2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I was wondering if they screen you first to make a decision wether to send out secondaries or not? I applied late I know waiting time for me could resume till February or March. According to the SJT I was a complete sociopath and my stats are low, URM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if they screen you first to make a decision wether to send out secondaries or not? I applied late I know waiting time for me could resume till February or March. According to the SJT I was a complete sociopath and my stats are low, URM.

If you pass the automated screen, you will receive a secondary instantly (or within a couple days). If you do not pass the automatic screen, then your application will be reviewed by a human (or multiple) who will then decide to give a secondary or not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take what I say with a grain of salt because I have no clue, but if they are scheduling interviews into April already, I feel like they are pretty much done. Complete 9/8. No II, no pre-II R. Just silence.
If that's the case then they should just rip the band-aid off and tell us our fate cuz this silence is ridiculously, unnecessarily long 😒
 
II today! Complete 09/24. Non-traditional (career changer) with lots of ties to NorCal and stats that are within their 25-50% range, according to MSAR. My application is definitely evidence that they actually do a holistic review!
Congratulations on the II !!!! When is the earliest available interview date?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad