2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a call today for a scholarship offer from the same person who called me for the A. No email yet.

Edit: I probably should mention that I emailed Admissions to let them know about scholarships offers from other schools the previous week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got a call today for a scholarship offer from the same person who called me for the A. No email yet.

Edit: I probably should mention that I emailed Admissions to let them know about scholarships offers from other schools the previous week.
Hi!

Congratulations on your great success this cycle :). Did you receive a scholarship offer with you acceptance letter? I am assuming no but I wanted to make sure, I did not receive one with my acceptance letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the A last Wednesday 3/10. Interviewed January 27-29.

515 MCAT / 3.54 cumulative / 3.52 science / applied after graduating in 2020 so traditional with one gap year. URM, DACA-beneficiary.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi!

Congratulations on your great success this cycle :). Did you receive a scholarship offer with you acceptance letter? I am assuming no but I wanted to make sure, I did not receive one with my acceptance letter.
No. Got the A ~1 month ago, then I emailed Admissions last week to tell them about other scholarships and received their offer two days ago.

I've heard some ppl get their scholarship offer together with their acceptance letter though.

According to their Twitter page, more admissions decisions will be released Monday

According to their Twitter page, more admissions decisions will be released Monday
Exciting news! They also said “till the end of the month” so I think that means we’ll all get a decision by April 1st?

I interviewed 2/17-2/19 and received an acceptance call on Thursday. I bet they still have more calls to make!

• Care
Quick question: If I didn't send a thank you note to my interviewer, do you think that will hurt me? I know that UW said they don't accept additional communications...

Quick question: If I didn't send a thank you note to my interviewer, do you think that will hurt me? I know that UW said they don't accept additional communications...
I did not send any communication post-II and received an A. I don't think it contributes

Anyone know if their past match lists is public? I can't seem to find it

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A call was on Friday, with official letter coming in email today. II was 2/19! First high priority school acceptance for me. Average stats, Military background. Beyond elated!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who interviewed feb 24-26 heard back?

OOS here. Interviewed in jan, WL in feb, and A email in march! Only MD acceptance so far out of 48 schools. I am beyond grateful

Reactions: 2 users
OOS here. Interviewed in jan, WL in feb, and A email in march! Only MD acceptance so far out of 48 schools. I am beyond grateful
That’s awesome! Congrats. I had no idea they were pulling people off the waitlist already

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the acceptance call! IS, also interviewed the last week of February!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received their financial aid packages/knows when we are supposed to receive those by?

Has anyone received their financial aid packages/knows when we are supposed to receive those by?
I asked when I got the acceptance call and he said that scholarships would potentially come after the committee met (they hadn’t met yet for my cohort), but that it was separate from financial aid (loans). He told me that information wouldn’t come till much later since they do undergrads first.

Has anyone received an admissions decision yesterday or today?

I asked when I got the acceptance call and he said that scholarships would potentially come after the committee met (they hadn’t met yet for my cohort), but that it was separate from financial aid (loans). He told me that information wouldn’t come till much later since they do undergrads first.
Is there more than one scholarship committee/more chances for scholarships? I received one during my acceptance call last Thursday (interviewed last week of Feb)

Last edited:
Is there more than one scholarship committee/more chances for scholarships? I received one during my acceptance call last Friday (interviewed last week of Feb)
I have no idea. All he told me is that the committee that was going to review my application for a scholarship hadn’t met yet and I could hear back in the next couple weeks about that (or hear nothing if I don’t get one)... I wish they sent out more information about that in an email. Hopefully on second look day they’ll say more about it.

Anyone else from the first week of March not heard back yet? 😬😬

Is there an SDN Easter thing going on right now? If so it’s very weird

Is there an SDN Easter thing going on right now? If so it’s very weird
It's for April fool's - the joys of applying to med school article is 💯 tongue in cheek
-addendum: well played SDN autocorrect , well playes

Do we know when second look day will be yet/have we received an email about it? I'm hoping that I'm getting all the right information! Is there a student portal or anything? The only communication I've received was my acceptance email - should there have been other things?

Do we know when second look day will be yet/have we received an email about it? I'm hoping that I'm getting all the right information! Is there a student portal or anything? The only communication I've received was my acceptance email - should there have been other things?
Yes, right now the second look is reserved for April 9, 10 & 12. There’s different sessions spread over those days! Depending on when you were accepted you should be getting an email about it soon.

Did any of you see the new US News ranking? Why was there so much change compared to last year?

In the 20s I think for research
Ah i found the numbers. it was #16 for primary care and #27 for research in 2021. i am not sure why research went down and primary care went up