2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi im oos (from Texas) and I have heard NOTHING after sending my secondary in. my entire app was completed on 8/19.
does this mean rejection? is anyone else in this boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hi im oos (from Texas) and I have heard NOTHING after sending my secondary in. my entire app was completed on 8/19.
I've been complete since 8/5. I don't think it means a rejection.. yet? lol

You're OOS and got a secondary from Davis? Lucky...I'm IS, in the Bay Area and got no secondary...

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an R, not surprised since I didn't even receive a secondary

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just received a pre-secondary R! IS and my primary was verified late June

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre secondary R. SoCal Resident.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Davis dropped me pre-II. ORM Cali resident, but lives in the South.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How was your interview? Do we need to know ethical based scenarios?
I think it went well! I should hear back in another 2-3 weeks.

Yes. The MMI included ethical and scenario based questions, as well as a few traditional questions.

Last edited:
How was your interview? Do we need to know ethical based scenariosI
I think it went well! I should hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Yes. The MMI included ethical and scenario based questions, as well as a few traditional questions.
The interview was super fun. I love it. and I know many people did and other applicants will as well. You will ACE IT!

Do you guys think it would look bad if I ask admissions to reroute my md/phd app to md only? havent heard back and didnt realize i wouldnt be considered for the md-only track

Interviewed 12/4. Just got the A call! I cried on the phone lol oh my goodness I'm so happy!!! Wishing you all the best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got rejected post interview. Pretty devastated. It was my dream school and I only had one interview. It’s my second year applying and I’m ready to give up on med school at this point

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users
Just got rejected post interview. Pretty devastated. It was my dream school and I only had one interview. It’s my second year applying and I’m ready to give up on med school at this point
Username checks out. :( I’m really sorry. There’s still a couple more months of this cycle and schools are still sending IIs. I truly hope you get more interviews!

I have an interview coming up here. Are the MMI stations pretty evenly split between acting scenarios and "talking through" ethical dilemmas? Any input would be appreciated.

You're OOS and got a secondary from Davis? Lucky...I'm IS, in the Bay Area and got no secondary...
aw im sure you'll get an A from another school that is better anyways. I am so annoyed because they are the only school that I have applied to that has not sent me an update.

I’m sorry you’re going through this but you’re not alone and it does get better. Feel free to message me, my username also checks out :)

• Care
  • Wow
Interviewed 12/4. Just got the A call! I cried on the phone lol oh my goodness I'm so happy!!! Wishing you all the best of luck!
I got goosebumpsss.... congratulations! my interview is going soon, hope that all of us here can join you!

• Care
Submitted secondary 9/16 and haven't heard anything since. Wondering if it is worth sending an email asking for an update. Has anyone had success doing so?

Submitted secondary 9/16 and haven't heard anything since. Wondering if it is worth sending an email asking for an update. Has anyone had success doing so?
I'm curious as well. Submitted my secondary around 7/31 and have heard absolutely nothing. I'm IS and from norcal as well... don't know if the silence is good or bad:/ Fingers crossed for us both

I'm curious as well. Submitted my secondary around 7/31 and have heard absolutely nothing. I'm IS and from norcal as well... don't know if the silence is good or bad:/ Fingers crossed for us both
I submitted around the same time too! complete silence

pre-II R just now. was OOS so wasnt expecting much. best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Pre-II R ! At least, we know! Good luck to the rest of you, friends!!!

• Care
When was your complete date, please?

early december but if thats past your completion i wouldnt worry...ive had schools that sent me IIs but rejected people who submitted after me before i was even extended that II based upon sdn thread updates. i dont think schools review apps in order honestly

Pre-II R. Complete 9/1/2020

• Care
early december but if thats past your completion i wouldnt worry...ive had schools that sent me IIs but rejected people who submitted after me before i was even extended that II based upon sdn thread updates. i dont think schools review apps in order honestly
I know, but it’s another data point on the uncertainty that is the medical admissions cycle.
thank you and good luck!

Just got a II yesterday! Earliest date available was for Monday, but after like 2 seconds it was gone and then the earliest available was April 9th :(

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just got a II yesterday! Earliest date available was for Monday, but after like 2 seconds it was gone and then the earliest available was April 9th :(
Congrats! When were you complete?

Complete 7/14 and still silence. Super frustrating!

Reactions: 5 users
I got the call for the A on the 19th !!!!! Still feels so unreal, someone pinch me. Praying that we all get good news soon!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users