2020-2021 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 8/5 and still waiting! Hoping to hear back from this school soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
About to submit my secondary for Emory, I know they say to have a headshot against a plain background. The headshot I have been using for all my other secondaries was taken outside and has a building in the background, should I retake it against a white wall for this secondary or is the one I have okay? The one I have is very professional looking, I am wearing a suit and it is to the right dimensions they request.

Change Image Background – remove.bg

I used this site ^ to change the background in my professional headshot! There is a plain white background option and it took 10 sec to do.

Reactions: 1 users
About to submit my secondary for Emory, I know they say to have a headshot against a plain background. The headshot I have been using for all my other secondaries was taken outside and has a building in the background, should I retake it against a white wall for this secondary or is the one I have okay? The one I have is very professional looking, I am wearing a suit and it is to the right dimensions they request.
My picture has an orange background and I still received an II

My picture has an orange background and I still received an II

Hey Veggie Lover, if that's a real photo of you, you may want to consider changing it to remain anonymous. I suggest a portrait of your favorite vegetable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hey Veggie Lover, if that's a real photo of you, you may want to consider changing it to remain anonymous. I suggest a portrait of your favorite vegetable.
Thank you!!

Reactions: 3 users
Question about the interview. In "zoom guidelines" it says to "Log on to Zoom using the Emory account: https://emory.zoom.us. Click “Join Meeting” and type in the Zoom Meeting ID from your interview confirmation email." When you click the link and click the log-in button it brings you to a site where you need a network ID which is not given to applicants. What are we supposed to be logging into then? Do we just click "Join a Meeting" instead of clicking "Log in"? It also says that we should not use our personal zoom accounts so I am confused what we are actually supposed to be logging into?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Question about the interview. In "zoom guidelines" it says to "Log on to Zoom using the Emory account: https://emory.zoom.us. Click “Join Meeting” and type in the Zoom Meeting ID from your interview confirmation email." When you click the link and click the log-in button it brings you to a site where you need a network ID which is not given to applicants. What are we supposed to be logging into then? Do we just click "Join a Meeting" instead of clicking "Log in"? It also says that we should not use our personal zoom accounts so I am confused what we are actually supposed to be logging into?
Thank you!

If you hit "Join a Meeting" instead of "Sign In", you will be taken to a page that simply asks for your Zoom Meeting ID.

If you hit "Join a Meeting" instead of "Sign In", you will be taken to a page that simply asks for your Zoom Meeting ID.
Perfect! Thank you!! I was a tad confused what the "sign-in" part of the instructions were, so this helps!

Is Emory still early in their interview cycle? Have they released many waves?

Reactions: 4 users
I kinda fell off the planet for 1 month. Do you guys think it's too late to submit a secondary here?

I kinda fell off the planet for 1 month. Do you guys think it's too late to submit a secondary here?

I went ahead and just submitted one fairly recently! If you're interested, I would definitely submit! It is on the later side to submit now, but September is still reasonable for this cycle based on what I've read from Goro and others.

Reactions: 2 users
Radio silence so far from my dream school, kinda nervous lol. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone whose had their interview, did they give you a date that they’ll notify you about a decision?

For anyone whose had their interview, did they give you a date that they’ll notify you about a decision?
In the pre-interview packet that they mailed, it said that the first acceptances would be sent via mail on October 26th, and then they have a round of decisions each month after that towards the end of the month

I went ahead and just submitted one fairly recently! If you're interested, I would definitely submit! It is on the later side to submit now, but September is still reasonable for this cycle based on what I've read from Goro and others.
how long did it take for you to receive their secondary after submitting primary?

how long did it take for you to receive their secondary after submitting primary?

I received it the day after I submitted my primary in late August. I think their screen is just the MCAT score minimum they've designated and as long as you meet that requirement you should receive the secondary quickly.

anyone else have this weird discrepancy between their complete date and the date LoRs were received on the secondary portal?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else have this weird discrepancy between their complete date and the date LoRs were received on the secondary portal?
I just checked after you posted, and it seems that my letters were 'received' exactly two months later.

there was a similar incident/scare on USC keck thread (they use the same amp platform for applications as emory does).. turns out that the LOR date is updated when you resubmit through AMCAS. so the date you're seeing for LORs is the last date you made a change through AMCAS (ie submit another primary to a different school)

Reactions: 6 users
does anyone not have a date written at all next to letters of reference?

Same. I don't have a date on the main status page for them. In the document status part, there is a received date by each of my letters of recommendation though.

there was a similar incident/scare on USC keck thread (they use the same amp platform for applications as emory does).. turns out that the LOR date is updated when you resubmit through AMCAS. so the date you're seeing for LORs is the last date you made a change through AMCAS (ie submit another primary to a different school)
ahh that makes sense. i did add another school on that updated day. thanks for the clarification!

Does anyone that's interviewed already mind discussing their experience or Emory's schedule for the day?

II 10 mins ago! Complete 7/23

Reactions: 10 users
Hey guys I have 2 questions:

1.) For people that got II's, did your status change from application ready to application under review before you got the invite?
2.) I know its early, but does anyone know if Emory accepts application updates/ update letters and where we upload those?

Thanks so much and congrats to everyone with II's!!

Hey guys I have 2 questions:

1.) For people that got II's, did your status change from application ready to application under review before you got the invite?
2.) I know its early, but does anyone know if Emory accepts application updates/ update letters and where we upload those?

Thanks so much and congrats to everyone with II's!!
I didn't check before the invite, but it says "your application is ready!" now