2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how strict EVMS is regarding the letter of recommendation from science professors? I was a neuro major undergrad, so one of my science letters is from a psych professor. MSAR didn't give a lot of details, but now that I'm reading the secondary I see it says "Physical Science" and worry that won't count.
 
Just submitted my secondary here. It said I will be notified when my file is complete. Do we receive an email when it is complete? How soon after? Bc I haven’t received anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you receive a complete email after submitting the secondary? If so how long afterward? I saw someone asked this question earlier but I didn't see an answer
 
Do you receive a complete email after submitting the secondary? If so how long afterward? I saw someone asked this question earlier but I didn't see an answer

I got my complete email today after submitting my secondary on 8/13.
 
Submitted secondary on 8/8 and still haven't gotten my complete email... should I email them or just wait it out?
 
did anyone get a confirmation email about their interview after they scheduled it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi! IS here (actually from 757) and was verified 7/16. reapplicant and was WL to EVMS the last cycle and unfortunately did not make it. JUST got my secondary today, so please do not panic if you haven't gotten anything yet. the holistic review they do will make the process longer but it's better in the long run because they really want to know each applicant and who they are and it'll make the rest of the process more enjoyable.
 
When completing the secondary application and assigning prerequisite courses (1 year Bio, Chem, GenChem, Physics), how should I do this if my lecture and lab were together on my transcript? EVMS asks for them separately in the prerequisite course portion of the secondary. Did anyone else run into this same problem?
 
When completing the secondary application and assigning prerequisite courses (1 year Bio, Chem, GenChem, Physics), how should I do this if my lecture and lab were together on my transcript? EVMS asks for them separately in the prerequisite course portion of the secondary. Did anyone else run into this same problem?
I just put the course twice
 
A little late to the party, but got secondary 8/21, sent primary in 8/11! Almost gave me a heart attack at work lol. Literally made an acct today so I could start participating in these threads
 
Secondary received today. I'm OOS (but in a state that borders VA), non-trad, got my primary approved 7/18. Really bad cGPA (slightly under 3.2), 3.5x in post-bacc, not great MCAT (but retaking). Lots of scribing, research, and leadership experience though. I was fully expecting to get an R pre-secondary, so I am glad that the holistic screening is real!

TLDR: Bad stats, decent ECs/experiences, got secondary >1 month after being approved through AAMC
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad