2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For current students: what is the cutoff for the honors grade in the preclinical years and does the school do internal rankings?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope they dip into that regular WL 🙁 it's already June 3rd but I also feel like they've had a lot of movement post April 30th
Hey guys, first post here~!

I just checked my email and it states that regular wait list movement begins late Spring. Let's keep praying for movement off the wait list. Fingers crossed!
 
Just emailed them today and they basically gave no new information, besides waitlist movement having started and that the waitlist is confidential. Does anyone know the CTE deadline? Maybe there will be more movement closer to that date.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just emailed them today and they basically gave no new information, besides waitlist movement having started and that the waitlist is confidential. Does anyone know the CTE deadline? Maybe there will be more movement closer to that date.
I’ve been trying to find a CTE deadline for all medical schools and haven’t been successful yet.
 
Just got rejected off of regular waitlist.
I know it's not what you hoped for. But I think it's good to get closure especially after waiting for so long. Hopefully we will all get the final decisions soon. It would be helpful for me to know soon before I begin submitting re-applications.
 
Withdrew app today 🙁 Really liked the environment at Stony Brook and all that the school had to offer, but, after 14 weeks of waiting for an interview response (unfortunately still haven't heard back), decided to pull the plug and finally hit CTE at another amazing school 🙂

Wishing the absolute best to everyone who's gotten in or waiting to hear back! Especially for those folks still in flux or even considering reapplying, please don't give up that dream and drive you came in with! This has been such a difficult year, and I have all the faith that we'll all be colleagues once everything comes to a rest 🙂 The push is so so worth it, and I can't wait for everyone out there to be living this dream.

Note to any future applicant lurking on this thread: If you find yourself waiting over 8 weeks for an interview response, I would go ahead and shoot the AdCom an email checking in about the status (unless the AdCom specifically objects to that)! Definitely wish I had this cycle. Even if the AdCom gives the same general response to all who ask, sending an email still shows that you're strongly interested in hearing back and gives the AdCom an incentive to reply to you sooner... This seemed to work for quite a few people this cycle!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I hope y'all have found success during this difficult application cycle. I'm a first year med student interested in transferring to stony brook. Has anyone heard anything about stony's transfer process? I know the school has a brief webpage on their website about this stuff but it doesn't say much.