2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 1/27-1/29, just got the R. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Also got waitlisted, interviewed 1/22, IS and this is my alma mater ouch lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got waitlisted, interviewed 1/22, IS and this is my alma mater ouch lol
Same boat, I feel ya.

I'm not super optimistic about waitlist odds at this school but here's to hoping more WL movement is a product of this unique cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Is UW's WL famously unmoving?
During my interview session, they mentioned it ranges from 5-10 accepted off the waitlist to 35-40 depending on the year. Two years ago they took no one from the WL apparently - although this happened at other schools due to the confusion of the newly implemented PTE/CTE - and last year, per the SDN thread, it looks like the WL went as deep as #17 for IS.

An acquaintance of mine was on the WL last year and they said there were 100+ people on it lol. UW is of course a fantastic school with in-state tuition for us IS folks, so the relative lack of movement isn't surprising for those reasons.

There's a lot of speculation on some SDN threads about greater WL movement, greater WL sizes, etc based on the greater availability of virtual interviews but that's all it is, speculation.

During my interview session, they mentioned it ranges from 5-10 accepted off the waitlist to 35-40 depending on the year. Two years ago they took no one from the WL apparently - although this happened at other schools due to the confusion of the newly implemented PTE/CTE - and last year, per the SDN thread, it looks like the WL went as deep as #17 for IS.

An acquaintance of mine was on the WL last year and they said there were 100+ people on it lol. UW is of course a fantastic school with in-state tuition for us IS folks, so the relative lack of movement isn't surprising for those reasons.

There's a lot of speculation on some SDN threads about greater WL movement, greater WL sizes, etc based on the greater availability of virtual interviews but that's all it is, speculation.
I see, I see. Don’t suppose you’ve heard anything about the OOS WL?

At this point in the cycle, do you think more people are being waitlisted compared to earlier on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also interview next week and still don't have an interview tab
Hey! This happened to me -- just reply to the interview invite saying that you don't see it yet. :) Someone has to manually update your portal.

I see, I see. Don’t suppose you’ve heard anything about the OOS WL?
Only what's on previous years' threads. IIRC, last year I think I saw someone say they got in at like position #9ish?

Also, not sure if that 100+ figure was IS + OOS or IS-only.

At this point in the cycle, do you think more people being waitlisted compared to earlier on?
Based on one of their recent tweets and the fact they seem to batch post-ii decisions, my guess is that every interview date has a fair shot of acceptance. I don't think UW is a school where late-cycle interviewees are only interviewing for WL spots.

Only what's on previous years' threads. IIRC, last year I think I saw someone say they got in at like position #9ish?

Also, not sure if that 100+ figure was IS + OOS or IS-only.
There are two waitlists. One for out-of-state and one for in-state. Last year they accepted up to around #43 on the in-state waitlist. But it really varies year to year.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two waitlists. One for out-of-state and one for in-state. Last year they accepted up to around #43 on the in-state waitlist. But it really varies year to year.
Wow 43?! Where did you hear this?

Looks like I need to take back my pessimism!

Few weeks now until next review and decisions? Interviewed week of 1/29

Just got the A call for the MSTP today. Literally near speechless during it.. II: 2 weeks ago

Reactions: 1 users
Few weeks now until next review and decisions? Interviewed week of 1/29
Today at our interview they said 4-5 weeks, so I’d think you’d hear back next week if the same was true throughout the process.

Waitlisted, interviewed 1/27. OOS but in the midwest. I suspected worse honestly bombed the faculty interview :(.

Waitlisted, interviewed 1/27. OOS but in the midwest. I suspected worse honestly bombed the faculty interview :(.
Sorry to hear that. Also not feeling optimistic. Did you get an email today?

So 1/27-1/29 interviewers hear back this week?

I would expect it to be either this weekend / Monday or next weekend / Monday. They usually call acceptances over the weekend and then email WL / R on Mondays. Pray for the phone call this weekend.

Their twitter just announced that UWSMPH's last interviews of the cycle are underway today. Wonder if that means they'll review this Friday and have more decisions this weekend / Monday.

Their twitter just announced that UWSMPH's last interviews of the cycle are underway today. Wonder if that means they'll review this Friday and have more decisions this weekend / Monday.
I'm hoping for soon, but I feel like they would have tweeted about it? Not sure

Accepted into the warm program today interviewed nov 6 waitlisted early January. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Is anyone else who interviewed the week of 1/22 waiting to hear back still?

Is anyone else who interviewed the week of 1/22 waiting to hear back still?

Seemed like a lot of people from your week heard back a few weeks ago. I interviewed week of 1/29, would expect both of us to hear back this weekend / Monday.

Seemed like a lot of people from your week heard back a few weeks ago. I interviewed week of 1/29, would expect both of us to hear back this weekend / Monday.
Yeah that's what I thought. Even some people who interviewed 1/29 have already received a decision so it was making me nervous. I'll just try to sit tight though... Hopefully we'll hear next Monday!

If this is my only WL (and no other As), should I still fill out FAFSA?

Absolutely. If you get the A late and don't have FAFSA filled out, what will you do??
Ok yeah makes sense, thanks. Just needed that reframing. Feels like I'm jinxing myself tho.

sorry if this has been asked before but can OOS students claim in-state residency after 1 year for tuition purposes?

No, they can't, except in some very rare circumstances. I would reach out to the admissions office for more info
sorry if this has been asked before but can OOS students claim in-state residency after 1 year for tuition purposes?

Acceptance call just now!! IS ORM LM ~70. Interviewed week of 1/29

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A :’) IS. Interviewed 2/5. Got the call at around 4pm CST. I just turned 30 on Monday and this was the best gift. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A :’) IS. Interviewed 2/5. Got the call at around 4pm CST. I just turned 30 on Monday and this was the best gift. Good luck everyone!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats? I interviewed on the same day 😀

Just got a spam call from a Wisconsin number and freaked out lol. Fml. Anyone else get acceptances yesterday? Does this mean the rest of us are WL?

Just got the A call☺️Interviewed 2/10-2/12

Reactions: 4 users
Hey! Same! Have you gotten an official letter from them though? I got the call on thursday but then didnt receive anything in writing lol
You’ll get an email sometime soon. No snail mail though

Hey! Same! Have you gotten an official letter from them though? I got the call on thursday but then didnt receive anything in writing lol
Hey, nothing yet. On the call they told me that we'll receive an email sometime this week

Hey, nothing yet. On the call they told me that we'll receive an email sometime this week
Hey, I just wanted to follow up on this thread and see if people who got acceptance calls last week got their emails yet today. I interviewed 2/4 and didn't get the WL or R email today that got sent out, so I'm just trying to gauge whether I can still hope for an acceptance call today or this week or if my application will be reviewed by the committee at a later date.

Hey, I just wanted to follow up on this thread and see if people who got acceptance calls last week got their emails yet today. I interviewed 2/4 and didn't get the WL or R email today that got sent out, so I'm just trying to gauge whether I can still hope for an acceptance call today or this week or if my application will be reviewed by the committee at a later date.
Disregard this, just got the WL email. Thought it would have been sent at the same time as others.