2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To accepted students: does anyone know how to pay this deposit? Or is it not possible now?
Also, for "If you do not submit your deposit by 11:59 pm on the posted due date and also select “Plan to Enroll,” your acceptance offer will be withdrawn," can anyone actually see this aforementioned due date? Also kind of weird that they ask us to select "Plan to Enroll" before the AMCAS tool is even open...
Mine says I have to choose "Commit to Enroll" ... is that a mistake or are they saying I need to commit to Downstate before I hear back from other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine says I have to choose "Commit to Enroll" ... is that a mistake or are they saying I need to commit to Downstate before I hear back from other schools?
i highly doubt they are saying to commit so soon ...the AMCAS tool isnt even up yet

Reactions: 1 user
That's wild and there's no way :/
I have a feeling that their portal is just out-dated and not written very well... can any current students chime in on what we actually have to do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! Interviewed in Early November!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed mid October, have no As and thought downstate would come thru. I didnt recieve any email tonight and am sorta panicking. Ughhhh **** me

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
In last year's thread there was 3 waves. One the night before (only 2 people posted unlike now) , one at 6am and one at 10:30 of the day after.
Edit: But this year is really a wild card tbh. Apparently everyone tonight got the email at around 8:40ish.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted :) Interviewed 11/2

accepted! OOS, got the email at 8:42 and interviewed end of october

ACCEPTED FOR THE FIRST TIME THIRD TIME REAPPLICANT

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 32 users
I interviewed mid October, have no As and thought downstate would come thru. I didnt recieve any email tonight and am sorta panicking. Ughhhh **** me
Literally me rn except I interviewed in December :(( Hopefully they'll pull thru tomorrow eek.

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THOSE As though!!!!

Folks, be sure to check the deadline for when you have to submit your offer response on the portal. My deadline is two calendar days, so I filled it out immediately. To secure your enrollment be sure to:

- Answer the offer response question on the portal
- Submit the $100 deposit
- Email the admissions team saying whether you accept or decline your offer, as instructed to do so by the offer response page on the portal.

Can't wait to meet you guys in August!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody with their last name towards the end of the alphabet hear back tonight? Just trying to figure out the order they are going in

My last name is in the first 10 letters of the alphabet and I didn’t hear ****, fwiw

• Care
How we feeling January interview people?!?!? (mid-January for me lol) :)

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an A. I HOPE I HEAR SOON Early november peeps!

QUESTION!!!! For everyone who got the A tonight, did you all fill out the FAFSA in regards for financial aspects? wondering if DS takes that into account when accepting ppl

How we feeling January interview people?!?!? (mid-January for me lol) :)
Mid January here too, trying to keep calm. Dying to hear back but trying to accept that's unlikely going to happen any time soon according to last years thread. :/

late sept interviewee here.... hahahha rip

• Care
Mid January here too, trying to keep calm. Dying to hear back but trying to accept that's unlikely going to happen any time soon according to last years thread. :/
Im with you! I am also a total underdog for this school so I am just thankful (and shocked) that I got an interview in the first place! The waiting game is on! Good luck to everyone!

I've been looking more closely and it seems there is conflicting information on Downstate's website vs their portal.

Their website says the deposit doesn't need to be paid until April 15th but the portal says it's needed within 14 days of acceptance.
Apparently deposits are refundable until April 30th.

Is the $100 deposit due in 14 days or by April 30th? I'm so confused

Edit: looks like everyone else confused as well. I'm just gonna email the admissions office in the morning to find out

Looking at last year's thread, acceptances kept creeping out at random times in the days following the big A wave. And DS has good waitlist movement too. All hope isn't lost!

• Care
A at 5:06pm PST! Interviewed early November I believe.

Idk if this helps at all, but my portal never even gave me the option to select "Plan to Enroll" it only gives me the option to accept or decline my offer. Those with 's are you also emailing admissions to accept your offer?

Congrats to everyone with A's! Praying for the best for everyone still waiting for A's!!

A at 5:06pm PST! Interviewed early November I believe.

Idk if this helps at all, but my portal never even gave me the option to select "Plan to Enroll" it only gives me the option to accept or decline my offer. Those with 's are you also emailing admissions to accept your offer?

Congrats to everyone with A's! Praying for the best for everyone still waiting for A's!!
Plan to enroll is an AMCAS tool not a school one!

For my Accepted people, I:

filled out the question part saying that I accept
paid the 100 dollars
emailed the admissions people.

Anything else we need to do?

Folks, be sure to check the deadline for when you have to submit your offer response on the portal. My deadline is two calendar days, so I filled it out immediately. To secure your enrollment be sure to:

- Answer the offer response question on the portal
- Submit the $100 deposit
- Email the admissions team saying whether you accept or decline your offer, as instructed to do so by the offer response page on the portal.

Can't wait to meet you guys in August!
Thank you for this post!! Almost missed the instruction to email them. Do you happen to know how to complete the background check on Certiphi? Do we wait for a link to be emailed to us?

Got the A! E-mail received 8:43pm EST, IS, URM, interviewed like mid-late October and it was a stress interview. Don’t freak yourself out if you had one.

First A of the cycle. Super relieved to see that I will at least be a doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for this post!! Almost missed the instruction to email them. Do you happen to know how to complete the background check on Certiphi? Do we wait for a link to be emailed to us?
I think they have to email the link cuz the other is just for md/mph.

Accepted. ****. Stress game crazy. Interviewed November 10th. Thank you universe. Be in New York in August

Reactions: 5 users
i wonder how they decide who’s in each wave

• Hmm
this is my top choice school, but my interview didn't go great. I'm also an underdog with 68 LM

sooo nervous. oh and also I interviewed in the first half of january. I will be obsessively checking this thread lol

Question did anyone get accepted who interviewed in early to mid January?

• Hmm
this is my top choice school, but my interview didn't go great. I'm also an underdog with 68 LM

sooo nervous. oh and also I interviewed in the first half of january. I will be obsessively checking this thread lol
Literally we are the same person lmao. SAME.

For my Accepted people, I:

filled out the question part saying that I accept
paid the 100 dollars
emailed the admissions people.

Anything else we need to do?
It's a bit unclear, but their portal also says to select "Plan to Enroll" within 14 days and to select "Commit to Enroll" on the posted due-date (whatever that is, because it's not on my portal lol)

Anyone know the post-II a rate for OOS students? I only saw data on the upstate campus, not downstate

It's a bit unclear, but their portal also says to select "Plan to Enroll" within 14 days and to select "Commit to Enroll" on the posted due-date (whatever that is, because it's not on my portal lol)
Ya same for me. Also I got the confirmation email for the deposit but it didn’t show up on the actual portal. I think the whole thing is a little buggy but we did everything we were asked

My anxiety is skyrocketing 😤

• Care
So I paid the $100 deposit last night, but the portal still has not marked it as complete or updated at all to indicate that it has been paid... is anyone else experiencing this? Do we think it's just still processing?

So I paid the $100 deposit last night, but the portal still has not marked it as complete or updated at all to indicate that it has been paid... is anyone else experiencing this? Do we think it's just still processing?
Same for me. When I click to make payment again it tells me I’ve already made one. So we good