2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a phone call last week and got an email this morning!
Are you IS or OOS? When did you interview? (If you don't mind me asking)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
do people on the waitlist also have a chance of getting accepted today? Or do they reevaluate the waitlist after all of the interview dates?

People on the WL are reviewed at the end after movement day occurs. The WL is also ranked and they will tell you before movement, it’s really transparent!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today via email for the WARM program! Didn’t get a phone call, (minus 5 spam calls that took a year off my life). Not sure if WARM does calls or not. IS, interviewed 1/6-1/8.

I’m interviewing this week... this is my dream school!! Does anyone have any last minute pointers?
Best thing you can do is really focus on knowing yourself, your story, and why UW. Beyond that, build a solid rapport (as much as you can in 30 min) and enjoy yourself! I had such a tremendous interviewer and a great experience - hoping the same for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when we will receive our financial packages if we were accepted?

Is it true that the interview counts only as much as a LOR? Been seeing this on SDN posts about interview feedback

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that the interview counts only as much as a LOR? Been seeing this on SDN posts about interview feedback
Doubt that. An interview is feedback given by one of their own, so I feel they probably take it into consideration more. Who knows though.

Today marks 8 weeks since my interview and I still haven't heard anything...is anyone else in the same boat? Really considering emailing admissions if I don't hear back by the end of the day Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:
Today marks 2 weeks since my interview and I still haven't heard anything...is anyone else in the same boat? Really considering emailing admissions if I don't hear back by the end of the day Monday or Tuesday.
I think we interviewed the same day. When did they say we’d hear after 2 weeks? Turnaround time is 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly.

Oh my gosh I totally meant to write 8 weeks - my bad. Yeah I interviewed 12/11.
Got it, you should be hearing back soon then. I remember they said they were very busy and although it usually takes them 6-8 weeks, it could be 8 or more for my group. Maybe wait until the end of next week?

Anyone know when we will receive our financial packages if we were accepted?
I believe financial aid offers are given in March or April. When given a scholarship upon admission, it won't be included on this offer because of how their financial aid office and admissions office communicate. (PM me and I can explain more! I talked to their financial aid person for the med school because I was a little confused about this)

Do we think that interviewing at the end of February is like interviewing for the waitlist? Or does WI have true rolling admissions?

Do we think that interviewing at the end of February is like interviewing for the waitlist? Or does WI have true rolling admissions?
This is what their Twitter account said.

Attachments

• 88EB3063-3B0B-474F-87C4-FC0159AD5D92.jpeg
    88EB3063-3B0B-474F-87C4-FC0159AD5D92.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: 2 users
Man, this school has such a great sense of humor. Please let me off of the WL 😳

Quick question for those of you who interviewed. I interview this week and can't find any information on which time zone the activities take place in. I understand Wisconsin is in CST, but I don't see that listed on the portal anywhere. To confuse matters even further the WebEx interview time given to me is in MST (and I am in EST). I am going to go with the assumption that all times listed are in CST correct? Thanks in advice for the help and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!

Quick question for those of you who interviewed. I interview this week and can't find any information on which time zone the activities take place in. I understand Wisconsin is in CST, but I don't see that listed on the portal anywhere. To confuse matters even further the WebEx interview time given to me is in MST (and I am in EST). I am going to go with the assumption that all times listed are in CST correct? Thanks in advice for the help and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!
Yeah the interview times are in CST. So since your in EST you’ll be an hour ahead

Acceptance call just now! Interviewed late January. OOS.

Congrats! Earlier than expected too - their tweet today said to expect the next wave of offers Monday.

Edit: Does that now make 14 acceptances?!?! What is your secret?!
Yeah I was very surprised by the timing.

13. Nothing crazy but an extremely unique life story and path to medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
On the interview information it says to upload a headshot onto the "photo tab," but does anyone know when that will show up? My interview is in a week. I also don't have an interview tab.

On the interview information it says to upload a headshot onto the "photo tab," but does anyone know when that will show up? My interview is in a week. I also don't have an interview tab.
The photo tab is under the interview tab when you click on it. I’m not positive but I think mine was there later the same day I got the interview invite. Definitely was there over a week ahead of time. Maybe contact them to check up on it?

I also interview next week and still don't have an interview tab

I just got the A call ! So happy and a Sunday !

Reactions: 3 users
Oh boy, the anxiety about possibly hearing from them tomorrow is setting in. Gluck everyone!

Are we to expect acceptances to continue today or do they call everyone over the weekend? Like if we didn't get called should we anticipate a WL or rejection email today?

Are we to expect acceptances to continue today or do they call everyone over the weekend? Like if we didn't get called should we anticipate a WL or rejection email today?
According to their twitter, offers should be coming out today too!

Just got a spam call from a WI area code and I think my heart exploded
This is gonna be me after I interview. My phone has a 608 area code so all my spam calls come from WI. Not looking forward to answering every one “just in case” lol

This is gonna be me after I interview. My phone has a 608 area code so all my spam calls come from WI. Not looking forward to answering every one “just in case” lol
I was at work when a milwaukee code called me and missed it. Pick up all phone numbers hahaha