2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the call for the A on the 19th !!!!! Still feels so unreal, someone pinch me. Praying that we all get good news soon!!
You’ll have to change your username now!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R today, Complete 8/17
(Bay Area resident born & raised)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected post interview. Pretty devastated. It was my dream school and I only had one interview. It’s my second year applying and I’m ready to give up on med school at this point
I'm sending you LOTS OF LOVE AND COMFORT. I put myself into your shoes and instantly felt a sense of sadness as well. Davis is my dream school and just did an interview there on 01/15. Anyway, I'm wishing you all the best. I wish you strength and courage to face everything in life with peace and dignity.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just got rejected post interview. Pretty devastated. It was my dream school and I only had one interview. It’s my second year applying and I’m ready to give up on med school at this point
Please don't give up! It took me several years to finally get it together and I made it.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Any current students still on here willing to comment more on the vibe at davis? @aaronrodgers @LonelyLibraryBook @burb + others!

I'm really excited about this school but tbh felt interview day left a lot to be desired. I'd love to hear really about the culture and just overall student experience. In particular, there was this huge focus on non-trad at interview day, which is awesome but concerned me that as a "traditional" student I may find the student culture lacking. Is that at all true? Additionally, how supported do you feel by the school- in terms of pursuits, complaints etc? anything else you could share about what UCD does right and what they could improve?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been able to send an update letter? I couldn't figure out a way to do it through the portal so do we just email it to them?

Hi!! My interview is coming up and I’m super nervous. It’s my first MMI and I’d appreciate any general tips! Thank you! (Also I’m not familiar with Davis but are we allowed to write during the interview?) thanks!!

I saw that there was an II waitlist last year. Has anyone gotten waitlisted for an II yet?

bay area native & uc davis alum who submitted secondary in early august. still haven't heard anything :(

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
bay area native & uc davis alum who submitted secondary in early august. still haven't heard anything :(
still silent as well on my end. submitted 1 week within secondary in early august as well :(

• Care
Hi!! My interview is coming up and I’m super nervous. It’s my first MMI and I’d appreciate any general tips! Thank you! (Also I’m not familiar with Davis but are we allowed to write during the interview?) thanks!!
Yes you're allowed to write. Try not to be nervous. They are not trying to trick you in any way. I had a SUPER PLEASANT experience despite many technical difficulties. Their communication is prompt and detailed, so everything will go smoothly regardless of any hiccups you might have. Focus on controllable factors, and do the best you can. You will do great! Time flies by fast, so focus on the main points and actually answer questions.

Reactions: 6 users
Yes you're allowed to write. Try not to be nervous. They are not trying to trick you in any way. I had a SUPER PLEASANT experience despite many technical difficulties. Their communication is prompt and detailed, so everything will go smoothly regardless of any hiccups you might have. Focus on controllable factors, and do the best you can. You will do great! Time flies by fast, so focus on the main points and actually answer questions.
Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it! I’m glad to hear you had a good experience, I’ve been stressing for a while over this!

Really? And they notified people they were on an II waitlist last year? Interesting..
Yes they notified people by Email. Havent heard anyone reporting being waitlisted for II this year unless those who have been notified dont use SDN or just didnt report it.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes they notified people by Email. Havent heard anyone reporting being waitlisted for II this year unless those who have been notified dont use SDN or just didnt report it.
Interesting, yes maybe people who received those don't use SDN or didn't report. People did update on if they got pre-II R's, so maybe they are moving towards doing an II waitlist soon. Are you still waiting to hear if you got an II?

Post-II R just a few minutes ago. Interviewed 1/8. Hurts a little but not too bad bc I already got into my first choice! Congrats to everyone who gets an A from that day!

• Care
Interviewed 1/8 and just got the waitlist email. I’m OOS. Kind of bummed, but not surprised! Fortunately, I still have an interview with my #1 choice coming up. Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Post-II R just a few minutes ago. Interviewed 1/8. Hurts a little but not too bad bc I already got into my first choice! Congrats to everyone who gets an A from that day!
Congrats on your Acceptance!!!

Anyone who interviewed/familiar with the interviewing process comfortable with giving tips etc?

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed willing to share some of the questions the interviewers asked/willing to chat about their experince? I'm interviewing in April and want to go ham on prep because UCD is home :')
Im pretty sure they are not allowed to disclose interview questions

I received the same II waitlist email. Compete 9/23

Complete in July, and a Davis alum who works for UCD and the silence if deafening :cryi:

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
secondary submitted 9/4 and silence since. norcal resident, ORM, did a surgical internship at UCD. manifesting an II !!

• Care
Anybody here had an interview in January and heard back from school??

Lmao that financial aid email really gave me a full blown heart attack 😂😂

II WL emails have been going out right? If we haven't received any news at all, does that mean we're slated for an end-cycle R?

I had an interview on 01/15. The admissions said that we will start hearing back around Feb 18th
I had my interview on that day too, and I missed this information. That was my only interview so far and I am super stressed out.

• Care
Any current students still on here willing to comment more on the vibe at davis? @aaronrodgers @LonelyLibraryBook @burb + others!

I'm really excited about this school but tbh felt interview day left a lot to be desired. I'd love to hear really about the culture and just overall student experience. In particular, there was this huge focus on non-trad at interview day, which is awesome but concerned me that as a "traditional" student I may find the student culture lacking. Is that at all true? Additionally, how supported do you feel by the school- in terms of pursuits, complaints etc? anything else you could share about what UCD does right and what they could improve?

Thanks!
Yikes I was really hoping for some insight on this! I know current med students may not be that active in these threads but I'm not too sure where else to go for this info- anyone with any insight/ideas?

Just received II!
Congratulations!!! 🥂
Please don't keep us in suspense! When were you complete, what are the available interview dates?
Are they into June yet? 😬

• Haha
Congratulations!!! 🥂
Please don't keep us in suspense! When were you complete, what are the available interview dates?
Are they into June yet? 😬
I was complete 9/23, II waitlist 1/28. I only saw two dates 3/5 and 3/8. I’m assuming more will open.

Got an II for the MD/PhD program yesterday for April 2nd!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users