You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Howard
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope so!I'm thinking we should be getting a second wave soon, as they try to schedule them 3-4 weeks before the interview date. Fingers crossed for good news!!!


Hang in there y'all! This year has been rough for everyone, hopefully by the end of 2020 we can all rejoice in knowing we have an A from somewhere and this year wasn't a total bust! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has any one recieved first Friday link to join in tomorrow's zoom meeting?
Nope! What’s that?Has any one recieved first Friday link to join in tomorrow's zoom meeting?
First friday is a Q&A with the admissions office and they will present about their school mission's and what they are looking from the applicants. Its once in a month live sessionNope! What’s that?
D
deleted963608
Has any one recieved first Friday link to join in tomorrow's zoom meeting?
yeah I think they sent it out earlier this week.
I received it sometime around 1am today! If you register closer to the date I think it's just takes a bit for them to send you the link.Has any one recieved first Friday link to join in tomorrow's zoom meeting?
Do u mind sending me the linkI received it sometime around 1am today! If you register closer to the date I think it's just takes a bit for them to send you the link.
Edit*Do u mind sending me the link
I received their link. Thank you
hey guys I have 3.1cgpa, 2.9sgpa, 496 MCAT should I complete this school's secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they start the session?
I dont think so, Its telling me that it will start shortlydid they start the session?
Chels1017
Full Member
No unfortunatelyAre you guys able to get in?
Chels1017
Full Member
Do you mind sharing the link?did they start the session?
hey guys I have 3.1cgpa, 2.9sgpa, 496 MCAT should I complete this school's secondary?
I vote yes.
Any info from the first Friday about the next interview invites?
II on friday evening!
II on friday evening!
Congratz and thanks for sharing. Complete when?
Mellyjelly123
Full Member
Congrats!!!!! What’s your stats?II on friday evening!
CongratulationsII on friday evening!
patchadams2
Full Member
I'm considering sending a letter of interest and mention in the letter that I interviewed and was waitlisted last year. What do y'all think??
Congratz and thanks for sharing. Complete when?
I was complete on 8/21!
Congratulations
Thank you!
Congrats!!!!! What’s your stats?
URM, 510, 3.6cGPA, 3.4sGPA, interesting ECs! I'm also from the area and I have some experience with vulnerable communities in D.C.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
patchadams2
Full Member
That just means they added it to your local file. Once you submit everything it’s just a waiting game.Good morning everyone! Is there a way to check our application status? Or are we just waiting for any email from the school?
When I sent an update letter, I got an email saying that it has been uploaded onto my AMCAS app. I logged into my AMCAS but could not figure out what they meant by "uploaded onto my AMCAS application" :\
Does anyone know if applicants with an mcat score of 494 or below 500 have received an interview at this school ?
Mellyjelly123
Full Member
Does anyone know if applicants with an mcat score of 494 or below 500 have received an interview at this school ?
for this cycle, not yet. Higher stat applicants tend to have more love in the beginning.
however, the past 1-2 years I saw a 497 and 499 get admitted, via SDN
Thanks for the infofor this cycle, not yet. Higher stat applicants tend to have more love in the beginning.
however, the past 1-2 years I saw a 497 and 499 get admitted, via SDN
Mellyjelly123
Full Member
Any new ii ? I submitted my secondary mid Aug, nothing so far..
nope... waiting for my mcat score next week
Submitted 7/23, nothing yet eitherAny new ii ? I submitted my secondary mid Aug, nothing so far..
Hey I got an email saying application reviewed. Not interview or rejection? Weird?
A friend got that too. Nothing since, When were you complete?
Completed 08/19/2020A friend got that too. Nothing since, When were you complete?
MD.Loading
Full Member
So, I received some oddly generic but mildly specific invite to complete something but I'm not sure if it was the secondary. It did have some Howard specific questions but it was sent in an email that was identical to the email I received from several other schools where I used the gateway to complete it. Was this the secondary? I never received any confirmation of completion either.
So, I received some oddly generic but mildly specific invite to complete something but I'm not sure if it was the secondary. It did have some Howard specific questions but it was sent in an email that was identical to the email I received from several other schools where I used the gateway to complete it. Was this the secondary? I never received any confirmation of completion either.
If what you did was on AAMC, then yes, it was the secondary. A few schools use the same system for their secondary. You paid a fee ($75 if I remember correctly)?
MD.Loading
Full Member
Yep that's it. Ok thanks!If what you did was on AAMC, then yes, it was the secondary. A few schools use the same system for their secondary. You paid a fee ($75 if I remember correctly)?
Yep that's it. Ok thanks!
No problem! They sent me the secondary request on 9/25, I submitted it to them on 10/4, and they sent me an email the same day to confirm they received it and have everything else they need. ("This acknowledgement email means that all of your current documents have been received and your file is currently under full review. This could take 4-8 weeks for a full review.")
Hope that helps, too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they need your CASPer result before they can send out an Interview invite
Do they need your CASPer result before they can send out an Interview invite
No they don’t actually. I asked admissions maybe 3 times just to be on the safe side [emoji23]
ThanksNo they don’t actually. I asked admissions maybe 3 times just to be on the safe side [emoji23]
When did you submit your secondary?Got an email that says they are done reviewing my file, and it freaked me out lol. I guess all I can do I pray