2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if i'm interviewing this friday, is it most likely for a waitlist position?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

In the letter of rec portion of the portal, my "Received by Admissions Office" date is very recent, but I have not updated my AMCAS application.
Does anyone have an answer or hypothesis about this?

I am trying to read non-existent tea leaves. :)

Hello everyone,

In the letter of rec portion of the portal, my "Received by Admissions Office" date is very recent, but I have not updated my AMCAS application.
Does anyone have an answer or hypothesis about this?

I am trying to read non-existent tea leaves. :)
I noticed this also. I thought it was a little weird especially since my app was complete a long time ago.

pre-ii R, complete 7/14, sacramento native, huge amount of research/clinical/volunteering
a tad bit bothered? perhaps

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I noticed this also. I thought it was a little weird especially since my app was complete a long time ago.
Whoops, meant to post this in UC Irvine. My letter dates are as they were sent to the school, not recent.
Did you recently update your AMCAS application?

Whoops, meant to post this in UC Irvine. My letter dates are as they were sent to the school, not recent.
Did you recently update your AMCAS application?
Ah maybe I am thinking of UC Irvine also haha. I knew somewhere it showed my LORs were recently uploaded when they were uploaded back in May. No I did not update my AMCAS app.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how late they will interview this cycle?

Late to the party, but interviewed 12/04 for the MD/PhD program and was waitlisted on 01/19. UC Davis is my top school, so needless to say I'll be a bundle of stress for the next couple months :oops: Anyone else hear anything back from the MD/PhD program yet?

• Care
Im interviewing in April for the MD/PhD. Got my II in February. Dont know anything else. Good luck though
Late to the party, but interviewed 12/04 for the MD/PhD program and was waitlisted on 01/19. UC Davis is my top school, so needless to say I'll be a bundle of stress for the next couple months :oops: Anyone else hear anything back from the MD/PhD program yet

Just got the A call, interviewed 2/5! Writing this through the tears!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Is the Facebook group for anyone who gets accepted, or do people only really join if they plan to matriculate?

pre-ii R, complete 7/14, sacramento native, huge amount of research/clinical/volunteering
a tad bit bothered? perhaps
Same. Just got the R today. Also a sacramento native with decent stats and a lot of volunteering :(

• Care
Are there any current UCD med students who would be willing to have a chat about their UCD SOM experience?

Pre-II R complete 8/29
+2, complete mid-August. Weirdly, got the R just after a notification that I withdrew my application? I assume it's just a clerical error on their part but I emailed Admissions just to be safe.

Edit: Admissions confirmed it was a system error.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
+2, complete mid-August. Weirdly, got the R just after a notification that I withdrew my application? I assume it's just a clerical error on their part but I emailed Admissions just to be safe.
+1

• Care
Anyone get the email just now to confirm our interview on the portal? I logged onto the portal but can't find where to confirm my interview.

EDIT: Nvm, it updated!

Last edited:
I got the same. They sent an email saying they sent the withdrawal email by mistake shortly after.

• Care
I sense a blood bath coming. Im ready for it.Let's go!

• Haha
if I haven't heard anything at all since I submitted my secondary in mid-august, am I just awaiting a rejection? I haven't gotten any email about an II-waitlist or anything else
Same, I feel like II WL just guarantees that you're fine until they run out of II spots. Otherwise you can get hit with any R wave in between.

Pre - II R, complete mid-September, IS, LM70 AND MY ALMA MATER AHHHHHHHHHHH

• Care
Im sorry to hear that. Did you just get it?
No I didn't, 12:47 PST, 26th of February, year 2021 AD (Gregorian Calendar)

I would just close your SDN threads tab if you're monitoring it this closely on a Friday night haha. Wishing you best of luck tho!

• Haha
For those rejected post interview, did you feel you did not do as well as you could have on the interview? Or do you think it may have been another reason why? Is the post interview acceptance rate pretty good here?

Pre-II R yesterday, complete sometime in late July. Good luck to the rest of you still in the running!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Question for accepted students: am I correct in my interpretation that we won’t get our financial aid packages (which is where I am guessing we will also find out about any merit aid we may have lucked into along with need based aid) until June? That seems really late and I am wondering how you are planning to compare your overall COA at Davis vs. at any other school(s) you may be considering?

Question for accepted students: am I correct in my interpretation that we won’t get our financial aid packages (which is where I am guessing we will also find out about any merit aid we may have lucked into along with need based aid) until June? That seems really late and I am wondering how you are planning to compare your overall COA at Davis vs. at any other school(s) you may be considering?
Dang that is super late if that is the case

From my discussion with a current student it seems like Davis gives out fin aid packages very late (which sucks), but they will notify you if you received a scholarship April/may

From my discussion with a current student it seems like Davis gives out fin aid packages very late (which sucks), but they will notify you if you received a scholarship April/may
This is what I gleaned from stalking last year's thread! That being said- it seemed veryyyy last minute in April for merit too, not cool :/

While ya'll are here- do we know when second look is going to be/ any info on it?

This is what I gleaned from stalking last year's thread! That being said- it seemed veryyyy last minute in April for merit too, not cool :/

Thank you for your replies! I was hoping I was wrong and that maybe it was just the FINAL package that won't ready until June, but it seems like we really are in it for the long haul to find out what what our cost of attendance will look like. I am glad to hear that, at the very least, we might find out about scholarships before the April 30 "Plan to Enroll" date. Honestly still a bit confused how we can make good comparisons without a good picture of COA, but perhaps this is something to check in with the financial aid office about.

Thank you for your replies! I was hoping I was wrong and that maybe it was just the FINAL package that won't ready until June, but it seems like we really are in it for the long haul to find out what what our cost of attendance will look like. I am glad to hear that, at the very least, we might find out about scholarships before the April 30 "Plan to Enroll" date. Honestly still a bit confused how we can make good comparisons without a good picture of COA, but perhaps this is something to check in with the financial aid office about.
If you get any additional info I'd love to hear it! It honestly feels ridiculous that they would make us go blind into this decision after all the hoops we jump through to make it this far :/