You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stony Brook
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II today
For anyone who has already had their interview, any tips? 🙂 Also I got the interview email last week and scheduled mine but still haven't heard back about times, should I follow up with them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I also really need to know my times but my interview isnt for a monthFor anyone who has already had their interview, any tips? 🙂 Also I got the interview email last week and scheduled mine but still haven't heard back about times, should I follow up with them?
Yeah I also really need to know my times but my interview isnt for a month
Yeah I'm in same boat - I just requested the whole day off from work but I would love to change it to a half day if I can
Well if anyone emails them and finds out how the hours work, that would rockYeah I'm in same boat - I just requested the whole day off from work but I would love to change it to a half day if I can
Wow this thread seems pretty dead compared to other ones. II received today!
Zulka
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date? Thank you!Wow this thread seems pretty dead compared to other ones. II received today!
Thanks! My complete email says 7/21.Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date? Thank you!
lovepickles
Full Member
Hi! Congrats to those of you receiving II invites! May i ask, if you are all OOS or IS, or OOS with ties? Also are you ORM or URM? I am an OOS ORM with no ties so just trying to see my chances
I'm OOS, no ties and ORM
flightless_bird
Full Member
OOS ORM no tiesHi! Congrats to those of you receiving II invites! May i ask, if you are all OOS or IS, or OOS with ties? Also are you ORM or URM? I am an OOS ORM with no ties so just trying to see my chances
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
Are the interview slots booked for the rest of October?
Hi! Congrats to those of you receiving II invites! May i ask, if you are all OOS or IS, or OOS with ties? Also are you ORM or URM? I am an OOS ORM with no ties so just trying to see my chances
I'm IS, ORM
Are the interview slots booked for the rest of October?
when i booked a bit back, october was already fully booked
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
depaysement
Full Member
II this morning! Looked like there were still a decent amount of spots in November on
Zulka
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date and stats? Thank you!II this morning! Looked like there were still a decent amount of spots in November on
depaysement
Full Member
Complete 07/28 IS URM LM 73Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date and stats? Thank you!
D
deleted1072929
most schools seem to be behind on sending IIs. I'm sure stony brook is the sameIs the consensus that Stony is behind on sending IIs? Just noticed that a lot of those receiving them are complete in July/August, or am I just giving myself false hope lol
Is the consensus that Stony is behind on sending IIs? Just noticed that a lot of those receiving them are complete in July/August, or am I just giving myself false hope lol
idk if they're behind - they are booking into november rn
lovepickles
Full Member
does anyone know how long the interviews are?? just got my interviewers today!
Just got a II, international
when were u completeJust got a II, international
same datecomplete 07/24 wbu guys
Just had mine this morning, they were about 40 min each!does anyone know how long the interviews are?? just got my interviewers today!
lovepickles
Full Member
ooh yay congrats! would you say it was a laid back interview?Just had mine this morning, they were about 40 min each!
complete 07/16when were u complete
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratulations my homie! best of luck to u and thanks for responding so fastcomplete 07/16
How many and what time of day? Worried about running into conflicts that day because they didnt give me a time and no other day works for meJust had mine this morning, they were about 40 min each!
Not exactly laid back, but not too bad either. Weirdly, my faculty interview was more laid back than the student one, but overall it wasn't too intense. I'd give it like a 6/10 on intensity. Definitely one of my favorite interviews so far, very interesting questions were asked.ooh yay congrats! would you say it was a laid back interview?
Also thank you!! 🙂
Two interviews, 10 am and 11 am, back to back. From what I understand, not all interviewees had it back to back, but they were close enough in time. Maybe email admissions and explain that you don't want to run into conflicts and ask what time your interviews are?How many and what time of day? Worried about running into conflicts that day because they didn't give me a time and no other day works for me
Hey was anyone interviewed here told when to expect decisions? Thanks!
MS1 here, let me know if I can help answer any questions!
does SBU actually offer decent financial aid? i think i read that you can get IS tuition after a year, but damn the costs here look steep
What are the currently available interview dates? Thanks!
II today! I was able to schedule for October, but there were also dates open in Nov + Dec
when were you complete?II today! I was able to schedule for October, but there were also dates open in Nov + Dec
when were you complete?
7/21
immunoguy23
Full Member
Asked this a while ago but figured I'd try again. Any MSTP applicants here interview already? I am in November but scheduled it back in Sept. so wondering how far along the process they are.
I know a few people that have received grant money, but generally, financial aid here isn't the greatest. That's an issue with state schools in general, not an SBU specific problem.does SBU actually offer decent financial aid? i think i read that you can get IS tuition after a year, but damn the costs here look steep
II today! I was able to schedule for October, but there were also dates open in Nov + Dec
Awesome. Gives me hope. I submitted my app late here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
altruistic_hopeful
Full Member
does anyone know if SBU is rolling acceptance or standard?
Zulka
Full Member
Based on MSAR they are rolling with the earliest acceptance date being today.does anyone know if SBU is rolling acceptance or standard?
lovepickles
Full Member
absolutely love this school! finished interviews this week and I can't wait
lovepickles
Full Member
when do you think we will hear back??
DorianDinosaur
Full Member
This might be kind of an odd question, but where is the right place to upload the pic of a state ID that Stony asks for when you schedule your interview? I put it in "Applicant Photo" under the Interview tab - is that okay? Thanks!