2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they also send WARM alternate rankings yesterday?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys! I was position #2, decile 90% as of yesterday. Just got an acceptance offer today!! I hope some of you have as well. If I accept the offer on their portal, what does that mean for my waitlisting at other schools?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Guys! I was position #2, decile 90% as of yesterday. Just got an acceptance offer today!! I hope some of you have as well. If I accept the offer on their portal, what does that mean for my waitlisting at other schools?
If you PTE to UW they'll see that you PTE'd somewhere. Not sure how WL schools will interpret that. Are you IS or OOS?

Edit: congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing (IS). Good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the WARM alternate list today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted IS today off WL!!! I was #7.

Reactions: 4 users
Also accepted today! I was in between #5-10 on the IS list. Hope this offers some clarity for people :)

Similar to above! Was ranked #5-10 on IS WL and got a call of acceptance today. Wishing the best of luck to those still waiting! This year has been brutal for many applicants, including myself, so try to keep your head up ☺️

Woohoo this probably means I have a good shot within the next couple of weeks!!!

Reactions: 1 users
is there internal ranking during the pass fail years?

When there's WL movement, it seems like they usually make A calls starting at around 2pm

If there's more than one person with the same position number, how do they decide who gets called first?

Sorry for spamming this thread, but has anyone heard anything since Tuesday? If you got/get an acceptance here or if you withdraw please let us know 😁😁

Sorry for spamming this thread, but has anyone heard anything since Tuesday? If you got/get an acceptance here or if you withdraw please let us know 😁😁
I am withdrawing my acceptance today. IS

how long does it take to get your financial package from the school? How much scholarships, financial aid, ect is given to you.

Withdrew my A since I got off the waitlist @ another school. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!!

I’m withdrawing my acceptance here today, so hopefully my spot can go to one of y’all!

A today!!!!!!!! OOS + scholarship. Over the moon!

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any current students at UW SMPH who might be able to answer a couple of questions:
  • Is it necessary to have a car on campus even in your first two years? Would it be too cold to walk ~20 minutes to class in the winter?
  • What does a typical week in medical school look like for preclinical years in terms of your schedule? Do a lot of students engage in extracurricular activities after class?
  • Where are most of the classes located? Are they all in the Health Sciences Learning Center?
  • I'm hoping to match into a non-primary care specialty. Is it necessary for me to start doing research in my first year?
Thank you!
I’m incoming but went to UW for undergrad!
1) I would maybe recommend getting a car just to have the flexibility of going places, but if this is not financially feasible, not a problem! A 20+ min walk is very normal, even in the winter it will be fine as long as you bundle up ☺️ Buses are also even reliable in the winter!
2) can’t answer this one yet lol
3) almost all classes at in the HSLC, but I think our anatomy class is in the Medical Sciences Center on the main campus (1300 University Ave), which is a quick bus (#80) to get to it
4) unsure about this, but I’m sure we will get to know!!

I’m incoming but went to UW for undergrad!
1) I would maybe recommend getting a car just to have the flexibility of going places, but if this is not financially feasible, not a problem! A 20+ min walk is very normal, even in the winter it will be fine as long as you bundle up ☺️ Buses are also even reliable in the winter!
2) can’t answer this one yet lol
3) almost all classes at in the HSLC, but I think our anatomy class is in the Medical Sciences Center on the main campus (1300 University Ave), which is a quick bus (#80) to get to it
4) unsure about this, but I’m sure we will get to know!!
In our acceptance letter it mentioned we could be assigned to preceptorship up to an hour away. So I think we probably need to have access to a car at least once a week just in case.