You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Howard
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No, because the email is an acknowledgment that all your materials have been received and are under review. You do not have an MCAT yet so your file is not considered complete nor will it be reviewed until then.Do you think it’s worth sending an email about it?
philip675645
Full Member
For the Howard optional "Please provide below any additional information", I was wondering if its ok to talk about anything outside the examples they gave (additional coursework, problems with academic record; disadvantaged). If I don't have anything to talk about regarding the topic of the examples they gave should I just leave it blank? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
godsgirly4320
Full Member
For anyone who took the both SAT/ACT, are you submitting both scores/all your scores? and if you took the ACT, did you have to call them to get into your account again? i took these tests 7 years ago lol
psychneuro33
Full Member
I was able to get into my ACT account by chance that I remembered my information, but I couldn't get my SAT scores. I read that if you call and pay to get your SAT scores, they'll send them so I opted not to do that. You ACT scores should still be on file if you can somehow remember your account info, or possibly callFor anyone who took the both SAT/ACT, are you submitting both scores/all your scores? and if you took the ACT, did you have to call them to get into your account again? i took these tests 7 years ago lol
jwar79
Full Member
I was wondering if a head shot I got for athletics would be appropriate for the picture they wanted. It was taken by a professional this year and I was in my team's warmups but I am not sure if that would be frowned upon. I do not have a suit with me so I was wondering if I was going to have to get one and have a friend take a picture of me in it.
I was wondering if a head shot I got for athletics would be appropriate for the picture they wanted. It was taken by a professional this year and I was in my team's warmups but I am not sure if that would be frowned upon. I do not have a suit with me so I was wondering if I was going to have to get one and have a friend take a picture of me in it.
You should be in a suit or at least business casual.
Hey peeps!
Howard re-applicant here. Just received my new MCAT score today but I have a Casper test retake scheduled for September 9th.
Will my application be placed on hold until the admissions get a hold of my Casper test?
Howard re-applicant here. Just received my new MCAT score today but I have a Casper test retake scheduled for September 9th.
Will my application be placed on hold until the admissions get a hold of my Casper test?
godsgirly4320
Full Member
does anyone understand the "Pre-requisite Coursework" grid when it says, "Science: If your lecture/lab are combined courses, please type "combined" along with credit hours. For instance, "4.0(combined)". Then, you do not have to enter a lab course."? like the grid doesn't give you an option to type anything in it right? just to select your courses from AMCAS?
does anyone understand the "Pre-requisite Coursework" grid when it says, "Science: If your lecture/lab are combined courses, please type "combined" along with credit hours. For instance, "4.0(combined)". Then, you do not have to enter a lab course."? like the grid doesn't give you an option to type anything in it right? just to select your courses from AMCAS?
Yeah, if you have a combined lec/lab you will just have one entry
godsgirly4320
Full Member
thanks! so what's the deal with the "type combined" instruction? there's no way to make modifications, and my class doesn't have the "with lab" in the name because that's not how it's listed on my transcript, so how else could I tell them it's with a lab?Yeah, if you have a combined lec/lab you will just have one entry
thanks! so what's the deal with the "type combined" instruction? there's no way to make modifications, and my class doesn't have the "with lab" in the name because that's not how it's listed on my transcript, so how else could I tell them it's with a lab?
I think they can tell by the credit hours. Lectures tend to be 3 credit hours and labs 1 hour so if they see 4 credit hours and that you didn’t list a lab they will usually assume that this is a combined lec/lab
godsgirly4320
Full Member
Thank you so much! Best of luck 🙂I think they can tell by the credit hours. Lectures tend to be 3 credit hours and labs 1 hour so if they see 4 credit hours and that you didn’t list a lab they will usually assume that this is a combined lec/lab
philip675645
Full Member
Would it be ok to put gap year plans in the Howard additional info essay?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that seems like the best place for it, yes.Would it be ok to put gap year plans in the Howard additional info essay?
godsgirly4320
Full Member
just as a heads up in case they might help anyone else, my SAT/ACT scores were also reported on my university's unofficial transcript in case you have any trouble finding yours via College Board or the ACT website
D
deleted1065184
Not even gonna lie, I took my ACT 11 years ago so the score I put was my best possible guess from memory. Let's hope I guessed right hahajust as a heads up in case they might help anyone else, my SAT/ACT scores were also reported on my university's unofficial transcript in case you have any trouble finding yours via College Board or the ACT website
godsgirly4320
Full Member
i did not get an email, but i also only submitted the secondary yesterday. what was the email about?Anyone else just got this email about coursework requirements? WHy they playing with my mind lol? unfair 🙁
ABout ensuring that I have entered in all my coursework requirements.i did not get an email, but i also only submitted the secondary yesterday. what was the email about?
Anyone else just got this email about coursework requirements? WHy they playing with my mind lol? unfair 🙁
I didn't
godsgirly4320
Full Member
I just received a "secondary received/application complete" email, so maybe follow up with them to see what they might be inquiring about your pre reqs?Anyone else just got this email about coursework requirements? WHy they playing with my mind lol? unfair 🙁
There are no secondary essays? I havent applied to this school but am seriously considering it now that I know there arent any secondary essays lolNo essays it seems like, ya'll better submit ASAP!
Yea, it says in the bottom of the email that all my prereqs are complete and have been received by the schoolI just received a "secondary received/application complete" email, so maybe follow up with them to see what they might be inquiring about your pre reqs?
@gung11 There are 4 secondary essay questions as well as some information to fill out on their portal.There are no secondary essays? I havent applied to this school but am seriously considering it now that I know there arent any secondary essays lol
Questions here: #69
Mine were on my high school transcript in my college administration portal.Did anyone not submit SAT scores? I can't seem to access mine, I took it so long ago
Any interview invites sent out?
Following as well..Any interview invites sent out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received! LM70, OOS, AA, complete 7/31
Mellyjelly123
Full Member
II received! LM70, OOS, AA, complete 7/31
Congrats!! What’s your stats?
D
deleted1065184
Oh wow, I wouldn't expected somebody would have posted on here lol...there's usually always at least 1 person.Yeah they started sending out invites since last week lol expect some news this week everyone
Do you happen to know people who got a II last week? Do you know when they were complete?Yeah they started sending out invites since last week lol expect some news this week everyone
Oh wow, I wouldn't expected somebody would have posted on here lol...there's usually always at least 1 person.
I was surprised too because I called the office regarding a confusing email they sent me about requirements, but after that I asked the ETA for invites to roll out and the lady told me they already been sending them out since last week. Shocking to see no one get one until today!
patchadams2
Full Member
my primary just went final today....received secondary invite, which I will turn in tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get an II since I got one last year.
should I have selected my graduate courses that filled the prereqs, I just chose my undergrad courses 🙁
SDN readers are only a small percent of applicantsI was surprised too because I called the office regarding a confusing email they sent me about requirements, but after that I asked the ETA for invites to roll out and the lady told me they already been sending them out since last week. Shocking to see no one get one until today!
D
deleted1065184
True, but usually large enough that at least 1 person will let you know they've gotten an interview...especially when it has been over a week lolSDN readers are only a small percent of applicants
Mellyjelly123
Full Member
Congrats!! What are your stats?II received! LM 74, OOS. Complete on 08/20 (submitted early July though. Just had to wait for committee letter). Super excited!
Mellyjelly123
Full Member
Where’s the invite tracker?I see another II for Howard on the invite tracker. Applicant was complete 7/23 and got one today as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1065184
Where’s the invite tracker?
Congrats!! What’s your stats?
512, 3.8 cGPA, unique ECs
D
deleted1062113
3.6 513 AA com 8/20 have yet to hear back :/
D
deleted1062113
can you explain your unique EC?512, 3.8 cGPA, unique ECs
patchadams2
Full Member
Secondary done. Lets hope for a repeat of last year.