2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just now got the hold email as well. It's just strange because I was complete pretty recently. Also no update in my portal, although I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the "Application Status" line. I assume this one is real?
What does that mean? I just looked mine up and it says "application status: complete". Sounds innocent to me.
 
Just now got the hold email as well. It's just strange because I was complete pretty recently. Also no update in my portal, although I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the "Application Status" line. I assume this one is real?

Seems like they finally got their email sys figured out so I'd assume it's real.
 
Just got the "this hold email was actually meant for you email". Pretty upsetting after hearing straight from the admissions office originally that they weren't putting *anyone* on hold until much later and that it was a mistake. Good luck to everyone hold or not. Fingers crossed everything works out for everyone in this thread 🙂
 
"Your application has been placed on hold"
“We sincerely apologize, hold was a mistake”
“Hold up, you were actually indeed supposed to be put on hold. Sorry”

The application process is already difficult. I'm IS so this hurts even more. 🙁 ow
 
It looks like they wanted to send out the actual HOLD emails last Fri, but someone accidentally sent it to all applicants.
It 100% definitely needed to be better worded though. People are going to be put on hold, that's the reality, but ouch that was hard to read.
 
Earlier in the thread I think it turned out that only some people have that "Application Status" line. Some people with and without interviews don't have it, so I'm not sure what the pattern is there, if any.

View attachment 319794
I did not have an Application Status line on Friday, but when I logged in today I have one now. It says complete. So weird!
SUNY.PNG
 
Why is this school playing with our feelings like this, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another error considering Friday Admissions told me I wasn't on hold and now I get an email that I am......
 
Are people on hold assigned priority for who gets off the hold list first? I know West Virginia does that but I’m not sure is SUNY upstate does that too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like upstate hold is somewhere between soft R and a true hold. Most of people will get rejected but they sent some IIs from their hold pool

Ah ok. That's good to know. I am wondering if the COVID-19 situation and the difficulties associated with remote operations is affecting this at all this year and making it closer to either a R or an actual hold.
 
Ah ok. That's good to know. I am wondering if the COVID-19 situation and the difficulties associated with remote operations is affecting this at all this year and making it closer to either a R or an actual hold.
honestly, Upstate is kinda weird because someone from last cycle with a hold got an II in late October although upstate said they won’t look at hold apps until december. So I guess our best bet is to forget about this mess and hope for II from other schools
 
So I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!

The question is...well why not LOL
 
Also got the "yes you are actually on hold" email today. My application status does say hold in banner, so I think it is real.
 
So I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!

EDIT: Also just as I said that, my application updated to include the Application Status line (it says "Hold").
ok, that's weird... b/c I received the email this AM saying I was "in fact, supposed to receive that hold" but i do have the "Application Status" column... it just doesn't have anything filled in it..

anyone else?
 
For people that got an interview, can you explain what the wait list page is? From what I understand you select an interview date and the wait list page is just in case their is an opening before then?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!

EDIT: Also just as I said that, my application updated to include the Application Status line (it says "Hold").
+1 for the hold status, it was just added to my application