2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those using the FB page size as a gauge of acceptances, I just want to say that I requested to join almost a week ago and still haven't been let in. There might be significant lag between acceptances being offered and people joining the group.
 
For those using the FB page size as a gauge of acceptances, I just want to say that I requested to join almost a week ago and still haven't been let in. There might be significant lag between acceptances being offered and people joining the group.
Yeah, it took 2-3 weeks for me to be accepted after I requested to join. It seems like they are accepting requests in batches every few weeks.

But also, the FB page isn’t an accurate gauge of acceptances bc there are 70+ current students in the group!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry about the R. Did you feel bad about the MMI itself or your stats ?
combination of stats and weak connections to California as a whole (I know people without NorCal ties get accepted and such, but my ties to the whole state are weak- I’m a CA applicant by technicality)
 
combination of stats and weak connections to California as a whole (I know people without NorCal ties get accepted and such, but my ties to the whole state are weak- I’m a CA applicant by technicality)
Okay thanks so much for your transparency and goodluck with the rest of the cycle !
 
Okay thanks so much for your transparency and goodluck with the rest of the cycle !
I felt like most of my interview went well, except for maybe about 2 of the MMI stations, where I felt that they did not vibe with me much. Maybe as a result of that, I was placed on the WL. I really hope I can get off of this WL because I'd love to go here.
 
I felt like most of my interview went well, except for maybe about 2 of the MMI stations, where I felt that they did not vibe with me much. Maybe as a result of that, I was placed on the WL. I really hope I can get off of this WL because I'd love to go here.
I feel the same way! i had my interview today and two of them were ...meh:/ .. but good luck !! I hope the waitlist movement works in your favor 🙂
 
Hello! Does anyone know if the presentations during the virtual second look day will be recorded? If not, do you think its worth it to ask for time off for this? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a post II rejection. Strongly suspecting that my interview date played a big factor. I got the invite back in December, and picked the earliest date available, which was 03/22. However, I noticed that earlier dates (e.g. in early February) kept sporadically popping up as people were cancelling interviews. Wanted to advise everyone applying 2021-2022 to be more aggressive with trying to select earlier interview dates.
 
Got a post II rejection. Strongly suspecting that my interview date played a big factor. I got the invite back in December, and picked the earliest date available, which was 03/22. However, I noticed that earlier dates (e.g. in early February) kept sporadically popping up as people were cancelling interviews. Wanted to advise everyone applying 2021-2022 to be more aggressive with trying to select earlier interview dates.
So sorry to hear 😔 hope you're coping well and you hear some good news soon.
Did you feel your interview went well?
 
Thanks! So the class is pretty much full then? That's 169 students for the incoming class.
Thank you for giving me hope in these dark dark times lol
Also that 70 number was first mentioned a month ago, so it could be somewhere from 80-85+ now. And then combine that with students who are unsure if they'll be attending. Stay strong friends!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 4/5 too! Super anxious. I thought I heard that there is some event on the 26th of April for accepted students during our interview orientation. Does that mean we should hear in the next couple days?
 
I interviewed on 4/5 too! Super anxious. I thought I heard that there is some event on the 26th of April for accepted students during our interview orientation. Does that mean we should hear in the next couple days?
I didn’t hear about the 4/26 event. But they def mentioned we’ll hear back post 4/23/2021.