You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Quinnipiac (Netter)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So I completed the II back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, but I grew up in CT. has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools it seems
same same, complete mid aug but haven’t heard back. still waiting on over twenty schools and rapidly losing hope :/
So I completed the secondary back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, but I grew up in CT. has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools it seems
same here! Many schools haven't given even a considerate update email that things are still processing. At least a few schools (MCW, Maryland, Penn State) either gave me pre interview status or a monthly update email. All the stresssame same, complete mid aug but haven’t heard back. still waiting on over twenty schools and rapidly losing hope :/
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I completed the II back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, but I grew up in CT. has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools it seems
same here! Many schools haven't given even a considerate update email that things are still processing. At least a few schools (MCW, Maryland, Penn State) either gave me pre interview status or a monthly update email. All the stress
Same!! Barely any communication after secondary completion for me too, besides a couple holds and a couple pre-ii Rs. Very unsure what to make of this 🙁
Hey! Thank you for being here/helping to answer our questions. I guess to start us off,
1) What do you feel are the pros/cons of Netter? Similarly, what factors led to your choice in choosing Netter?
2) What attributes do you feel Netter is looking for when making their class?
3) For those without an interview(including myself), who do I need to bribe to get an interview?
Haven't seen this answered yet, so I'll go ahead and share my perspective (another M1).
1) Pros: good community, I've made great bonds with my classmates despite the hindrances of virtual learning/the pandemic and I don't sense any gunner-y type people in our class of 95, everyone helps each other out. I feel that our school is first-gen and non-trad friendly too. Faculty are approachable and serve as great mentors. Upperclassmen always seem to be eager to help us with any questions (inviting alumni who are residents to speak about how to succeed, a google doc of all the research programs they applied to, organizing review sessions before each block exam). Another pro is the development of patient interviewing and clinical schools early on...we were practicing with standardized patients by week 2. The school is also service-oriented and we partner with a lot of public schools and community organizations for volunteering.
Cons: it's still a newer school, so it's reputation still isn't as known nationally. We aren't an academic medical center so we have to be more proactive with networking and research. I don't think financial aid is the best.
Choosing Netter: Even though Netter's a newer school, we've had some graduating classes so far and the match lists for residency are fantastic. Many matches in California (i'm from california) and competitive programs in the country. I clicked with my faculty interviewer and my fellow interviewees. I've talked to current students in different years and they love Netter. A semester in, I'm now one of those students.
2) Not in admissions, so my thoughts are just assumptions. They want people who will fit their mission of developing physicians who serve their community. So they want a class of students who demonstrate service in unique ways. That can be through volunteering, research, advocacy, and other life experiences.
3) Haha, I know it's tough right now still waiting on interviews and/or acceptances. I didn't get half of my interviews (Netter included) until January/February, so hang in there! I think what helped me was sending Netter a letter of interest/update letter around this time. Don't make it seem like you used a general letter and changed the school name; be specific about what draws you to Netter and emphasize why you'd be a good fit at their school.
Happy to elaborate what I've discussed and answer any more questions. rooting for y'all!
Last edited:
Hi all- I am seriously panicking... pls offer insight if any of you have some: so I submitted this app 09/07 and sent in all my LORs around that time as well.
**1) I never got an app complete email? Did anyone else? (Only an app submitted email)**
2) I just double checked a bit ago and it says my LORs were received 12/15 WTF?!! I 100% submitted these through AMCAS back in sept if not August.
anyways.. I’m pretty much panicking that they never received a complete app for me? This was literally the first app I submitted so I am going to cry for a full 24 hours straight if it doesnt even count AND I wasted the money??? Like if that’s the case can I get a refund?
(if u can’t tell, I’m particularly anxious today)
TYIA! <3
**1) I never got an app complete email? Did anyone else? (Only an app submitted email)**
2) I just double checked a bit ago and it says my LORs were received 12/15 WTF?!! I 100% submitted these through AMCAS back in sept if not August.
anyways.. I’m pretty much panicking that they never received a complete app for me? This was literally the first app I submitted so I am going to cry for a full 24 hours straight if it doesnt even count AND I wasted the money??? Like if that’s the case can I get a refund?
(if u can’t tell, I’m particularly anxious today)
TYIA! <3
1) Don't panic! There was no app complete emailHi all- I am seriously panicking... pls offer insight if any of you have some: so I submitted this app 09/07 and sent in all my LORs around that time as well.
**1) I never got an app complete email? Did anyone else? (Only an app submitted email)**
2) I just double checked a bit ago and it says my LORs were received 12/15 WTF?!! I 100% submitted these through AMCAS back in sept if not August.
anyways.. I’m pretty much panicking that they never received a complete app for me? This was literally the first app I submitted so I am going to cry for a full 24 hours straight if it doesnt even count AND I wasted the money??? Like if that’s the case can I get a refund?
(if u can’t tell, I’m particularly anxious today)
TYIA! <3
2) Lots of people have weird late dates for this, not sure what's going on regarding that but you are not alone.
3) Don't panic 🙂 As long as you have a green check mark next to "App complete" when you go to your status tab, you're good!
First- tysm for you quick and calming reply !1) Don't panic! There was no app complete email
2) Lots of people have weird late dates for this, not sure what's going on regarding that but you are not alone.
3) Don't panic 🙂 As long as you have a green check mark next to "App complete" when you go to your status tab, you're good!
Just to clarify, I am not alone on the late/inaccurate LORs? Other people have weird late dates for the LOR submission too?
I’m seriously freaking out about this part bc I am 110% certain I did not submit any letters on 12/15 lol ugh. Plus, if they actually received my letters on 12/15 then that means I wouldn’t have been complete until then either 😩 which essentially feels like a wasted app.
i just don’t know why those dates are so off, I’ve been searching for proof of lor submission date but can’t find anyway to see/do this through AMCAS.
ty again for your response! I appreciate u, friend 🙂
I echo all the good words above.Hi all- I am seriously panicking... pls offer insight if any of you have some: so I submitted this app 09/07 and sent in all my LORs around that time as well.
**1) I never got an app complete email? Did anyone else? (Only an app submitted email)**
2) I just double checked a bit ago and it says my LORs were received 12/15 WTF?!! I 100% submitted these through AMCAS back in sept if not August.
anyways.. I’m pretty much panicking that they never received a complete app for me? This was literally the first app I submitted so I am going to cry for a full 24 hours straight if it doesnt even count AND I wasted the money??? Like if that’s the case can I get a refund?
(if u can’t tell, I’m particularly anxious today)
TYIA! <3
also, it doesn’t hurt to shoot the admissions office an email explaining the situation and asking for some clarification. They like to see interest from applicants
Ok thank you, I will give that a try! I appreciate it!I echo all the good words above.
also, it doesn’t hurt to shoot the admissions office an email explaining the situation and asking for some clarification. They like to see interest from applicants
If you edited anything on AMCAS, the date gets updated on some secondary apps. It’s a common thing! Don’t worryFirst- tysm for you quick and calming reply !
Just to clarify, I am not alone on the late/inaccurate LORs? Other people have weird late dates for the LOR submission too?
I’m seriously freaking out about this part bc I am 110% certain I did not submit any letters on 12/15 lol ugh. Plus, if they actually received my letters on 12/15 then that means I wouldn’t have been complete until then either 😩 which essentially feels like a wasted app.
i just don’t know why those dates are so off, I’ve been searching for proof of lor submission date but can’t find anyway to see/do this through AMCAS.
ty again for your response! I appreciate u, friend 🙂
Ty!!!! That makes me feel a lot better :,) I did update something that day but I knew it had nothing to do with quinnipiac! Praying that is the case, I appreciate you & your reply!If you edited anything on AMCAS, the date gets updated on some secondary apps. It’s a common thing! Don’t worry
juliaannact19
Full Member
Have any of the accepted students been able to access the Facebook page yet? The link they provided in the acceptance packet is still not working for me.
It might not be live yet. I believe they indicate in the acceptance packet that it should be up sometime in mid-JanHave any of the accepted students been able to access the Facebook page yet? The link they provided in the acceptance packet is still not working for me.
Accepted! Got the email around 2:30p Eastern, interviewed 12/2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone curious, I've spoken with admissions and learned the following:
- They are about a month behind the usual schedule for application review (due primarily to applicants' difficulties scheduling the MCAT)
- Interviews will go well into March
- Interview invites go out basically at random (not on a schedule) as each one gets final review by the Associate Dean of Admissions before they send the invite, so it's whenever he has the time to review
- They were unable to share how many spots in the class have been filled or how many more interview days are remaining (because that is open-ended at the moment)
Cheers, and good luck to all!
- They are about a month behind the usual schedule for application review (due primarily to applicants' difficulties scheduling the MCAT)
- Interviews will go well into March
- Interview invites go out basically at random (not on a schedule) as each one gets final review by the Associate Dean of Admissions before they send the invite, so it's whenever he has the time to review
- They were unable to share how many spots in the class have been filled or how many more interview days are remaining (because that is open-ended at the moment)
Cheers, and good luck to all!
Same - have they done R's yet?got an email from them today basically saying be patient and that they are still reviewing people
Uhm WHERES MY EMAILgot an email from them today basically saying be patient and that they are still reviewing people
Has this school sent out R's yet?
RIP I didn’t get one 😭got an email from them today basically saying be patient and that they are still reviewing people
For anyone curious, I've spoken with admissions and learned the following:
- They are about a month behind the usual schedule for application review (due primarily to applicants' difficulties scheduling the MCAT)
- Interviews will go well into March
- Interview invites go out basically at random (not on a schedule) as each one gets final review by the Associate Dean of Admissions before they send the invite, so it's whenever he has the time to review
- They were unable to share how many spots in the class have been filled or how many more interview days are remaining (because that is open-ended at the moment)
Cheers, and good luck to all!
Just got the email!!! Are you psychic?!!
for real. i almost just stopped reading after I saw it began with so much thanks to meI just got the email and from the wording of it, I definitely thought it was a rejection email at first but I'm glad it's not lol
Same lol I saw the email and thought here we go another RI just got the email and from the wording of it, I definitely thought it was a rejection email at first but I'm glad it's not lol
more.coffee.please
Full Member
SAMEI just got the email and from the wording of it, I definitely thought it was a rejection email at first but I'm glad it's not lol
veggiepremed
Full Member
didnt get an email 🙁((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
+1didnt get an email 🙁((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
It’s rolling out in alphabetical order of last name it seems like 😳!! Or in some order bc I just got itdidnt get an email 🙁((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
D
deleted1063459
Complete dates for those of us still waiting? Mine was mid sept
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
more.coffee.please
Full Member
same 9/17Complete dates for those of us still waiting? Mine was mid sept
Hmm not sure because my last name is within the top 3 lettersIt’s rolling out in alphabetical order of last name it seems like 😳!! Or in some order bc I just got it
Then maybe complete dates? I completed in early sepHmm not sure because my last name is within the top 3 letters
i was also complete mid sep and seem to be on of the first ones to get it. so who knows what the order isHmm not sure because my last name is within the top 3 letters
Same and submitted early augHmm not sure because my last name is within the top 3 letters
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
I saw some a while agoHas this school sent out R's yet?
+1What i didn’t get an email
Just kidding. I just got it twenty minutes ago.RIP I didn’t get one 😭
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
Jk I just got one
+1 just got itFinally got the email lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2+1 just got it
D
deleted842777
My first thought when I read the update email today: "This is the longest rejection email I have gotten yet"
I think it's worth updating them on that. It seems like it's a significant opportunity that few have available to them so it'll help you stand out.just wondering if I should update the school about a submission of a presentation to the ACSM Annual conference.
D
deleted1063459
I was wondering if it's possible if we can send letters of rec saved on our interfolios. (Ie I had more than 4 but only submitted 4 per MSAR and was wondering if we can send my extra ones as an update).Any idea if they're accepting additional letters of rec? MSAR lists 4 minimum, 4 maximum letters... but their update email said to send additional letters of rec via amcas?