You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Howard
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know if attending First Friday can increase your odds of getting an II?
When did you submit? Trying to see something...Howard sent an email saying they have reviewed my primary and secondary/ not missing any coursework. This was late September, should I update them or something? its been over a month since they said they finished reviewing everything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MermaidDoc
Full Member
August 16thWhen did you submit? Trying to see something...
hopefuldoc_123
Full Member
Does anyone know if attending First Friday can increase your odds of getting an II?
Not sure. I did not attend First Friday and received an interview. I don't think there is any way to tell unfortunately.
MD.Loading
Full Member
I am!Is anyone attending First Friday this Friday?
godsgirly4320
Full Member
they mentioned during the first friday session in August that they do look at First Friday attendance for people who attend first fridays
JustOneAcceptancePls
Full Member
they mentioned during the first friday session in August that they do look at First Friday attendance for people who attend first fridays
Not me immediately sprinting to their website to sign up after reading this lol
According to my WARS score I shouldn't have even applied to MD programs but have 3 MD II's lol. Take it with a grain of salt.Is anyone else confused in how WARS works? Is this even it? And how do you know what score goes in each section? View attachment 321942
How long does First Fridays typically last?
MD.Loading
Full Member
Hey everyone, so it's kind of a last minute idea but I'm thinking of applying to some 1 year biomedical science programs to have an option should this cycle not go according to plan lol. Does anyone know of some decent institutions that have something like this?
UAB (Univ. AL Birmingham) I just finished an 11 month biomedical and health sciences masters program/smp there.Hey everyone, so it's kind of a last minute idea but I'm thinking of applying to some 1 year biomedical science programs to have an option should this cycle not go according to plan lol. Does anyone know of some decent institutions that have something like this?
Hey everyone, so it's kind of a last minute idea but I'm thinking of applying to some 1 year biomedical science programs to have an option should this cycle not go according to plan lol. Does anyone know of some decent institutions that have something like this?
Search SDN, I’m sure there are some threads on that.
It’s smart to have a back up plan, but I sure hope you get ints
godsgirly4320
Full Member
I went in August, and I believe it was at around 3.5 hours, but was supposed to be scheduled for 2 hours, but not everyone stayed the entire timeHow long does First Fridays typically last?
Tulane SOM Masters of Anatomy. There’s a lot of SMP’s at Tulane but I think Anatomy has the edge bc we took medical school courses alongside the first years. PM me if you want details!
Hey everyone, so it's kind of a last minute idea but I'm thinking of applying to some 1 year biomedical science programs to have an option should this cycle not go according to plan lol. Does anyone know of some decent institutions that have something like this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On another note, did y’all vote? 🤔
On another note, did y’all vote? 🤔
I voted early!
Chels1017
Full Member
Sure did. We gotta get orange Satan out the Oval Office. I’m going to sleep and waking up to a new President hopefully.On another note, did y’all vote? 🤔
Same!I voted early!
Sure did. We gotta get orange Satan out the Oval Office. I’m going to sleep and waking up to a new President hopefully.
haha yes!!! Anyone else exited for med school because of the hope of escaping their red state? ♀️
SameI signed up for the first Friday but I have not revived a link or anything to join. Can someone share it with me please? Or does anyone know how I can find it?
Meeeee! Alabama has really showed its’ behind. I’ve gotta goooo!haha yes!!! Anyone else exited for med school because of the hope of escaping their red state? ♀
They will probably send a link later! Not sure though. People who have attended First Friday, when was the link provided?I signed up for the first Friday but I have not revived a link or anything to join. Can someone share it with me please? Or does anyone know how I can find it?
godsgirly4320
Full Member
i received it about 4 days before!They will probably send a link later! Not sure though. People who have attended First Friday, when was the link provided?
My state almost flipped!!haha yes!!! Anyone else exited for med school because of the hope of escaping their red state? ♀
Anyone have an inkling of how far into December schools will interview? First week of Dec latest? Second week? Or, after November, should we be expecting II's with 2021 dates?
Expect most, if not all schools to hand out II's until March, but there will probably be fewer II's being given out as we get closer and closer to March.Anyone have an inkling of how far into December schools will interview? First week of Dec latest? Second week? Or, after November, should we be expecting II's with 2021 dates?
Anyone have an inkling of how far into December schools will interview? First week of Dec latest? Second week? Or, after November, should we be expecting II's with 2021 dates?
at the last first Friday Howard said they would have interviews till first week of April!
I ask because aren't schools going on holiday break??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ask because aren't schools going on holiday break??
Do med schools ever really take a break?
They certainly don’t take a 4-6 week winter break like colleges do!Do med schools ever really take a break?

I ask because aren't schools going on holiday break??
They do, some of them even email when they are going on a break
Do we all get separate links? If not do you mind sharing yours?i received it about 4 days before!
Yeah I haven’t gotten my link either, I think I’m gonna call them about it.
So I just called, they said links should be sent between this evening and tomorrow morningYeah I haven’t gotten my link either, I think I’m gonna call them about it.
Thanks for calling them!So I just called, they said links should be sent between this evening and tomorrow morning
Hi guys, I am over the two week mark for sending the secondary- can I still submit it to them?
Also did anyone get II with sub 500 mcat score?
MD.Loading
Full Member
You can submit as long as the deadline hasn't passed but most people recommend 2 weeks as the MAX turnaround for making a good impression and streamlining your app. Personally I completed all mine in 1 week but at this point just send it in. Good luck!Hi guys, I am over the two week mark for sending the secondary- can I still submit it to them?
Finally got the link for First Friday!
I thought it was an interview invite lolFinally got the link for First Friday!
at the last first Friday Howard said they would have interviews till first week of April!
Hello! Since you’ve attended last Friday, I was wondering if being on camera and speaking is a requirement?
I understand they put that in the etiquette but I will be at work and really wanted to attend but I’m not sure how much I will be able to speak.
+1Hello! Since you’ve attended last Friday, I was wondering if being on camera and speaking is a requirement?
I understand they put that in the etiquette but I will be at work and really wanted to attend but I’m not sure how much I will be able to speak.
Not sure if I'll be able to participate either. How long is it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Funny story. I'm a birth doula and my client went into labor this morning. No First Friday for me is what it's looking like. We got a baby on the way!!
+1
Not sure if I'll be able to participate either. How long is it?
I believe I read someone say that it was 2-3 hours.
I was still planning to join and see. I don't see how everyone would be able to participate since they're all Friday's at 12PM :/
Stuck as well
elrm257
Full Member
Ive been here for 10 min lolStuck as well