2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys believe that if you haven't received an acceptance yet from a school, that you should start preparing for next cycle?

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys believe that if you haven't received an acceptance yet from a school, that you should start preparing for next cycle?
Yes! In the first week send letter of intent to your top choice that you were fortunate enough to interview! If you had no interview, I would start preparing for the next cycle (or mcat retake) by mid February! But the decision is subjective and different for each case

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We should always be ready with our plan B's. But I know that Howard interviews into April from the First Friday discussions.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a planner so I always prepare at least 3 possible ways forward and honest it couldn't hurt, unless there are financial restrictions but don't do it because you dont believe in yourself, do it because you feel compelled to!

• Care
Has anyone received a random email o regarding your application?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah got something that said my app had been reviewed, and how interviews will be sent.

Is this some sort of hold??

I received an email late last night saying that my primary and secondary has been reviewed and ask me to make sure that my RLs from at least 2 science/math professors and to make sure to finish prerequisites before matriculation.

Yeah got something that said my app had been reviewed, and how interviews will be sent.

I’m not sure! I hope it means we are being considered for interviews.

Reactions: 4 users
I got one last night too! According to previous posters this is only a courtesy communication email. There were some people who received an II without receiving this email but I sure hope it mean something lol

You mean other than the initial email immediately after submitting just saying your app had been received?

Some of us received an email at a really random time stating our primary and secondary app has been reviewed.

Edit: android loves to autocorrect to the wrong wording.

Last edited:
I received an email late last night saying that my primary and secondary has been reviewed and ask me to make sure that my RLs from at least 2 science/math professors and to make sure to finish prerequisites before matriculation.
My heart dropped seeing the email, lol

Members don't see this ad :)

oh that’s interesting. i got this email in november but haven’t heard anything since.. i wonder how often they meet lol

I sent mine in the same day I submitted my primary app

Has anyone who submitted mid-October heard back?

How about August lol?
I submitting primary and secondary in august, got the email saying my app was reviewed in August, got the II in November. I think that email is just letting you know it’s been reviewed once not sure tho

I submitting primary and secondary in august, got the email saying my app was reviewed in August, got the II in November. I think that email is just letting you know it’s been reviewed once not sure tho
I've lost all hope, got the under review email 8/31. Haven't heard anything and I even sent an update about a new job in October.

Ugh it just feels so late in the cycle that even if we were to get an II, we wouldn’t hear back until April or something

Ugh it just feels so late in the cycle that even if we were to get an II, we wouldn’t hear back until April or something
I agree but it’s still an acceptance to an amazing school! Stay positive ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I agree but it’s still an acceptance to an amazing school! Stay positive ❤️
Oops sorry I was alluding to the fact that usually at this stage in the process (Feb.), schools that are interviewing put tons of people on the WL because most of the class is already full. Like why cant HU love me already?!

• Care
Oops sorry I was alluding to the fact that usually at this stage in the process (Feb.), schools that are interviewing put tons of people on the WL because most of the class is already full. Like why cant HU love me already?!
I feel the same! But I think they still have a ways to go! And I heard there’s a lot of WL movement at the end as well! HBCU is my top dream 😭

Reactions: 3 users
Nice to know that IIs are still going out. Just received an II this evening. Complete 10/13/20

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I am so heartbroken. Still no II and was complete 9/14 but my MCAT was sent 9/28. You can definitely not put all your eggs in one basket during this process

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
mind sharing how far out they're scheduling interviews? congrats!!
Yeah sure. Email said that they interview 8-10 candidates per interview day and the dates offered were 2/10, 2/17, and 2/23.

Sorry if this is already in here, but went back a few pages and didn’t see any intel. Can anybody enlighten me on general feel and agenda for interview day?

Does anyone know how many people are in the FB group now?

Hey guys! Did anyone hear back after the 1/13 interview?