You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Mercer
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So if we didn't get a call today, does that mean that we are being rolled over to the next month for a decision? Or are some acceptances given via email as well? I saw from earlier posts that the emails were sent a day or two after calls were made
No one from the Oct round found out about their acceptance via e-mail. Everyone who was accepted was called. Not to discourage you, but just so you don't stress out these next 48 hrs like I did. Only 2 people were accepted in Oct and it seems the same this round too. Mercer also accepts most of their class ED and only gives out acceptances for the # of seats they have. Because of this, they have **a lot** of waitlist movement that makes up for the low number of acceptances given out during the traditional cycle. So it's not unlikely to be given an acceptance in Jan/Feb/or even the day before classes (what happened to my friend). Idk, I found a lot of comfort in these findings. Good luck!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought you said they didnt send acceptance emails until later Friday?No one from the Oct round found out about their acceptance via e-mail. Everyone who was accepted was called. Not to discourage you, but just so you don't stress out these next 48 hrs like I did. Only 2 people were accepted in Oct and it seems the same this round too. Mercer also accepts most of their class ED and only gives out acceptances for the # of seats they have. Because of this, they have **a lot** of waitlist movement that makes up for the low number of acceptances given out during the traditional cycle. So it's not unlikely to be given an acceptance in Jan/Feb/or even the day before classes (what happened to my friend). Idk, I found a lot of comfort in these findings. Good luck!!!
I thought you said they didnt send acceptance emails until later Friday?
Right. Acceptance emails were sent out Friday at noon. But the only people who got the acceptance email were those that were called. No one new found out that they were accepted because of the email
gotcha!!Right. Acceptance emails were sent out Friday at noon. But the only people who got the acceptance email were those that were called. No one new found out that they were accepted because of the email
stressed student024
Full Member
Wait, only two people total are accepted each round or two people from SDN report being accepted??No one from the Oct round found out about their acceptance via e-mail. Everyone who was accepted was called. Not to discourage you, but just so you don't stress out these next 48 hrs like I did. Only 2 people were accepted in Oct and it seems the same this round too. Mercer also accepts most of their class ED and only gives out acceptances for the # of seats they have. Because of this, they have **a lot** of waitlist movement that makes up for the low number of acceptances given out during the traditional cycle. So it's not unlikely to be given an acceptance in Jan/Feb/or even the day before classes (what happened to my friend). Idk, I found a lot of comfort in these findings. Good luck!!!
Wait, only two people total are accepted each round or two people from SDN report being accepted??
2 people from the SDN report
TENZIN3000
New Member
Make it 3! Just got accepted via an email from my interviewer!!!
Official letter will come in 1-2 days per the email. Best of luck to everyone in the cycle!
Official letter will come in 1-2 days per the email. Best of luck to everyone in the cycle!
Anyone else now super panicked and depressed : )))) since they didn't get a call yesterday
Definitely not feeling great about it but it’s not over until we receive rejections. However we should carry on as if we were rejected so that we can start thinking about what our next application needs.Anyone else now super panicked and depressed : )))) since they didn't get a call yesterday
Didn't get a phone call, but received acceptance via email this a.m. (from admissions, not interviewer) & portal has been updated reflecting acceptance (definitely wasn't updated last night after the meeting). Interviewed mid-Oct. Best of luck to those still waiting!!
Make this 5! I saw the acceptance email & updated portal this morning & I have a missed call from yesterday but there’s no way to know who it was for sure without calling back lolDidn't get a phone call, but received acceptance via email this a.m. (from admissions, not interviewer) & portal has been updated reflecting acceptance (definitely wasn't updated last night after the meeting). Interviewed mid-Oct. Best of luck to those still waiting!!
Any chance of interview invite this late in the game?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a call at exactly 6:01... my heart was pounding... this was it, the whole past for years weren't for nothing. So I answered, almost tearing up at this point, and it was the Red Cross asking me for yet another blood donation lmao.Actual picture of me checking my email and phone impulsively yesterday and today hoping for an A....
Shaggy0814
New Member
Do they call on Thursdays? Or just Wednesday?
Complete on 10/12. When should I start worrying for not hearing back about an interview 🙁
They said Wednesdays but maybe on a Thursday if they were behind.Do they call on Thursdays? Or just Wednesday?
Did anyone who got accepted interview on 11/17?
is there a chance we would get an acceptance in other future meetings/rounds even if we've interviewed in the past?
Yes those who have been interviewed already but not accepted yet should have their apps reviewed every month until March I believe.is there a chance we would get an acceptance in other future meetings/rounds even if we've interviewed in the past?
Don't worry! They'll be sending out interview invites until the end of January I believe. Goodluck! I hope you hear back soon 🙂Complete on 10/12. When should I start worrying for not hearing back about an interview 🙁
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far. I know you worked extremely hard to earn that acceptance.
For those of us who have not received an acceptance after interviewing recently I want to put some good vibes out there. If you look back at old threads, there were people who interviewed in October but received acceptances in January, February, and March. Also, some were put on the waitlist and accepted off of the waitlist. All I’m trying to say is that it’s a marathon in this process even if you received a quick II and thought your interview went well. We have a few months to go before we really need to start worrying.
However, like I commented earlier, it would be wise for all of us without an acceptance to carry on like we received a rejection just in case that is what happens. But it’s not over officially until you receive an R.
For those of us who have not received an acceptance after interviewing recently I want to put some good vibes out there. If you look back at old threads, there were people who interviewed in October but received acceptances in January, February, and March. Also, some were put on the waitlist and accepted off of the waitlist. All I’m trying to say is that it’s a marathon in this process even if you received a quick II and thought your interview went well. We have a few months to go before we really need to start worrying.
However, like I commented earlier, it would be wise for all of us without an acceptance to carry on like we received a rejection just in case that is what happens. But it’s not over officially until you receive an R.
does anyone know when the next round of interviews will go out?
this Wednesday! Every 3rd Wednesday of the month.does anyone know when the next round of interviews will go out?
Anyone? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got the call!!!
optimisticpoet123
New Member
What time did you receive the call? And what are your stats and interview date if you don’t mind sharing!got the call!!!
cupidshuffle5
New Member
Congrats!!got the call!!!
Is Mercer behind this year? Doesn't seem to be much activity. There were twice as many SDN posts at this time last year.
Still haven't heard from them but also haven't been rejected yet...trying to see the silver lining lol. I would assume most of the seats are filled up now...Is Mercer behind this year? Doesn't seem to be much activity. There were twice as many SDN posts at this time last year.
Im not so sure yet, assuming people who are getting accepted are posting on this sub (10 people + 60 early acceptance (they accept about 1/2 of their class early)) there are still like 50 spots. But that all depends on if people who are getting accepted post about.Still haven't heard from them but also haven't been rejected yet...trying to see the silver lining lol. I would assume most of the seats are filled up now...
Current Mercer M2 on the Savannah campus. For some, welcome to the Mercer Family! For others, don’t fret yet. We had a few people in our class accepted as late as July. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.
Do you know if its common that you will interview and get an acceptance at the later committee meetings? I interviewed 11/17 and have had silence ever since (2 meetings have passed) now I'm panicking 🙂.Current Mercer M2 on the Savannah campus. For some, welcome to the Mercer Family! For others, don’t fret yet. We had a few people in our class accepted as late as July. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.
I can’t speak on behalf of the school and their current policies because I’m not at all involved with admissions; however, yes it is somewhat common for people to be accepted at a later date based on what I have heard from people in my class. I could name several people who were accepted after April, I think interviews ended in February when I applied.
is there a groupme or facebook group for those accepted already?
Mine started at 10:00 ended at 1:00What times are the interviews? I have not received any info on that yet but I wanna make sure it doesn’t conflict with my lab.
doctorhappypants
Full Member
thoughts on sending an update letter to mercer? do they still have II's to send out
Same, I remember somewhere in the beginning they said if we don't hear anything by Jan 15th, then its a rejection. So I don't know if its even worth it to send a letterthoughts on sending an update letter to mercer? do they still have II's to send out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the email they sent out once you completed the secondary, it says that the last day to receive an interview is January 28th at 5 pm for this cycle
I called nd they confirmed thisIn the email they sent out once you completed the secondary, it says that the last day to receive an interview is January 28th at 5 pm for this cycle
Don't be nervous! Honestly they were really nice and do their best to make the experience comfortable for everyone. I went in nervous too, but by the interview portion, I felt alot more relaxed. Just be yourself! I'm sure you'll do great 🙂.Interview next week. Any tips i’m very nervous
I don't really have any specific tips to give. I think everyone's experience just depends on the person. However, some things I did to help prepare was just reviewing the information on the school, practicing interview questions, and even writing down questions that I had for the interviewers. Goodluck next week though! 🙂
Last edited:
thank you so much !Don't be nervous! Honestly they were really nice and do their best to make the experience comfortable for everyone. I went in nervous too, but by the interview portion, I felt alot more relaxed. Just be yourself! I'm sure you'll do great 🙂.
I don't really have any specific tips to give. I think everyone's experience just depends on the person. However, some things I did to help prepare was just reviewing the information on the school, practicing interview questions, and even writing down questions that I had for the interviewers. Goodluck next week though! 🙂