-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I believe early Sep?What were your complete dates?
Wow. So I got the update email today. Apparently the original "On Hold" email I got last week was actually meant for me and the apology following it saying that it was a mistake - was itself a mistake...I think applying to this school may have been the real mistake here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mcath8er
Full Member
arabsensation
Full Member
Has anyone ever been on hold and get an interview?
D
deleted963608
Yup I’m on hold
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
I did not get an on hold email, but is there somewhere in the portal that shows that your status in on hold?
imagine they screwed up again today and sent everyone the emailfeels like everyone is on hold again lol
Yes!!Wait is this quoted verbatim?
Just wondering, did you receive the hold email on Friday?I did not get an on hold email, but is there somewhere in the portal that shows that your status in on hold?
pre-med202022
Full Member
On hold
Wow, I'm actually in disbeliefYes!!
I didn't get the hold email yet. I got the Friday hold and apology though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Yes. I got the hold email and then the apology, but no hold email today. Just curious if you can see that you're on hold in portal.Just wondering, did you receive the hold email on Friday?
pre-med202022
Full Member
I was sent the hold email today but do not see the hold status on the portalYes. I got the hold email and then the apology, but no hold email today. Just curious if you can see that you're on hold in portal.
What does that mean? I just looked mine up and it says "application status: complete". Sounds innocent to me.Just now got the hold email as well. It's just strange because I was complete pretty recently. Also no update in my portal, although I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the "Application Status" line. I assume this one is real?
D
deleted1054719
Just now got the hold email as well. It's just strange because I was complete pretty recently. Also no update in my portal, although I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the "Application Status" line. I assume this one is real?
Seems like they finally got their email sys figured out so I'd assume it's real.
Just got the "this hold email was actually meant for you email". Pretty upsetting after hearing straight from the admissions office originally that they weren't putting *anyone* on hold until much later and that it was a mistake. Good luck to everyone hold or not. Fingers crossed everything works out for everyone in this thread 🙂
elrm257
Full Member
+1 but I called them on Friday and they checked my status saying it was an error and i am not on hold. I AM CONFUSED....Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
It looks like they wanted to send out the actual HOLD emails last Fri, but someone accidentally sent it to all applicants.
It 100% definitely needed to be better worded though. People are going to be put on hold, that's the reality, but ouch that was hard to read.
It 100% definitely needed to be better worded though. People are going to be put on hold, that's the reality, but ouch that was hard to read.
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
I did not have an Application Status line on Friday, but when I logged in today I have one now. It says complete. So weird!Earlier in the thread I think it turned out that only some people have that "Application Status" line. Some people with and without interviews don't have it, so I'm not sure what the pattern is there, if any.
View attachment 319794
I did not have an Application Status line on Friday, but when I logged in today I have one now. It says complete. So weird!
Our files might not have been looked at yet. I was complete 9/11 and still didn't get the actual hold email yet.
OOS, complete late August and haven't received the hold yet...feels like it's coming soon lol
Seems like upstate hold is somewhere between soft R and a true hold. Most of people will get rejected but they sent some IIs from their hold poolHm, that is strange. I was complete 09/22 and haven't had that line the entire time.
By the way, does anyone know what hold movement usually looks like for Upstate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like upstate hold is somewhere between soft R and a true hold. Most of people will get rejected but they sent some IIs from their hold pool
Ah ok. That's good to know. I am wondering if the COVID-19 situation and the difficulties associated with remote operations is affecting this at all this year and making it closer to either a R or an actual hold.
honestly, Upstate is kinda weird because someone from last cycle with a hold got an II in late October although upstate said they won’t look at hold apps until december. So I guess our best bet is to forget about this mess and hope for II from other schoolsAh ok. That's good to know. I am wondering if the COVID-19 situation and the difficulties associated with remote operations is affecting this at all this year and making it closer to either a R or an actual hold.
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Have you had an interview?mine says "application status: decision made"
D
deleted1054719
So I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!
The question is...well why not LOL
stickyokra
Full Member
This school is a mess
Also got the "yes you are actually on hold" email today. My application status does say hold in banner, so I think it is real.
ok, that's weird... b/c I received the email this AM saying I was "in fact, supposed to receive that hold" but i do have the "Application Status" column... it just doesn't have anything filled in it..So I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!
EDIT: Also just as I said that, my application updated to include the Application Status line (it says "Hold").
anyone else?
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
For people that got an interview, can you explain what the wait list page is? From what I understand you select an interview date and the wait list page is just in case their is an opening before then?
Third-time reapplicant here.
Got hold -> R past two years.
Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..
Got hold -> R past two years.
Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..
Third-time reapplicant here.
Got hold -> R past two years.
Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..
Beautiful! Third time really is the charm.
retro2021
Full Member
Congratulations! You got this!Third-time reapplicant here.
Got hold -> R past two years.
Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..
Although Upstate has treated me poorly, I hope you end up with an amazing result with the school!!!!Third-time reapplicant here.
Got hold -> R past two years.
Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Third-time reapplicant here.
Got hold -> R past two years.
Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..
Congrats! When were you complete? Are you IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1I didn't have an application status in the portal before, but I just checked and I have one now. It says hold for re-review after dec. 1st in portal.
Congrats! When were you complete? Are you IS or OOS?
IS , with their glitchy system roughly completed mid-august.
and thank you everyone for the support! Got WL from three schools last year and it was not fun haha
😱 That is my worst nightmare. I hope you get that A this year!IS , with their glitchy system roughly completed mid-august.
and thank you everyone for the support! Got WL from three schools last year and it was not fun haha
elrm257
Full Member
+1 for the hold status, it was just added to my applicationSo I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!
EDIT: Also just as I said that, my application updated to include the Application Status line (it says "Hold").