You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Davis
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lol, it's possible that they are sending it for a money grab. I honestly think they messed up with my application since I've received a few II from a few places already including UC Davis.Are they really considering or they just sending it for the $$ grabs... My friend got an R after submitting his secondary and he got his 2ndary app super late like around late Oct.
I'm pretty sure submitting my secondary this late in the game is a major disadvantage, but they responded to my email with a secondary, so I guess I got their attention at least.
My subject is applicant question, and the body of my email is letting them know the date I had my primary certified. It's been a few months since I completed my last secondary from every program except for UCSF. I let them know I received IIs from a few places, and I am still interested would like to show them that I could be a great fit for their program.That's awesome! May I ask how you structured your email?
UCSF. I've already received and did my interview with UCD. I brought up this example because the poster I quoted in my original post wondered if it would help to send an email to admissions at UCD.Did you mean UCD? Not sure if you meant to post this in the UCSF thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does getting a secondary here mean anything? I got one like an hour after I submitted my primary, but I was pretty late anyway and don't know if I should "waste" $120 D:
meeeeeededed
Full Member
Does getting a secondary here mean anything? I got one like an hour after I submitted my primary, but I was pretty late anyway and don't know if I should "waste" $120 D:
receiving after an hour means you were auto-screened by the system
receiving after an hour means you were auto-screened by the system
As in, we shouldn’t submit the secondary?
It means you passed the screen so you’re good to go. I waited two months because I didn’t pass the initial screen.As in, we shouldn’t submit the secondary?
meeeeeededed
Full Member
As in, we shouldn’t submit the secondary?
every unsubmitted secondary is a missed acceptance offer.
No II's from any school so far. I'm lowkey crying inside. I'm a reapplicant GPA 3.5, MCAT 511, URM from Northern CA. Submitted my Davis secondary 9/4. I'm starting to give up hope. Sorry I have nothing helpful to share. I'm just here to vent/complain to people who understand the struggle.
meeeeeededed
Full Member
No II's from any school so far. I'm lowkey crying inside. I'm a reapplicant GPA 3.5, MCAT 511, URM from Northern CA. Submitted my Davis secondary 9/4. I'm starting to give up hope. Sorry I have nothing helpful to share. I'm just here to vent/complain to people who understand the struggle.
did you not apply to osteopathic schools?
did you not apply to osteopathic schools?
why would you ask that lol
No II's from any school so far. I'm lowkey crying inside. I'm a reapplicant GPA 3.5, MCAT 511, URM from Northern CA. Submitted my Davis secondary 9/4. I'm starting to give up hope. Sorry I have nothing helpful to share. I'm just here to vent/complain to people who understand the struggle.
Don't worry man. I'm in a similar boat, being from CA and a reapplicant. It's tough not hearing the news you want. I know "there's still plenty of time" isn't the most soothing response, but keep you chin up. Hoping the best for you, me, and other struggling too.
meeeeeededed
Full Member
why would you ask that lol
sorry if it didn't sound right. cz their stats are good to get atleast an II at a DO school.
II!! Earliest available interview was early February
TheBeyonceOfPremed
Full Member
Alright I am from Texas and they haven't got back to me yet. Last email I got was about the SJT test. A GIRL IS TIRED OF WAITING!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't received a secondary and my primary application was submitted in July. I've emailed them a couple of times in the past and even wrote a letter describing my interest, and I got the same response both times. Just to wait and that they don't accept supplemental materials. I get and understand it but at this point, even though UC Davis was my top choice, I feel like I am just going to move on.
Thanks for the encouragementDespite the reporting bias on sdn, most applicants are in the same situation. We're all in it together.
CONGRATSII!! Earliest available interview was early February
CONGRATSII!! Earliest available interview was early February
thanks!!! You’re right. I’ll try stay calm. Wishing us both luckDon't worry man. I'm in a similar boat, being from CA and a reapplicant. It's tough not hearing the news you want. I know "there's still plenty of time" isn't the most soothing response, but keep you chin up. Hoping the best for you, me, and other struggling too.
The process is very delayed this year. They even extended their deadline. Maybe they’ll still send you one. It’s not over till it’s over. You’ll end up at the right place for you though at the right time.I still haven't received a secondary and my primary application was submitted in July. I've emailed them a couple of times in the past and even wrote a letter describing my interest, and I got the same response both times. Just to wait and that they don't accept supplemental materials. I get and understand it but at this point, even though UC Davis was my top choice, I feel like I am just going to move on.
No II's from any school so far. I'm lowkey crying inside. I'm a reapplicant GPA 3.5, MCAT 511, URM from Northern CA. Submitted my Davis secondary 9/4. I'm starting to give up hope. Sorry I have nothing helpful to share. I'm just here to vent/complain to people who understand the struggle.
I submitted my secondary in September last year and got my II in late December.
benignradical
Full Member
Any CA ORMs with a low 70 LM receive an II yet?
no 🙁 I have been complete since 8/3, but I'm trying to be patient as the cycle is weird lolAny CA ORMs with a low 70 LM receive an II yet?
benignradical
Full Member
With you friend, pretty much same completion date. Here's hoping for late Nov. II's for the both of us.no 🙁 I have been complete since 8/3, but I'm trying to be patient as the cycle is weird lol
Mind if I ask your stats?I submitted my secondary in September last year and got my II in late December.
metricshadow12
Full Member
I received an II today! I cant believe it!, soonest is Feb though so Im not holding my breath:/
When were you complete?I received an II today! I cant believe it!, soonest is Feb though so Im not holding my breath:/
letsgoooooo
Full Member
congrats! when did u submit secondary?II!! Earliest available interview was early February
awesome, just received the secondary.
Congrats! Are you from Northern CA or have ties to Northern CA ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind if I ask your stats?
510, 3.7cGPA, 3.6sGPA
I received an II today! I cant believe it!, soonest is Feb though so Im not holding my breath:/
Good. That means you are breathing normally and are staying calm. 😉
Any time is a good time to interview at Davis.
Thank u! Complete 7/21congrats! when did u submit secondary?
Avacado001
Full Member
Anyone still waiting for a secondary? 🙁
MeeeeAnyone still waiting for a secondary? 🙁
Meeee
BUDDY. Join the club HAHAAnyone still waiting for a secondary? 🙁
from CA but no ties to norcal, so not really expecting much love after i submit this secondary.Congrats! Are you from Northern CA or have ties to Northern CA ?
premedxpremed
Full Member
I was invited to interview last year on 10/3 and was waitlisted until the very last day, but it's been radio silence since my secondary which I submitted ages ago..... I'm beginning to lose hope 🙁 Any advice?
i submitted in july i think. still silent 🙁
premedxpremed
Full Member
Congrats!!! 🙂 Can I ask when's the earliest II date available?? :0II just now! OOS Complete 9/7
Thank you! The only availability was 1/8Congrats!!! 🙂 Can I ask when's the earliest II date available?? :0
plant_lady
Full Member
i submitted in july i think. still silent 🙁
+1 here too. Completed mid August and silence.. Seems like they're already inviting people who completed in September. 🙁
benignradical
Full Member
Doesn't mean they leave everyone behind in the dust, they may come back to us later.+1 here too. Completed mid August and silence.. Seems like they're already inviting people who completed in September. 🙁
Another friend of mine complete July received an II from a school that is "currently" on September. Don't give up hope!
FutureERDoc9819
Full Member
Me !Any CA ORMs with a low 70 LM receive an II yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
benignradical
Full Member
Niceee, hope I can bring about a similar energy as you and manifest an II.Me !
no they dontSorry if this has been asked before, but does Davis accept updates?
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
Howdy! Pardon my naivete (new to sdn), but what the flip does manifesting/manifestation mean on this forum? Does it mean putting yourself in the mindset of something? lol steep learning curve with all this terminology. Also no-II existential stress gang rise up 👍 additionally rly feel for my homies who're still waiting on secondaries. Even if we're on different stages of the cycle, this process is insane for everyone, and we're all in this one together. Honored to be riding alongside y'all as we push for this bread. let's go be doctors, my dudes
Does anyone know if they go through applications in the order they were received? Doesn't seem like it. I was complete 9/4 and haven't heard anything.