2020-2021 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
So if we didn't get a call today, does that mean that we are being rolled over to the next month for a decision? Or are some acceptances given via email as well? I saw from earlier posts that the emails were sent a day or two after calls were made

Reactions: 1 users
So if we didn't get a call today, does that mean that we are being rolled over to the next month for a decision? Or are some acceptances given via email as well? I saw from earlier posts that the emails were sent a day or two after calls were made

No one from the Oct round found out about their acceptance via e-mail. Everyone who was accepted was called. Not to discourage you, but just so you don't stress out these next 48 hrs like I did. Only 2 people were accepted in Oct and it seems the same this round too. Mercer also accepts most of their class ED and only gives out acceptances for the # of seats they have. Because of this, they have **a lot** of waitlist movement that makes up for the low number of acceptances given out during the traditional cycle. So it's not unlikely to be given an acceptance in Jan/Feb/or even the day before classes (what happened to my friend). Idk, I found a lot of comfort in these findings. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
No one from the Oct round found out about their acceptance via e-mail. Everyone who was accepted was called. Not to discourage you, but just so you don't stress out these next 48 hrs like I did. Only 2 people were accepted in Oct and it seems the same this round too. Mercer also accepts most of their class ED and only gives out acceptances for the # of seats they have. Because of this, they have **a lot** of waitlist movement that makes up for the low number of acceptances given out during the traditional cycle. So it's not unlikely to be given an acceptance in Jan/Feb/or even the day before classes (what happened to my friend). Idk, I found a lot of comfort in these findings. Good luck!!!
I thought you said they didnt send acceptance emails until later Friday?

I thought you said they didnt send acceptance emails until later Friday?

Right. Acceptance emails were sent out Friday at noon. But the only people who got the acceptance email were those that were called. No one new found out that they were accepted because of the email

Reactions: 1 user
Wait, only two people total are accepted each round or two people from SDN report being accepted??

Make it 3! Just got accepted via an email from my interviewer!!!

Official letter will come in 1-2 days per the email. Best of luck to everyone in the cycle!

Reactions: 12 users
I wanna say I saw earlier that there was a groupme for ED and RD acceptances? Could someone pm and put me into it?

Anyone else now super panicked and depressed : )))) since they didn't get a call yesterday

Anyone else now super panicked and depressed : )))) since they didn't get a call yesterday
Definitely not feeling great about it but it’s not over until we receive rejections. However we should carry on as if we were rejected so that we can start thinking about what our next application needs.

Didn't get a phone call, but received acceptance via email this a.m. (from admissions, not interviewer) & portal has been updated reflecting acceptance (definitely wasn't updated last night after the meeting). Interviewed mid-Oct. Best of luck to those still waiting!!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't get a phone call, but received acceptance via email this a.m. (from admissions, not interviewer) & portal has been updated reflecting acceptance (definitely wasn't updated last night after the meeting). Interviewed mid-Oct. Best of luck to those still waiting!!
Make this 5! I saw the acceptance email & updated portal this morning & I have a missed call from yesterday but there’s no way to know who it was for sure without calling back lol

Reactions: 7 users
Any chance of interview invite this late in the game?

Reactions: 2 users
Actual picture of me checking my email and phone impulsively yesterday and today hoping for an A....

Attachments

• Clown.jpg
    Clown.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Sad
Actual picture of me checking my email and phone impulsively yesterday and today hoping for an A....
I got a call at exactly 6:01... my heart was pounding... this was it, the whole past for years weren't for nothing. So I answered, almost tearing up at this point, and it was the Red Cross asking me for yet another blood donation lmao.

Reactions: 7 users
Complete on 10/12. When should I start worrying for not hearing back about an interview :(

is there a chance we would get an acceptance in other future meetings/rounds even if we've interviewed in the past?

is there a chance we would get an acceptance in other future meetings/rounds even if we've interviewed in the past?
Yes those who have been interviewed already but not accepted yet should have their apps reviewed every month until March I believe.

Anyone else got confirmed for the Savannah Campus? Would love to have a group me or something!!

Complete on 10/12. When should I start worrying for not hearing back about an interview :(
Don't worry! They'll be sending out interview invites until the end of January I believe. Goodluck! I hope you hear back soon :)

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far. I know you worked extremely hard to earn that acceptance.

For those of us who have not received an acceptance after interviewing recently I want to put some good vibes out there. If you look back at old threads, there were people who interviewed in October but received acceptances in January, February, and March. Also, some were put on the waitlist and accepted off of the waitlist. All I’m trying to say is that it’s a marathon in this process even if you received a quick II and thought your interview went well. We have a few months to go before we really need to start worrying.

However, like I commented earlier, it would be wise for all of us without an acceptance to carry on like we received a rejection just in case that is what happens. But it’s not over officially until you receive an R.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
does anyone know when the next round of interviews will go out?

Is Mercer behind this year? Doesn't seem to be much activity. There were twice as many SDN posts at this time last year.

Is Mercer behind this year? Doesn't seem to be much activity. There were twice as many SDN posts at this time last year.
Still haven't heard from them but also haven't been rejected yet...trying to see the silver lining lol. I would assume most of the seats are filled up now...

Still haven't heard from them but also haven't been rejected yet...trying to see the silver lining lol. I would assume most of the seats are filled up now...
Im not so sure yet, assuming people who are getting accepted are posting on this sub (10 people + 60 early acceptance (they accept about 1/2 of their class early)) there are still like 50 spots. But that all depends on if people who are getting accepted post about.

Current Mercer M2 on the Savannah campus. For some, welcome to the Mercer Family! For others, don’t fret yet. We had a few people in our class accepted as late as July. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.

Reactions: 6 users
Current Mercer M2 on the Savannah campus. For some, welcome to the Mercer Family! For others, don’t fret yet. We had a few people in our class accepted as late as July. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.
Do you know if its common that you will interview and get an acceptance at the later committee meetings? I interviewed 11/17 and have had silence ever since (2 meetings have passed) now I'm panicking :).

I can’t speak on behalf of the school and their current policies because I’m not at all involved with admissions; however, yes it is somewhat common for people to be accepted at a later date based on what I have heard from people in my class. I could name several people who were accepted after April, I think interviews ended in February when I applied.

Hey everyone. Since the admissions committee meets every third Wednesday of the month, if I have my interview the third Tuesday, i.e., the day before they meet, would the earliest an acceptance be given be that same Friday, or would it be the following month?

is there a groupme or facebook group for those accepted already?

What times are the interviews? I have not received any info on that yet but I wanna make sure it doesn’t conflict with my lab.

thoughts on sending an update letter to mercer? do they still have II's to send out
Same, I remember somewhere in the beginning they said if we don't hear anything by Jan 15th, then its a rejection. So I don't know if its even worth it to send a letter

In the email they sent out once you completed the secondary, it says that the last day to receive an interview is January 28th at 5 pm for this cycle

Interview next week. Any tips i’m very nervous
Don't be nervous! Honestly they were really nice and do their best to make the experience comfortable for everyone. I went in nervous too, but by the interview portion, I felt alot more relaxed. Just be yourself! I'm sure you'll do great :).

I don't really have any specific tips to give. I think everyone's experience just depends on the person. However, some things I did to help prepare was just reviewing the information on the school, practicing interview questions, and even writing down questions that I had for the interviewers. Goodluck next week though! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Don't be nervous! Honestly they were really nice and do their best to make the experience comfortable for everyone. I went in nervous too, but by the interview portion, I felt alot more relaxed. Just be yourself! I'm sure you'll do great :).

I don't really have any specific tips to give. I think everyone's experience just depends on the person. However, some things I did to help prepare was just reviewing the information on the school, practicing interview questions, and even writing down questions that I had for the interviewers. Goodluck next week though! :)
thank you so much !