2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck! Try not to worry and remember that the outcome won’t change even if you’re super stressed about it! someone in the thread recently said if it’s not this week it’ll probably be next week!
Thanks!!!! You're so kind <3 Really hoping they let me know soon

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the acceptances and rooting for those of you on the WL!

Interviewed 02/19 and still waiting...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still nearly 2000. Cry
You could always just buy cheap stuff to use there then. You can get a table set from somewhere like Walmart. We got the bed for our guest bedroom off of Amazon for cheap and it's pretty good.

Reactions: 1 users
Whats the cheapest way to move across country? Any ideas?

Agreed with not moving furniture if you don't have to. Cram your car with the essentials and hit up IKEA when you get where you're going - there's one like 50 minutes north of Toledo, you can outfit a whole apartment in one stop, and they have something at every price point. Otherwise, you're looking at UHAUL.

Might also be a good time to go Marie Kondo on yourself and consider what things you really need to bring with you. Getting rid of some of it can be kind of freeing.

• Love
This is my second cycle applying and I just got my first A, interviewed early March

holy crap

got an A today! IS, interviewed early March :)
Congratulations to both of you! Especially on your first A in two cycles!!!! That's amazing.

Can I ask what day specifically you both interviewed? I'm in the early March crowd and I just wondered if people from 3/2 had received As.

Also I'm confused by their criteria for sending out responses and unsure if I should be concerned about not hearing anything but med school decisions are a mystery I suppose.

Congratulations to both of you! Especially on your first A in two cycles!!!! That's amazing.

Can I ask what day specifically you both interviewed? I'm in the early March crowd and I just wondered if people from 3/2 had received As.

Also I'm confused by their criteria for sending out responses and unsure if I should be concerned about not hearing anything but med school decisions are a mystery I suppose.

Thanks!! I interviewed 3/5, so the order seems pretty random. I wouldn’t be concerned (although easier said than done, I know). Good luck!!!

Whats the cheapest way to move across country? Any ideas?
Agreed with not moving furniture if you don't have to. Cram your car with the essentials and hit up IKEA when you get where you're going - there's one like 50 minutes north of Toledo, you can outfit a whole apartment in one stop, and they have something at every price point. Otherwise, you're looking at UHAUL.

Might also be a good time to go Marie Kondo on yourself and consider what things you really need to bring with you. Getting rid of some of it can be kind of freeing.
There are also a couple cheap furniture as well as second hand places if you ok with that in Toledo

Got an acceptance email earlier today!! I interviewed early March.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all! Mind directing me to some stores?
Honestly goodwill at the end of the semester when the college students move out can be a goldmine sometimes. Burlington also has really cheap stuff that's still new. Plato's closet for clothes if you want.

Anyone know anything about Edge 1120 apts? Fully furnished so I could avoid having to move my crap across the country or buy all new stuff

02/19 interview and nothing in my inbox or spam...if y'all have any healthy coping mechanisms for this let me know!
I recently hit 700 hrs on Animal Crossing. Healthy? Debatable. But it helped me check SDN every half-hour instead of every ten minutes. Good luck!!!

I recently hit 700 hrs on Animal Crossing. Healthy? Debatable. But it helped me check SDN every half-hour instead of every ten minutes. Good luck!!!
Haha glad to hear that I'm not the only one that checks every 10 minutes lol
My only way of avoiding this is to not be at my laptop, which is hard with zoom-schooling

Anybody else who’s been post II limbo get the “Diversity and Inclusion Meet & Greet”?

I did! About 3 hours ago. Im right there with you. Hopefully good sign but idk.
Yeah it’s weird to me cause there’s a whole group of us who’ve interviewed in late Feb/early March and haven’t heard back who probably got this. Since this event is scheduled for late April, does that mean we all got accepted?

Yeah it’s weird to me cause there’s a whole group of us who’ve interviewed in late Feb/early March and haven’t heard back who probably got this. Since this event is scheduled for late April, does that mean we all got accepted?

I want to say yes because i want the answer to be yes. However, it technically does say in the email that we were accepted or interviewed. It makes me think that the email is just generic (potentially for URMs?). But youre right, it is odd they sent us something that isnt happening until April. Fingers crossed that it means good news is coming. Good luck!!

Finally got this

26C583F2-C0FC-421C-9752-8799D452A5A5.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Mentally preparing for this week. I have a feeling I might be hearing back this week. So manifest an acceptance for me. I will send good vibes to you all as well. Dear lord I don't want to retake my mcat. Have mercy on this humble soul.:)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Mentally preparing for this week. I have a feeling I might be hearing back this week. So manifest an acceptance for me. Dear lord I don't want to retake my mcat. Have mercy on this humble soul.:)
In the same boat as you (and also slightly dreading the prospect of hearing back)...really don't want to re-apply lol. Hoping really hard for acceptances for both of us!!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone that interviewed on March 12 heard back yet?
I interviewed 3/12 and haven't heard anything. Kinda expecting/hoping for later this week! My impression is they've been pretty good about a 3 week turn around give or take some.

I interviewed 3/12 and haven't heard anything. Kinda expecting/hoping for later this week! My impression is they've been pretty good about a 3 week turn around give or take some.
Good luck! Hope we both get As!

Are interviews still being sent out? Didn't get a pre-II R yet so I'm curious.

Accepted!!!!!--my first acceptance!!! Soooo excited to join y'all and so relieved too! OOS but ties to Ohio
Email came in 2 pm EST

Edit: interviewed 02/19
Edit again: looks like I can't spell lol

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted also!!!!!! AHHH So excited!! got email around 3 pm! interviewed 2/23

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
LOL. I got a second care package in the mail. Probably because I rescheduled my interview.

• Haha
Congrats guys! I'm hoping for an II but I'm going to do some virtual shadowing to prepare for a reapplication

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
IF we took the MCAT in August 2018, can we still reapply again next cycle or do we have to retake? Are there any MD schools that will accept MCATs from that long ago?

IF we took the MCAT in August 2018, can we still reapply again next cycle or do we have to retake? Are there any MD schools that will accept MCATs from that long ago?
I feel like most of schools accepts the score from past 3 years. So reapplying this cycle should be fine. Also, this is mostly school dependent (as some accept going back to 5 years). Do check the school website before applying.

August 18 is actually the oldest they are using for this current next cycle. It would be super duper expired at this school next cycle. There are some schools that do take an MCAT that old, someone put together a list on reddit just a few days ago

August 18 is actually the oldest they are using for this current next cycle. It would be super duper expired at this school next cycle. There are some schools that do take an MCAT that old, someone put together a list on reddit just a few days ago
Toledo changed their guidelines this cycle because of covid. I took my MCAT in April 2018 and they considered it valid. Not sure what they’ll decide on for this coming cycle.

Edit: currently, their website says they’re accepting MCAT scores taken within 3 years from the time of application. I assume that means that if one were to apply by June/July 2021, an August 2018 MCAT would be just barely valid.

Last edited: