You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wisconsin
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same boat, I feel ya.Also got waitlisted, interviewed 1/22, IS and this is my alma mater ouch lol
I'm not super optimistic about waitlist odds at this school but here's to hoping more WL movement is a product of this unique cycle
Is UW's WL famously unmoving?Same boat, I feel ya.
I'm not super optimistic about waitlist odds at this school but here's to hoping more WL movement is a product of this unique cycle
During my interview session, they mentioned it ranges from 5-10 accepted off the waitlist to 35-40 depending on the year. Two years ago they took no one from the WL apparently - although this happened at other schools due to the confusion of the newly implemented PTE/CTE - and last year, per the SDN thread, it looks like the WL went as deep as #17 for IS.Is UW's WL famously unmoving?
An acquaintance of mine was on the WL last year and they said there were 100+ people on it lol. UW is of course a fantastic school with in-state tuition for us IS folks, so the relative lack of movement isn't surprising for those reasons.
There's a lot of speculation on some SDN threads about greater WL movement, greater WL sizes, etc based on the greater availability of virtual interviews but that's all it is, speculation.
I see, I see. Don’t suppose you’ve heard anything about the OOS WL?During my interview session, they mentioned it ranges from 5-10 accepted off the waitlist to 35-40 depending on the year. Two years ago they took no one from the WL apparently - although this happened at other schools due to the confusion of the newly implemented PTE/CTE - and last year, per the SDN thread, it looks like the WL went as deep as #17 for IS.
An acquaintance of mine was on the WL last year and they said there were 100+ people on it lol. UW is of course a fantastic school with in-state tuition for us IS folks, so the relative lack of movement isn't surprising for those reasons.
There's a lot of speculation on some SDN threads about greater WL movement, greater WL sizes, etc based on the greater availability of virtual interviews but that's all it is, speculation.
D
deleted899789
At this point in the cycle, do you think more people are being waitlisted compared to earlier on?
Last edited by a moderator:
nontrad90s
New Member
Hey! This happened to me -- just reply to the interview invite saying that you don't see it yet. 🙂 Someone has to manually update your portal.I also interview next week and still don't have an interview tab
Only what's on previous years' threads. IIRC, last year I think I saw someone say they got in at like position #9ish?I see, I see. Don’t suppose you’ve heard anything about the OOS WL?
Also, not sure if that 100+ figure was IS + OOS or IS-only.
Based on one of their recent tweets and the fact they seem to batch post-ii decisions, my guess is that every interview date has a fair shot of acceptance. I don't think UW is a school where late-cycle interviewees are only interviewing for WL spots.At this point in the cycle, do you think more people being waitlisted compared to earlier on?
There are two waitlists. One for out-of-state and one for in-state. Last year they accepted up to around #43 on the in-state waitlist. But it really varies year to year.Only what's on previous years' threads. IIRC, last year I think I saw someone say they got in at like position #9ish?
Also, not sure if that 100+ figure was IS + OOS or IS-only.
Wow 43?! Where did you hear this?There are two waitlists. One for out-of-state and one for in-state. Last year they accepted up to around #43 on the in-state waitlist. But it really varies year to year.
Looks like I need to take back my pessimism!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm guessing three more weeksFew weeks now until next review and decisions? Interviewed week of 1/29
Just got the A call for the MSTP today. Literally near speechless during it.. II: 2 weeks ago
fullofbeanz
Full Member
Today at our interview they said 4-5 weeks, so I’d think you’d hear back next week if the same was true throughout the process.Few weeks now until next review and decisions? Interviewed week of 1/29
BlackTommy
Full Member
Waitlisted, interviewed 1/27. OOS but in the midwest. I suspected worse honestly bombed the faculty interview 🙁.
Sorry to hear that. Also not feeling optimistic. Did you get an email today?Waitlisted, interviewed 1/27. OOS but in the midwest. I suspected worse honestly bombed the faculty interview 🙁.
So 1/27-1/29 interviewers hear back this week?
So 1/27-1/29 interviewers hear back this week?
I would expect it to be either this weekend / Monday or next weekend / Monday. They usually call acceptances over the weekend and then email WL / R on Mondays. Pray for the phone call this weekend.
penguinspenguins
Full Member
has anyone heard back about scholarships after being accepted for a while?
I'm hoping for soon, but I feel like they would have tweeted about it? Not sureTheir twitter just announced that UWSMPH's last interviews of the cycle are underway today. Wonder if that means they'll review this Friday and have more decisions this weekend / Monday.
plzletmein77
New Member
Accepted into the warm program today interviewed nov 6 waitlisted early January. Good luck everyone!
Is anyone else who interviewed the week of 1/22 waiting to hear back still?
Seemed like a lot of people from your week heard back a few weeks ago. I interviewed week of 1/29, would expect both of us to hear back this weekend / Monday.
Yeah that's what I thought. Even some people who interviewed 1/29 have already received a decision so it was making me nervous. I'll just try to sit tight though... Hopefully we'll hear next Monday!Seemed like a lot of people from your week heard back a few weeks ago. I interviewed week of 1/29, would expect both of us to hear back this weekend / Monday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If this is my only WL (and no other As), should I still fill out FAFSA?
Absolutely. If you get the A late and don't have FAFSA filled out, what will you do??
Ok yeah makes sense, thanks. Just needed that reframing. Feels like I'm jinxing myself tho.Absolutely. If you get the A late and don't have FAFSA filled out, what will you do??
magnoliamariposa
Full Member
sorry if this has been asked before but can OOS students claim in-state residency after 1 year for tuition purposes?
Lol, I totally feel you there but yes, still fill it out.Ok yeah makes sense, thanks. Just needed that reframing. Feels like I'm jinxing myself tho.
D
deleted899789
No, they can't, except in some very rare circumstances. I would reach out to the admissions office for more info
sorry if this has been asked before but can OOS students claim in-state residency after 1 year for tuition purposes?
nontrad90s
New Member
Just got the A :’) IS. Interviewed 2/5. Got the call at around 4pm CST. I just turned 30 on Monday and this was the best gift. Good luck everyone!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats? I interviewed on the same day 😀Just got the A :’) IS. Interviewed 2/5. Got the call at around 4pm CST. I just turned 30 on Monday and this was the best gift. Good luck everyone!
When is second look again?
April 10th
Thanks!April 10th
Hey! Same! Have you gotten an official letter from them though? I got the call on thursday but then didnt receive anything in writing lolJust got the A call☺️Interviewed 2/10-2/12
You’ll get an email sometime soon. No snail mail thoughHey! Same! Have you gotten an official letter from them though? I got the call on thursday but then didnt receive anything in writing lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, nothing yet. On the call they told me that we'll receive an email sometime this weekHey! Same! Have you gotten an official letter from them though? I got the call on thursday but then didnt receive anything in writing lol
aj46
New Member
Hey, I just wanted to follow up on this thread and see if people who got acceptance calls last week got their emails yet today. I interviewed 2/4 and didn't get the WL or R email today that got sent out, so I'm just trying to gauge whether I can still hope for an acceptance call today or this week or if my application will be reviewed by the committee at a later date.Hey, nothing yet. On the call they told me that we'll receive an email sometime this week
aj46
New Member
Disregard this, just got the WL email. Thought it would have been sent at the same time as others.Hey, I just wanted to follow up on this thread and see if people who got acceptance calls last week got their emails yet today. I interviewed 2/4 and didn't get the WL or R email today that got sent out, so I'm just trying to gauge whether I can still hope for an acceptance call today or this week or if my application will be reviewed by the committee at a later date.
When was the interview?WL 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K