2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we be expecting a decisions wave today?
Rumor from last night was that there might be another wave around 10:30am est. We'll see if it's substantiated soon enough!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
omg i just got an email from ebay and the world literally stopped.....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Rumor from last night was that there might be another wave around 10:30am est. We'll see if it's substantiated soon enough!
Omg I got an email at 10:30am on the dot but is was for the HPSP. I don’t have the acceptance yet! :(

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
looks like no 10 AM A wave; Im back to my perpetual state of disappointment and gloom. :(

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
If we completed a background check for another school, how do we send that report to SUNY Downstate?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when Waitlist / rejection decisions were posted last year after acceptances?

Soooo there were over 20 acceptances last night... the 'small wave' last year only had a few followed by 20 acceptances the next day. Was last night the wave then? :///

Soooo there were over 20 acceptances last night... the 'small wave' last year only had a few followed by 20 acceptances the next day. Was last night the wave then? :///
nah i wouldnt take it that deep. this year with covid more people lurking online and using sdn probably

Reactions: 2 users
puzz-2.jpg

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Outside of the survey, deposit and email. We can’t do anything else right? The background check also has no link. Just making sure lol

Outside of the survey, deposit and email. We can’t do anything else right? The background check also has no link. Just making sure lol
Perhaps, FAFSA if you haven’t already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell me how to actually pay the deposit? I didn’t see a link anywhere

According to last years thread there was many waves of A's. They only started in February. Be patient and don't give up hope guys. It is far from over. They haven't even started to reply to people interviewing January onwards most likely.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
According to last years thread there was many waves of A's. They only started in February. Be patient and don't give up hope guys. It is far from over. They haven't even started to reply to people interviewing January onwards most likely.
Interviewed early Jan, didn't hear back, but maybe its because I'm not getting that A anyway

• Care
Interviewed mid/late oct and didn't hear back, feels bad :/ buuuut shiiit lets stay positive. Should be more A waves coming soon

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hm. Just got that A. BUT I’m scheduled to interview next week....

edit: I didn’t read the letter clearly!!! ‘‘Twas an A for the MPH, not the MD.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Re-applicant here. Interviewed in early January last year and was not notified of my waitlist placement until May 10. It really doesn’t seem like they care much to notify you promptly if you aren’t accepted. Interviewed this year in mid November, did not hear anything yesterday. I’m not expecting to hear anything from their office for awhile.

huh? Did I read that right?
HA. This is embarrassing. I can’t read. I was accepted to the MPH program which is a separate decision from the MD program. In my defense, the email said that a final decision was made on my application

Does anyone know if last years thread had multiple waves of acceptances following the first wave in Feb? Should I assume that I am either rejected or waitlisted since I interviewed in Oct and did not get a response last night?

HA. This is embarrassing. I can’t read. I was accepted to the MPH program which is a separate decision from the MD program. In my defense, the email said that a final decision was made on my application
LMFAOOOO SAME!

Y’all idk how it’s possible, but I interviewed like 5 days ago and got the A!

• Love
Hm. Just got that A. BUT I’m scheduled to interview next week....

edit: I didn’t read the letter clearly!!! ‘‘Twas an A for the MPH, not the MD.
I got the same email! I lost my **** thinking that they either withdrew my application because I missed a deadline or something, or just decided to rescind my interview offer entirely. 😅

lmaooo this is so on mark for downstate's administration mess

I got the same email! I lost my **** thinking that they either withdrew my application because I missed a deadline or something, or just decided to rescind my interview offer entirely. 😅
Omg right!! My first instinct was they changed their mind about the interview

Last edited:
So we fill out the MD/MPH response form and then just wait for our MD acceptance to hopefully follow this?

NEVERMIND ITS FOR THE MPH 😂😂😂 but then it says MD/MPH decision so idk 😂

do you know if i can apply to the mph program after being accepted to the MD program, and still do the dual degree?

Accepting our offer secures a spot in the MPH degree, but what‘s the protocol if we later decide to go to another program? Just email the school?

Dang I need help I'm getting really anxious right now. No results today :cryi:

Has anyone called to ask if there's gonna be more acceptances?

So anyone else now checking their email every 30 mins 😪

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know what to do if we no longer want to do the MPH..?

I have been trying to decipher these offer conditions for a day now and they conflict each other at every turn. The offer letter says to adhere to the posted due date in the offer reply form (which mine says 2 calendar days) but then goes on to say the $100 must be in 14 days. Then it references a posted due date (that doesn't appear to be anywhere) and says to mark "Plan to Enroll".

The offer form itself says nothing about 14 days, but just references a "due date" and then instead of saying that you need to click "Plan to Enroll" it says press "Commit to Enroll". Also what even is this acceptance form? Is this locking in your choice or what? Also you have to email them a choice too? Jesus Christ.

Also their website lists COMPLETELY different deadlines and dates than any of the offer letters or offer form. It lists that the deposit and "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" be completed by April 30th. Also it says everyone has 14 days to return the form, not this 2 calendar day mess.

Can anyone make heads or tails of this? I'm thinking I'm going to have to call tomorrow morning. I want to hold the spot but I don't want to commit yet obviously..

I have been trying to decipher these offer conditions for a day now and they conflict each other at every turn. The offer letter says to adhere to the posted due date in the offer reply form (which mine says 2 calendar days) but then goes on to say the $100 must be in 14 days. Then it references a posted due date (that doesn't appear to be anywhere) and says to mark "Plan to Enroll".

The offer form itself says nothing about 14 days, but just references a "due date" and then instead of saying that you need to click "Plan to Enroll" it says press "Commit to Enroll". Also what even is this acceptance form? Is this locking in your choice or what? Also you have to email them a choice too? Jesus Christ.

Also their website lists COMPLETELY different deadlines and dates than any of the offer letters or offer form. It lists that the deposit and "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" be completed by April 30th. Also it says everyone has 14 days to return the form, not this 2 calendar day mess.

Can anyone make heads or tails of this? I'm thinking I'm going to have to call tomorrow morning. I want to hold the spot but I don't want to commit yet obviously..
Can someone confirm that when we email them saying we want to accept the offer and respond to their portal form, it doesn't lock us in? I thought we could hold infinitely many acceptances until 4/30...

Guess tonight will not be the night lol :/

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I’m anxious about hopefully getting an A, and now I have a new fear: figuring out how to accept the A if I even get one

o_O:lol::nailbiting:

Did anyone get an acceptance decision via the portal but not expect it? Do they send acceptances for just the MPH? Just happened at 9:30pm