor didn't count as a Science letter (I didn't realize or read up well enough apparently). Lol time to scramble and beg a science professor I havent talked to in years to write me one ASAP since this is one of my top choices.

II this morning around 9, OOS, Complete 8/22

EDIT: They're only into early October!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II today orm oos, 3.89 gpa 3.84 sgpa 511 mcat

II received today! OOS, ORM
LM 72 (514, cGPA: 3.93, sGPA: 3.87)

Complete 08/24/20!
Jeez that was quick!! Congrats! Just wondering, do you think your app had anything that really fit the school’s mission? EVMS is one of my top choices and I am just so nervous

Jeez that was quick!! Congrats! Just wondering, do you think your app had anything that really fit the school’s mission? EVMS is one of my top choices and I am just so nervous
Thank you!! My app does focus on community health and social justice advocacy. I helped start a few global health/anti-trafficking organizations in my community, so not exactly sure if that may have caught their eyes. I also have IS ties to the region that I was fortunately able to express in my secondary. Hoping that this helps and that you hear good news soon, good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats!! just out of curiosity, was this the date u received the complete email or when you had all your materials in?
This was my complete email! I had all materials turned in 08/18

Is there anyone who has completed their interview already? I just have a few questions about the interview day format online since interviews are only 45 minutes long ish. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone rescheduled their interview for this school? I want to but unsure if they already are like out in november or december

Edit: for future reference they do not reschedule interviews