2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am seeing people who were complete after me get interviews and I still haven't heard back yet. Should I be worried and just accept that I am not getting an interview?
+1

Members don't see this ad.

I am seeing people who were complete after me get interviews and I still haven't heard back yet. Should I be worried and just accept that I am not getting an interview?
Interviews aren't sent chronologically. Interviews are likely sent based on stat/application stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary finally received! They sent me the email 4 times haha. Verified 7/15

Reactions: 1 user
Loooool I thought I got screened out but I got secondaries just right now! Out of state, LM 71, ORM, verified 7/15

At long last, I got the secondary just now! Primary was submitted 7/20, OOS.

Does anyone know how strict EVMS is regarding the letter of recommendation from science professors? I was a neuro major undergrad, so one of my science letters is from a psych professor. MSAR didn't give a lot of details, but now that I'm reading the secondary I see it says "Physical Science" and worry that won't count.

Just submitted my secondary here. It said I will be notified when my file is complete. Do we receive an email when it is complete? How soon after? Bc I haven’t received anything.

Just submitted my secondary here. It said I will be notified when my file is complete. Do we receive an email when it is complete? How soon after? Bc I haven’t received anything.

I submitted secondary on 8/8 and received complete email on 8/14

Members don't see this ad :)
Stressing here as people get II and I still don’t have a secondary. Verified 7/16

I have yet to receive a secondary from this college, should I be worried? I submitted on august 1st.

I was verified 6/2 and didn’t receive a secondary until 8/5. They do screen so it takes them a little more time to send out secondaries.

I have yet to receive a secondary from this college, should I be worried? I submitted on august 1st.

I wouldn't be too concerned. They seem to be doing them in waves... They also send out pre-secondary rejections so the fact that you didn't get that is a good sign.

OOS secondary today. Verified 7/21. 3.44c, 3.49s, 512, lots of clinical hours

Do you receive a complete email after submitting the secondary? If so how long afterward? I saw someone asked this question earlier but I didn't see an answer

Do you receive a complete email after submitting the secondary? If so how long afterward? I saw someone asked this question earlier but I didn't see an answer

I got my complete email today after submitting my secondary on 8/13.

got this secondary about a week ago and it's my last one out of 25 to submit. Safe to say this is a hard secondary to answer

Submitted secondary on 8/8 and still haven't gotten my complete email... should I email them or just wait it out?

I just want a secondary. Just a crumb :cryi:

Reactions: 5 users
did anyone get a confirmation email about their interview after they scheduled it?

Finally got the secondary, verified 7/16 OOS

hi! IS here (actually from 757) and was verified 7/16. reapplicant and was WL to EVMS the last cycle and unfortunately did not make it. JUST got my secondary today, so please do not panic if you haven't gotten anything yet. the holistic review they do will make the process longer but it's better in the long run because they really want to know each applicant and who they are and it'll make the rest of the process more enjoyable.

Got the complete e-mail. Submitted yesterday.

When completing the secondary application and assigning prerequisite courses (1 year Bio, Chem, GenChem, Physics), how should I do this if my lecture and lab were together on my transcript? EVMS asks for them separately in the prerequisite course portion of the secondary. Did anyone else run into this same problem?

When completing the secondary application and assigning prerequisite courses (1 year Bio, Chem, GenChem, Physics), how should I do this if my lecture and lab were together on my transcript? EVMS asks for them separately in the prerequisite course portion of the secondary. Did anyone else run into this same problem?
I just put the course twice

A little late to the party, but got secondary 8/21, sent primary in 8/11! Almost gave me a heart attack at work lol. Literally made an acct today so I could start participating in these threads

Secondary received today. I'm OOS (but in a state that borders VA), non-trad, got my primary approved 7/18. Really bad cGPA (slightly under 3.2), 3.5x in post-bacc, not great MCAT (but retaking). Lots of scribing, research, and leadership experience though. I was fully expecting to get an R pre-secondary, so I am glad that the holistic screening is real!

TLDR: Bad stats, decent ECs/experiences, got secondary >1 month after being approved through AAMC

Got my secondary today. OOS w/ no ties to the region but really aligned to their mission. Verified 8/4. LM 69

Just got my complete email
Secondary submitted 8/17
Complete email 8/24

submitted secondary 8/13 and haven't received complete email. Are other people still waiting from that far back or should I contact admissions?

Dang I submitted my secondary August 6 andI don’t think I saw a complete email.

I got my secondary this morning submitted 8/18! OOS LM: 62

II! LM ~70. OOS, no ties, ORM. Complete email received 8/6. If there are any current students lurking, I would love the opportunity to PM you!

I graduated this year, you're welcome to PM me too!

Just recieved II! Secondary Complete 7/31. IS (from that area) cGPA 3.72 MCAT 510

Reactions: 3 users