2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL, interviewed early jan

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know what waitlist movement traditionally looks like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone that heard some gud gud news tonight 🥳🥳🥳

Was wondering if Davis accepts Post-II updates? 😙

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed today, super nervous but I think it went okay. Anyone know how many A's they've given so far or estimated? Thanks:)

Reactions: 2 users
Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far :(
Yes. I got an interview and didn’t take the SJT. There’s still time though So don’t beat yourself up

I was accepted and did not take the SJT (I refused to succumb to yet another institutional barrier smh). I don’t think interviews will be over for another two months, so keep your head up!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been reaching out to current students and appear to be getting ghosted. Really struggling on how to get a sense of the culture at this school 😥

• Sad
I've been reaching out to current students and appear to be getting ghosted. Really struggling on how to get a sense of the culture at this school 😥
I've also been getting ghosted by current students...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted and did not take the SJT (I refused to succumb to yet another institutional barrier smh). I don’t think interviews will be over for another two months, so keep your head up!
Any idea on the estimated numbers of A’s so far?

Can anyone speak on the MMI interview here? Of course I know you can't go into detail but was it on the easier side or pretty difficult?

Hi!! For everyone who interviewed, did you send thank you emails or anything?
I sent just a general thank you for your time I appreciate everything stuff to the ad com email. I didn't include any names or anything just a general thank you to everyone. It probably doesn't make a difference, but I was genuinely thankful for the smooth process lol.

Can anyone speak on the MMI interview here? Of course I know you can't go into detail but was it on the easier side or pretty difficult?
I would say for me I was pretty nervous about it, but it was much smoother than I thought it would be. Don't be scared of it, embrace it as a way to show who you are and how you adapt to situations and you'll do fine! Practice with seeing both sides of issues, and look at example answers on google, I found those helpful.

I would say for me I was pretty nervous about it, but it was much smoother than I thought it would be. Don't be scared of it, embrace it as a way to show who you are and how you adapt to situations and you'll do fine! Practice with seeing both sides of issues, and look at example answers on google, I found those helpful.
Thanks for the input! How long after the interview do they let you know if you've been accepted?

The wait is always the hardest lol. I hope interviewing this late in the game isn't interviewing for a WL position. Did they say the class is full already?
No they didn't say anything about it haha, im feeling the same way tbh but I hear their waitlist has decent movement so as long as it's not an R theres still hope lol

I took the SJT and apparently I'm not very ethical, but I got the II!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just got a pre-II rejection email :/ complete sometime in October. Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So I filled out the post interview survey, but when I clicked the link in the email again, it allows be to submit the survey again. I think during the interview they mentioned that you need to complete the survey to move your application forward, but I wasn't sure if they are able to track this given that it allows me to complete the survey again. Is this the case for everyone else?

anyone have insights on how mdphd admissions will work? it's stated that decisions are dependent on both school of med and mdphd committee, latter of which won't release decisions until all applicants are interviewed. however could one potentially be admitted into som first (following the 3-4 week timeline) or do you think they would just waitlist until mdphd results are out?

Last edited:
Same fam, same. Last 4 weeks have been hell, now gotta wait another 2 months.... T.T
This cycle is brutal... hoping we both hear good news soon fam <3. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or have their interview coming up.

This cycle is brutal... hoping we both hear good news soon fam <3. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or have their interview coming up.

+1 for WL. Hope we all make it through. I have no idea how their movement is though or how many people are on the WL.