2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t know about this year, but the past 4 Facebook groups all have 350+ members. Are most of these accepted students, or is it something else?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your replies! I was hoping I was wrong and that maybe it was just the FINAL package that won't ready until June, but it seems like we really are in it for the long haul to find out what what our cost of attendance will look like. I am glad to hear that, at the very least, we might find out about scholarships before the April 30 "Plan to Enroll" date. Honestly still a bit confused how we can make good comparisons without a good picture of COA, but perhaps this is something to check in with the financial aid office about.

So are we applying for merit-based and other scholarships or are we automatically considered since we've already applied there?
And yes I agree -- I hate that we have to wait until June. How are we going to make the decision without COA?

So are we applying for merit-based and other scholarships or are we automatically considered since we've already applied there?
And yes I agree -- I hate that we have to wait until June. How are we going to make the decision without COA?
So, from my understanding, we are automatically considered for the main grants/scholarships they offer (i.e. money we don't have to pay back, as opposed to loans, which we do). This is what their webpage says about that:

The Schools of Health at UC Davis offer grants and scholarships to a number of their students. All students are considered for these funds. Information collected through the admissions application, and from the FAFSA and UC Davis' financial aid supplemental application is used to award grant and scholarship funds. Some awards are based solely on academic criteria; others are based on academic and financial-need criteria. NOTE: An applicant's scholarship offers from other institutions will not influence our merit or need-based scholarship decisions. We will not attempt to match scholarship offers from other institutions.

However, based on one of the emails the FA office sent, I believe that admitted students are also encouraged to review the restricted endowment funds and let them know if they think they may qualify to be considered for one of those (for the most part these are for ppl who graduated HS from various parts of Nor Cal).

If you get any additional info I'd love to hear it! It honestly feels ridiculous that they would make us go blind into this decision after all the hoops we jump through to make it this far :/
I emailed a bit with the FA office today and was basically told that we likely will not hear about our packages until June due to the timeline of when all the numbers for tuition and fees are finalized. The response also mentioned that no matter what the COA ends up being, students will get offered federal loans up to that amount. Unfortunately I think what most of us are interested in is whether or not we will qualify for any merit or need based grants/scholarships that would help cut that number down a bit.... So unfortunately, it looks like we may have to make our decisions prior to April 30th based on partial-information at best.

• Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So, from my understanding, we are automatically considered for the main grants/scholarships they offer (i.e. money we don't have to pay back, as opposed to loans, which we do). This is what their webpage says about that:

The Schools of Health at UC Davis offer grants and scholarships to a number of their students. All students are considered for these funds. Information collected through the admissions application, and from the FAFSA and UC Davis' financial aid supplemental application is used to award grant and scholarship funds. Some awards are based solely on academic criteria; others are based on academic and financial-need criteria. NOTE: An applicant's scholarship offers from other institutions will not influence our merit or need-based scholarship decisions. We will not attempt to match scholarship offers from other institutions.

However, based on one of the emails the FA office sent, I believe that admitted students are also encouraged to review the restricted endowment funds and let them know if they think they may qualify to be considered for one of those (for the most part these are for ppl who graduated HS from various parts of Nor Cal).

I emailed a bit with the FA office today and was basically told that we likely will not hear about our packages until June due to the timeline of when all the numbers for tuition and fees are finalized. The response also mentioned that no matter what the COA ends up being, students will get offered federal loans up to that amount. Unfortunately I think what most of us are interested in is whether or not we will qualify for any merit or need based grants/scholarships that would help cut that number down a bit.... So unfortunately, it looks like we may have to make our decisions prior to April 30th based on partial-information at best.

This is really, really helpful. I recently requested my parents to fill out the forms etc and I'm done on their MyAwards page as far as the form filling goes. I'm glad that they're going to offer federal loans up to that amount, that's something good.

And regarding the restricted endowment funds: I remember seeing something about it when I was browsing through their website. Unfortunately I did not complete highschool in the US so it doesn't really apply to me.

But thank you once again for all the information, you're a true savior!

Now patience is going to be the virtue.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, just completed my first and only interview for this admissions cycle. They told us we should hear back in 3-4 weeks. This is gonna be a looooong wait. 😰 🤞

Folks who have interviewed, were you allowed to jot down notes when reading your MMI prompt? On the interview waitlist and doing everything I can to feel prepared since it seems like the II could come very last minute (if at all eek!)

Folks who have interviewed, were you allowed to jot down notes when reading your MMI prompt? On the interview waitlist and doing everything I can to feel prepared since it seems like the II could come very last minute (if at all eek!)
Yes you can jot down notes for this MMI

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
R this afternoon. Goodbye alma mater, and goodbye staying in town :/ Thankfully have other UC love but this one stings.

• Care
Hi everyone, can an accepted student answer the following question, please.
If accepted, can you drop courses with a (W) you are currently in if they are not a prerequisite for UC Davis. And if you do not drop the courses is there a minimum grade or GPA you must achieve to preserve you admission?

do you think we will hear back today? they seem to go out on Wednesdays

GOT THE ACCEPTANCE CALL!!!!!! This process has been absolute hell and I am so happy to finally have an acceptance. To everyone who's having a difficult cycle please keep your chin up and know that this process is very cut throat. #reapplicant

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
GOT THE ACCEPTANCE CALL!!!!!! This process has been absolute hell and I am so happy to finally have an acceptance. To everyone who's having a difficult cycle please keep your chin up and know that this process is very cut throat. #reapplicant
Aww I’m so happy for you!! Congrats friend, the wait was worth it 😍😍😍

• Care
Congratulations!! Interview tomorrow for me, super nervous. Just saw on the interview format email, all the situations are open-ended? That means no actor based?

Congratulations!! Interview tomorrow for me, super nervous. Just saw on the interview format email, all the situations are open-ended? That means no actor based?
Good luck tomorrow! And they are just standard MMI stations with pretty straightforward questions. No acting. Btw, is tomorrow the last interview day?

Congratulations! Can I ask when you interviewed?

Good luck tomorrow! And they are just standard MMI stations with pretty straightforward questions. No acting. Btw, is tomorrow the last interview day?
I'm interviewing on April 2nd so it goes on at least til then

Reactions: 2 users
II last night!! Placed on the II waitlist mid-Feb, only available date was 4/2... it's not over til it's over!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Any accepted students mind sharing how many people are in the FB group now?

Does this mean the class is pretty much full then?
Looks like they accepted 226 people last year. Assuming the Facebook numbers are accurate (which is a big assumption), I imagine they still have a decent number of A's to send out.

Damn WL hittin harder than usual tonight smh:/
Assuming all numbers are right (big assumption, I know), UCD accepts ~220 each year and right now there are ~120 students on the FB group (because apparently ~70 are current students). This still leaves like 80-100 acceptances to be given out and I can't imagine April interviews taking up most of these spots, so the rest should go towards WL. Past threads have said UCD has pretty decent WL movement so we'll just have to see!

Assuming all numbers are right (big assumption, I know), UCD accepts ~220 each year and right now there are ~120 students on the FB group (because apparently ~70 are current students). This still leaves like 80-100 acceptances to be given out and I can't imagine April interviews taking up most of these spots, so the rest should go towards WL. Past threads have said UCD has pretty decent WL movement so we'll just have to see!
Thanks for keeping my spirits up I appreciate you 🙃

I also doubt that everyone has a facebook/ actually joined the facebook group. So there may be more accepted students than we think.

Does any know if classes will be online or in-person for the newly admitted class?

Does anyone know what the new curriculum that will start this year is? I don’t remember them mentioning it in the info sessions, but one of the current students told me they’re changing it

Just got the A call, interviewed 2/5! Writing this through the tears!!!
sacramento.craigslist.org/roo/d/sacramento-med-law-students-residence/7294703422.html

If you're looking for a room to rent this is within biking distance to the school. I, unfortunately, wasn't accepted to Davis so my husband is looking for another medical student to rent one of our extra rooms out to since he'll be gone most of the time either working or visiting me at school.

Just thought I'd get the word out there!