-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stony Brook
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! When were you complete?Same!
lovepickles
Full Member
Does anyone know if the interview will be open-file or close-file?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
astrocyte1999
Full Member
II just now, Complete 7/18!
II yesterday, LM 70. IS.
joshuamarcus
Full Member
II just now
+1!! Congrats! Complete 7/18II just now
+1!! Congrats! Complete 7/18
i stg ur in every thread i check with an interview. ur gonna need shadow clones at this point to manage all ur interviews god damn
thanks! Yeah i am honestly still in shock every single time! I’m incredibly grateful and I won’t complain but yes it’s getting pretty stressful as the interviews approach as far a timing and overlap loli stg ur in every thread i check with an interview. ur gonna need shadow clones at this point to manage all ur interviews god damn
joshuamarcus
Full Member
thanks! Yeah i am honestly still in shock every single time! I’m incredibly grateful and I won’t complain but yes it’s getting pretty stressful as the interviews approach as far a timing and overlap lol
Speaking of timing... Do you see a time (not date) for the interviews? Are we just supposed to assume it'll take the entire day?
Speaking of timing... Do you see a time (not date) for the interviews? Are we just supposed to assume it'll take the entire day?
If noone else jumps in, I will let you know momentarily! I don’t have access to my computer atm
As far as I could tell they're going to let us know a few days prior. My confirmation email said this, but didn't clarify if there would be info sessions or something to fill the rest of the daySpeaking of timing... Do you see a time (not date) for the interviews? Are we just supposed to assume it'll take the entire day?
hermitcrab97
Full Member
Speaking of timing... Do you see a time (not date) for the interviews? Are we just supposed to assume it'll take the entire day?
once you confirm a day they'll email you within a few days and lyk what specific time your interviews are. its not the whole day, more like 2 hrs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovepickles
Full Member
I scheduled my interview on Wednesday and still haven't heard more informationonce you confirm a day they'll email you within a few days and lyk what specific time your interviews are. its not the whole day, more like 2 hrs
II received, in state, ORM, stats in signature, Complete Mid July
QwertyLover123
Full Member
II this morning! IS 518 3.7. I was complete 7/28. I literally got this email 1 minute after a rejection email from another school so very well received.
+1 II this morning! IS, ORM. Complete mid July.
🙁 but I didnt get one
D
deleted785419
What school rejected?II this morning! IS 518 3.7. I was complete 7/28. I literally got this email 1 minute after a rejection email from another school so very well received.
immunoguy23
Full Member
MSTP II this morning! OOS, 520, 3.26 undergrad, 4.0 master's, complete 8/14. Got a rejection at the same time so very happy.
QwertyLover123
Full Member
BU lmao. They are coming for peoples heads these past 2 weeksWhat school rejected?
whag dates are they booking?
immunoguy23
Full Member
BU rejected me this morning too - MD/PhD and MDBU lmao. They are coming for peoples heads these past 2 weeks
accio_knowledge
New Member
For those of you with an interview soon, have you received info about the TR info sessions or the times of your interview? I would love to have any heads up so I can ask to take time off from work! Thanks in advance!!
sillyusername
Full Member
For those asking about timing: two open-file interviews on one day, ~45 min in length each. Optional info sessions on Tues/Thurs every week except holidays until the end of the year.
I'm stealing your signature I love it lolFor those asking about timing: two open-file interviews on one day, ~45 min in length each. Optional info sessions on Tues/Thurs every week except holidays until the end of the year.
II just now! My first one 🙂 IS (Long Island native), URM, 511 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Complete date?II just now! My first one 🙂 IS (Long Island native), URM, 511 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA
Congrats! Complete date?
Thank you!! Complete 7/25
For those asking about timing: two open-file interviews on one day, ~45 min in length each. Optional info sessions on Tues/Thurs every week except holidays until the end of the year.
can you clarify what you mean by info sessions?
immunoguy23
Full Member
Has anyone done an MSTP interview yet?
was having a pretty awesome day and could feel something better coming, maybe its sharingan idk but GOT THE INTERVIEW WOOOOOH
I apologize I forgot to mention but I am OOS (NJ)Any OOS/international applicants with II? Almost all of them seem to be IS so far
I apologize I forgot to mention but I am OOS (NJ)
+1 OOS nakama
elrm257
Full Member
Do you mind sharing stats and your completion date?I apologize I forgot to mention but I am OOS (NJ)
lovepickles
Full Member
im also OOS!+1 OOS nakama
immunoguy23
Full Member
I'm also OOS! MSTP II last weekAny OOS/international applicants with II? Almost all of them seem to be IS so far
For those asking about timing: two open-file interviews on one day, ~45 min in length each. Optional info sessions on Tues/Thurs every week except holidays until the end of the year.
my interview was ~ 30 min in length, but yes 2 open file interviews. Not sure if it depends on the interviewer but fyi just so people aren't surprised to be cut off at 30 minutes 🙂
sillyusername
Full Member
can you clarify what you mean by info sessions?
It was a series of short (~15 min) sessions by different people on different topics (finaid, diversity, etc) that lasted a little over an hour.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovepickles
Full Member
i have no ties and got a IIHi, I'm wondering how many people who are getting II are in state or have ties to NY? I'm OOS with no ties so I'm not sure if it's worth putting an application if they are tend towards IS or people with ties
astrocyte1999
Full Member
I am also OOS with no ties and got a II
zelazowawola
New Member
Hi! I'm OOS with no ties and received and II on 9/21.
For those of you who have interviewed, I was wondering whether the interviews tend to be in the morning or in the afternoon? Just tryna request time off from work
For those of you who have interviewed, I was wondering whether the interviews tend to be in the morning or in the afternoon? Just tryna request time off from work
Morning and it was really laid backHi! I'm OOS with no ties and received and II on 9/21.
For those of you who have interviewed, I was wondering whether the interviews tend to be in the morning or in the afternoon? Just tryna request time off from work
1 of mine is in the morning the other in the afternoon