2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed the other day and this was their response:

Thank you for considering Howard University College of Medicine. HUCM does a full review of your file within 4-8 weeks, however; HUCM does not provide status or accept advice requests. As information becomes available, or if more information is needed, an email will be sent to your email address which has been uploaded in your AMCAS application.”

Last thing I heard from them was they received and reviewed my secondary....on 8/12 🙃

Do you think it would be okay to ask about my application status? Been under review since early September
 
I emailed the other day and this was their response:

Thank you for considering Howard University College of Medicine. HUCM does a full review of your file within 4-8 weeks, however; HUCM does not provide status or accept advice requests. As information becomes available, or if more information is needed, an email will be sent to your email address which has been uploaded in your AMCAS application.”

Last thing I heard from them was they received and reviewed my secondary....on 8/12 🙃
I laugh at the 4-8 weeks bit. Been complete since 8/22 for them.
 
Hi guys I was wondering what happens during the Friday discussions - they say to dress formally? Do we have to attend? If we attend does it help with II?
 
I emailed the other day and this was their response:

Thank you for considering Howard University College of Medicine. HUCM does a full review of your file within 4-8 weeks, however; HUCM does not provide status or accept advice requests. As information becomes available, or if more information is needed, an email will be sent to your email address which has been uploaded in your AMCAS application.”

Last thing I heard from them was they received and reviewed my secondary....on 8/12 🙃
Thank you for this. Waiting sucks
 
You don’t have to dress formally, but pretty much everyone I saw was dressed at least business casual. No clue if it helps seeing that I attended the very first one and unfortunately still have no II, but they do keep track of who attended.
Ah do we have to say anything during the session? Is there anything I have to prepare for? and we have to keep our cameras on?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i was also wondering if you were to register for the Friday session and not attend because of urgent work, will this count against you?
 
I emailed the other day and this was their response:

Thank you for considering Howard University College of Medicine. HUCM does a full review of your file within 4-8 weeks, however; HUCM does not provide status or accept advice requests. As information becomes available, or if more information is needed, an email will be sent to your email address which has been uploaded in your AMCAS application.”

Last thing I heard from them was they received and reviewed my secondary....on 8/12 🙃
Same here!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews/not close to filling up the class?
The Facebook group is a good indicator to watch. Earlier it was said a few times that that group has 79 (with current students and some administrators). Now it’s at 81. So it’s not full. They keep interviewing until April
 
The Facebook group is a good indicator to watch. Earlier it was said a few times that that group has 79 (with current students and some administrators). Now it’s at 81. So it’s not full. They keep interviewing until April
how many people are in their accepting class 125?
 
You don’t have to dress formally, but pretty much everyone I saw was dressed at least business casual. No clue if it helps seeing that I attended the very first one and unfortunately still have no II, but they do keep track of who attended.
Hey do you know how long the Zoom is?
 
Yea stats don’t really matter with this school they are looking for specific individuals. One of the students doing the first friday admitted having a sub 500 mcat. And you can that the people who go there are special and care about the mission!

This! I have pretty significant volunteer hours / “compelling” story. It’s just a fact that they probably think my story doesn’t fit with their mission, and that’s ok!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad