You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Emory
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No deposit! You're all setI don't see anywhere for a deposit, is that correct?
frenchgoddess57
New Member
ACCEPTED!!! phew now I can stop frantically checking the mail
congrats to everyone else yay!
congrats to everyone else yay!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PleaseLetMeIn789
Full Member
Can anyone talk about what the format of interview day is like?
Can anyone talk about what the format of interview day is like?
I can't recall specifics but they do a really good job of setting up the interview day for alot of opportunities for applicants to interact with eachother. It's really hard to achieve virtually but Emory did a phenomenal job with facilitating that bonding! Or atleast thats how I felt... On the down side to that, the way they facilitate this bonding is having you keep your webcam on at all times even if you need to take a break so you feel alittle pressured to be on camera a lot more which you start to feel at the end of the interview day.
PleaseLetMeIn789
Full Member
Oh wow! It seems like a very long day then. Are there at least scheduled breaks?I can't recall specifics but they do a really good job of setting up the interview day for alot of opportunities for applicants to interact with eachother. It's really hard to achieve virtually but Emory did a phenomenal job with facilitating that bonding! Or atleast thats how I felt... On the down side to that, the way they facilitate this bonding is having you keep your webcam on at all times even if you need to take a break so you feel alittle pressured to be on camera a lot more which you start to feel at the end of the interview day.
Oh wow! It seems like a very long day then. Are there at least scheduled breaks?
I don’t remember there being a formal break but I could be wrong...
D
deleted1062149
Are they still sending IIs?
Did anyone who interviewed on 10/12 hear back? I think I remember them saying we would be included in the October committee meeting but I don't believe I've seen anyone from that date say they were accepted yet.
II just now!
SHOCKED I heard from a school like Emory.
SHOCKED I heard from a school like Emory.
depaysement
Full Member
Complete date?II just now!
SHOCKED I heard from a school like Emory.
doctorhappypants
Full Member
we love a late working admissions staffII just now!
SHOCKED I heard from a school like Emory.
D
deleted899789
Congrats! When is your interview?II just now!
SHOCKED I heard from a school like Emory.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There were not! However, they were super cool about you being able to get up and go outside as long as you kept your camera on. I went to get coffee and snacks and ate while we hung out in the "waiting room" space and so did a lot of other people. It's a long day and I was exhausted at the end but they were SO nice and I honestly really enjoyed it.Oh wow! It seems like a very long day then. Are there at least scheduled breaks?
Congrats! When is your interview?
There are two December dates: 14 and 21st. I have to check my final exam schedule before choosing.
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
complete late July and still no word... are they done with giving out II?
Can anyone speak to the structure of the group interview?
D
deleted1065184
It's really just that. Group of 3-4 students and they ask the same tradition interview questions to everybody. It's really low stress though, so don't worry.Can anyone speak to the structure of the group interview?
No but good reputationHey guys, kind of a random question but is Emory considered a T20 school? Ik there isn’t an exact ranking but what’s the consensus?
Hey guys, kind of a random question but is Emory considered a T20 school? Ik there isn’t an exact ranking but what’s the consensus?
From what I understand, it’s kind of in the top20 spill over. Similar to Case, etc. This goes with the idea that there are “more than 20 schools in the top20”. It is in the top20 for RD ranking. It’s all kind of arbitrary though so everyone will have different opinions around cusp schools.
Hey guys, kind of a random question but is Emory considered a T20 school? Ik there isn’t an exact ranking but what’s the consensus?
USNWR
Hey guys, kind of a random question but is Emory considered a T20 school? Ik there isn’t an exact ranking but what’s the consensus?
"Top 25" I believe.
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
any clue if they are done sending II?
D
deleted1075607
ooofff everything I want to share during the interview is very personal :/It's really just that. Group of 3-4 students and they ask the same tradition interview questions to everybody. It's really low stress though, so don't worry.
D
deleted1065184
Yeah, and that's the drawback. Because a few answers definitely got personal for everybody.ooofff everything I want to share during the interview is very personal :/
Niquitem14
New Member
Got one Friday so I don't think they're done.any clue if they are done sending II?
If I were lucky enough to get an interview, my answers would get very personal too. I think you just go ahead and open up, tell your story, and know that your name and face are likely going to be a blur for those you're interviewing with, and you aren't really that likely to be classmates with them anyway, as most people Emory will choose will have multiple schools to pick from, as will you, hopefully. Don't let the other blurry Zoom people on the screen keep you from telling your story. Just go for it.ooofff everything I want to share during the interview is very personal :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
biogirl4732
New Member
I also got one Friday; LM 70, complete 8/14Got one Friday so I don't think they're done.
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
How far out is Emory scheduling interviews?I also got one Friday; LM 70, complete 8/14
How far out is Emory scheduling interviews?
Looks like their website says that they have interviews scheduled through February and that they will also be giving out II through that month as well.
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
I should have added *currently* I'm curious as to whether November/December dates are still available.Looks like their website says that they have interviews scheduled through February and that they will also be giving out II through that month as well.
Complete date?
July 31st.
What interview dates were available?II JUST NOW! LM 72 complete 7/19
What interview dates were available?
tons! lots of December-January dates
THank you so much for answering. Yay! That is surprising. 🙂tons! lots of December-January dates
Same! Such great vibes at Emory.One of my interviewers emailed to congratulate me. Made my day 🙂
Like post-interview decision? They have an acceptance release once a month I believedoes anyone have a gauge on when they would decide on ur interview? like how many weeks after?
my grades are awful this semester and im scared
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many people who submitted in July haven't even heard back yet. In this cycle, there is no "expect to hear by" date. We all just wait and pray to the pre-med gods for patience in the meantime.If I was complete early October, when should I expect an invite by, if at all lol?
i am kind of in your boat. complete mid september. not expecting a ton, but i couldn't just not submit itIf I was complete early October, when should I expect an invite by, if at all lol?
II just now! Complete 7/21.
D
deleted1055354
Stats? I also completed around the same time and this is one of my top choicesII just now! Complete 7/21.