2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you get a notification via email?? I'm hoping mine moves up to February!
I did! I got moved up yet again to this Wednesday, Jan. 13 (a bit tighter of a window to prepare with, but thankfully I'm not busy). Hope you can get yours moved up too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I did! I got moved up yet again to this Wednesday, Jan. 13 (a bit tighter of a window to prepare with, but thankfully I'm not busy). Hope you can get yours moved up too!
I'm hoping so too! And that's awesome, best of luck to you!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
II this week! So so excited and grateful. For those who got an II and sent in your preferred date, did you ever receive an email confirmation afterward?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this week! So so excited and grateful. For those who got an II and sent in your preferred date, did you ever receive an email confirmation afterward?
I got a response the next day. Congrats on the II!

Just finished my interview here a couple hours ago, and I loved every minute of it. Hoping for that A! Best of luck to those who have also interviewed, and good luck to those awaiting theirs! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I apologise if this was asked and answered earlier, but does PNWU accept thank you emails? I know many institutions are shying away from them.

I apologise if this was asked and answered earlier, but does PNWU accept thank you emails? I know many institutions are shying away from them.
I sent some and got very nice responses back. Never a bad thing to show some gratitude, especially if the note is well-written. :)

I sent some and got very nice responses back. Never a bad thing to show some gratitude, especially if the note is well-written. :)
That's a good point, I feel a lot better about it, thanks! I think the fact that the only other place I interviewed specifically asked not to be sent notes gave me pause.

I also interviewed on Wednesday! Everyone was absolutely phenomenal, kind, and amazing!! I am so in love with this school!!

• Love
Does anyone know the format of the interview? I know they said it was "semi-MMI", but in terms of timing, I haven't been told anything. I've been lightly prepping, but I don't know what to gauge in terms of how brief I should keep my responses. Any/all help would be appreciated!

Hey all, hope the cycle is going well!

I was waitlisted here earlier on. Still hopeful. Was curious about past WL movement. I see on person in here got off the waitlist last year and I’m seeing only one other person mentioning being on the WL this yea (and likely withdrawing.) Curious if anyone has insight as to how much the WL moves at this program?

• Care
Hey all, hope the cycle is going well!

I was waitlisted here earlier on. Still hopeful. Was curious about past WL movement. I see on person in here got off the waitlist last year and I’m seeing only one other person mentioning being on the WL this yea (and likely withdrawing.) Curious if anyone has insight as to how much the WL moves at this program?
If you read last years thread there’s a ranking system that goes out the end of April with like “top 20” or something like that. Someone mentioned around 30 ppl getting off the WL the year prior. Sorry all I could dig up! hang in there!!

If you read last years thread there’s a ranking system that goes out the end of April with like “top 20” or something like that. Someone mentioned around 30 ppl getting off the WL the year prior. Sorry all I could dig up! hang in there!!

Thanks! I dug through this year only, not last. Appreciate the investigation. I knew about the ranking list to come, but wasn’t sure about how many get pulled off. That leads me to wonder how many are on the WL to begin with.

Only time will tell. 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I dug through this year only, not last. Appreciate the investigation. I knew about the ranking list to come, but wasn’t sure about how many get pulled off. That leads me to wonder how many are on the WL to begin with.

Only time will tell.

I’m also on the waitlist! My interview was 11/4 and I found out on 11/20.

I’m also on the waitlist! My interview was 11/4 and I found out on 11/20.

Hoping for some luck to come our way!
Hoping for the best for all of us! This is my only II so far as a non-trad, low stats applicant. From CA but willing to up and leave for a chance to start medical school this year!! Its been a longggggg time coming lol my interview is in April. Do you guys have any insight as to how I should prep and how the interview went for you?

will be sending my secondary for re app here today, I know im late.

However, should I pre-emptively complete the Casper while pending response? Sorry im sure its beating a long dead horse here

will be sending my secondary for re app here today, I know im late.

However, should I pre-emptively complete the Casper while pending response? Sorry im sure its beating a long dead horse here
Considering that it takes weeks for CASPer to be graded and sent to schools who require it, yes. PNWU also takes a while to process and match them to your file once they receive them, so yes, I would.

Considering that it takes weeks for CASPer to be graded and sent to schools who require it, yes. PNWU also takes a while to process and match them to your file once they receive them, so yes, I would.

thank you, have yet to even look at it with my schedule as of late. Will be on the agenda for completion

Does anyone know the format of the interview? I know they said it was "semi-MMI", but in terms of timing, I haven't been told anything. I've been lightly prepping, but I don't know what to gauge in terms of how brief I should keep my responses. Any/all help would be appreciated!

There is an introduction session at the beginning and two one-on-one interviews: one of which is focused on your app and the other is more like scenario based. The there’s a scenario based group discussed. Then a Q&A with some current students. Some people have the different things in a different order though. The one-on-ones are about 20-25 min. and the group part is about an hour.

Hoping for the best for all of us! This is my only II so far as a non-trad, low stats applicant. From CA but willing to up and leave for a chance to start medical school this year!! Its been a longggggg time coming lol my interview is in April. Do you guys have any insight as to how I should prep and how the interview went for you?

This was my only interview as well. I think that it overall went well! Be prepared to have something useful to say during the group discussion (I found it a little difficult to interject, but everyone in my group was pretty good at letting everyone speak). I read a lot of the pre-interview questions in the interview feedback tab to prepare! The only thing I wasn’t necessarily prepared to discuss was my low stats with one of my one-on-one interviewers.

This was my only interview as well. I think that it overall went well! Be prepared to have something useful to say during the group discussion (I found it a little difficult to interject, but everyone in my group was pretty good at letting everyone speak). I read a lot of the pre-interview questions in the interview feedback tab to prepare! The only thing I wasn’t necessarily prepared to discuss was my low stats with one of my one-on-one interviewers.
When did you interview? (I was on 1/13)

Thank you so much! Sending positive vibes to you!!

so for those who were interviewed on 01/13. Are we gonna hear back next Wednesday?

• Care
Got that not so sweet post secondaryl R. They said I did not meet there minimum requirements, which I'm slightly confused about as there are no GPA/MCAT requirements listed. Are they just talking about that average scores?

OMS-1 here at PNWU. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

OMS-1 here at PNWU. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!
Hi Wabi-sabi! Just curious, have medical students here received doses of COVID-19 vaccine yet? If so, have there been any campus operation modifications that have allowed for an increase of on campus activity?

Thank you for offering your insight!

Hi Wabi-sabi! Just curious, have medical students here received doses of COVID-19 vaccine yet? If so, have there been any campus operation modifications that have allowed for an increase of on campus activity?

Thank you for offering your insight!
Hi UrbanLemur;

As of now, PNWU has been working with some entities to try and get some vaccinations, but vaccines are still limited and are to go to those in phases 1A - 1B right now, which does not include pre-clinical medical students (per federal and WA state's guidelines). PNWU has no ability to override those guidelines, so it may be a little while longer depending on what local healthcare facilities allow. I do know that it is something they discuss regularly, and I'm sure as the sites administering vaccines agree to allow student vaccinations, we'll hear about it. Right now we're on campus for OPP lab, Clinical Skills lab, and Anatomy lab with proper precautions, which has been really helpful for me when it comes to becoming confident in those skills for rotations.

ETA: students on rotations are starting to receive vaccinations through their respective rotation sites, so that is definitely a positive!

Is the normal turn around time after an interview for PNWU 2 weeks? Is that true??

Is the normal turn around time after an interview for PNWU 2 weeks? Is that true??

I think so? At least that’s what I saw when I scrolled through previous threads. Occasionally people hear back under two weeks. But most of the time, people hear back around two week mark +/- 1 day

Just got my interview moved up to this week. There was another date available in February but I took the earliest one. Now, I need to figure out how to interview. I think I've forgotten how to interact with humans. It's just been me and cats for so long. :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got my interview moved up to this week. There was another date available in February but I took the earliest one. Now, I need to figure out how to interview. I think I've forgotten how to interact with humans. It's just been me and cats for so long. :)
Awesome! Hope I can get my April date moved up as well. Was it an email notification?

Pre-ii R, good luck everyone! :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I also got mine moved up via email! Not to this week, but a date in February. Good luck to you!

• Love
Yup I got moved up too, picked the February date because mentally I was NOT prepared to interview this week!

• Love
Hey, I was in a similar boat being moved up and only having two days to prepare for my interview. You’ve got this!

Hey, I was in a similar boat being moved up and only having two days to prepare for my interview. You’ve got this!

HaHa, Yup! I went through the PNWU page here on SDN for some question ideas. I'll see you in a couple of days. Good luck my friend!

Hey guys! I just turned down my interview spot on Thursday. If anyone wants to move their interview up, now is the time to ask! Good luck to everyone!

I told the admissions team that I’d like to be put on the waitlist, but should I message them again saying if there was any available days?

Has anyone heard anything back?
my neuroticism is acting up lol

Pre - II R this morning. I think I was complete late around late October. Very nice of them to give feedback on my app in the rejection email. They did mention at the very end that my stats did not meet their "Minimum requirements". I don't know if this was some sort of copy and past error, but checking their admission data, my stats are above all categories from the matriculants. I'm not saying this means I deserve an interview, but I think my stats meet the minimum requirements lol.

Edit: repetitive words