-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Seton Hall
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed Jan 21 and been waiting. DO they tell all acceptances by end of Feb?
I recently emailed them asking when we should expect to hear back after being interviewed and they said that decisions will go out this month. So maybe all interviewees will hear back regardless of decision? Prob As by call and WL / R through email?I was thinking of doing that but I didn’t want to seem pushy. Maybe I will- thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha yeah, I think 2 others besides you and me here emailed them about this, and all received the same answer.I recently emailed them asking when we should expect to hear back after being interviewed and they said that decisions will go out this month. So maybe all interviewees will hear back regardless of decision? Prob As by call and WL / R through email?
Just got a VITA invite. I don't think I ever got that second email they send and I forgot to mark down when I was complete but I'm sure it was sept-oct I believe. I haven't really been following this thread, are they going to send an actual interview invite soon?
I think they will call you to schedule your actual interview. But I'm personally confused as to how they can send all decisions this month, according to others, when there are clearly people who are still getting interviews.Just got a VITA invite. I don't think I ever got that second email they send and I forgot to mark down when I was complete but I'm sure it was sept-oct I believe. I haven't really been following this thread, are they going to send an actual interview invite soon?
Yooooo! Get hyped! They'll send you more emails later. Just make sure to complete the VITA within 3 days and you should be good.Just got a VITA invite. I don't think I ever got that second email they send and I forgot to mark down when I was complete but I'm sure it was sept-oct I believe. I haven't really been following this thread, are they going to send an actual interview invite soon?
Well, we were asking about ourselves, and as far as I saw, all the people posting about it, including myself, interview in January. So it's possible they're going to be releasing the information for January people this month.I think they will call you to schedule your actual interview. But I'm personally confused as to how they can send all decisions this month, according to others, when there are clearly people who are still getting interviews.
Ah I see! Thank you for that. I interviewed the first week of January so fingers crossed!Well, we were asking about ourselves, and as far as I saw, all the people posting about it, including myself, interview in January. So it's possible they're going to be releasing the information for January people this month.
So does anyone know (or know where I can find) information about which specialties are offered in the three-year MD --> residency option. People mention this as a advantage to going here, but I haven't been able to find any info on what specialties students typically go into.
Just look up what residencies Hackensack Meridian offers. Those are the ones you can apply to. I did a quick google search and found this: Residencies - Hackensack University Medical CenterSo does anyone know (or know where I can find) information about which specialties are offered in the three-year MD --> residency option. People mention this as a advantage to going here, but I haven't been able to find any info on what specialties students typically go into.
Thanks! This makes sense. So something as competitive as dermatology is on the table? Sorry if that's a stupid question lol, I just saw they have a derm residency program here HMH Residencies - Seton Hall UniversityJust look up what residencies Hackensack Meridian offers. Those are the ones you can apply to. I did a quick google search and found this: Residencies - Hackensack University Medical Center
Certain 3-year programs restrict students to primary care so I just wanted to be certain of all the options. Thank you for the link.
As far as I know, and understood in the Virtual Admissions day, any residency they offer is on the table. That includes derm. You just need to get accepted into their residency program then.Thanks! This makes sense. So something as competitive as dermatology is on the table? Sorry if that's a stupid question lol, I just saw they have a derm residency program here HMH Residencies - Seton Hall University
Certain 3-year programs restrict students to primary care so I just wanted to be certain of all the options. Thank you for the link.
spiritcat13
Full Member
Preliminary review email 9/8, nothing since. Is the last date for interviews really 2/25? 🙁
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
I got my prelim review email forever ago too. That is what they said but the PTE tool comes out tomorrow and they could definitely extend the interview season if they realize their class isn't full. They had to extend their interview season last year tooPreliminary review email 9/8, nothing since. Is the last date for interviews really 2/25? 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spiritcat13
Full Member
Apologies for a possibly dumb question, but what is the PTE tool?I got my prelim review email forever ago too. That is what they said but the PTE tool comes out tomorrow and they could definitely extend the interview season if they realize their class isn't full. They had to extend their interview season last year too
Apologies for a possibly dumb question, but what is the PTE tool?
Plan to enroll tool that AMCAS releases on Feb 19th. It helps schools know how many students are committed to going to their school so they can plan accordingly.
There is still hope!I got my prelim review email forever ago too. That is what they said but the PTE tool comes out tomorrow and they could definitely extend the interview season if they realize their class isn't full. They had to extend their interview season last year too
Nontraddddds
Full Member
What's PTE?I got my prelim review email forever ago too. That is what they said but the PTE tool comes out tomorrow and they could definitely extend the interview season if they realize their class isn't full. They had to extend their interview season last year too
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
Students who have acceptances have to select which school they are planning on enrolling at. This will tell schools how full their classes are and if they need to extend more interviewsWhat's PTE?
Medical school journey1
Full Member
A here about a week ago interviewed mid-late Jan
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Anyone Interviewed first week of February month?
futureTBIDoc
Full Member
Does this school accept pre-II updates? If so, what email should I send it to? Im seeing people are still getting Vita invites this week so I'm hoping all hope is not lost
rintohsaka
Full Member
II yesterday! complete Aug, in-state
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats please?II yesterday! complete Aug, in-state
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Anyone know when they end their interviews this year?
I believe someone said Feb 25 earlierAnyone know when they end their interviews this year?
Could you pm them to me too?Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats please?
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Thanks! Guess no chance of me returning to NJ for med school 🙁I believe someone said Feb 25 earlier
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did you get an email or a callA today 🙂 Interviewed 1/20
Call! No email yetCongrats! Did you get an email or a call
Thanks! I interviewed on the same day so I hope to get some good news too!
Call! No email yet
Thank you! Wish you the best of luck! 🙂Thanks! I interviewed on the same day so I hope to get some good news too!
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Any IS Acceptance Today?
username198
New Member
Hey guys 🙂 for any accepted students how long after the A call did you receive the acceptance emails and whatnot?
username198
New Member
3.77, 511 🙂anyone have the average gpa/mcat for this school from the MSAR? would appreciate it.
Took somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks for meHey guys 🙂 for any accepted students how long after the A call did you receive the acceptance emails and whatnot?
I don't think they do any more for this cycle.Do they accept pre-II updates?
3 days for meHey guys 🙂 for any accepted students how long after the A call did you receive the acceptance emails and whatnot?
Are they done sending out II?I don't think they do any more for this cycle.
rintohsaka
Full Member
LM: 75Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats please?
Also, did anyone get another call to schedule the 1-on-1 interview? didn't get anything yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Great! Are you done with your vita? I believe,They will send this week.LM: 75
Also, did anyone get another call to schedule the 1-on-1 interview? didn't get anything yet
rintohsaka
Full Member
Yep! Finished VITA from a previous school, hopefully will get the call to schedule soonGreat! Are you done with your vita? I believe,They will send this week.
futureTBIDoc
Full Member
Would anyone who has submitted an update letter please tell me which address they sent it to? I've been calling for two days and can't seem to get through to anyone
catsflying
Full Member
GOT THE CALL!!! First A. This is the best day of my life. Good luck to everybody, I never thought this day would come so keep the hope!
(Interviewed 2/4 IS)
(Interviewed 2/4 IS)